today was a good day!! Mental health awareness

wallace

Posting this today as I feel people should speak about there mental health more like I did. 

So I have struggled with my mental health from a young age lost my parents in a car accident when I was 10 and shortly after that I was in a mental asylum in Inverness(not as bad as it sounds)  was there for 2 weeks to get help for my depression as nothing made me happy and I didn't want to live. 

Feel like doctors just threw drugs at me. But after speaking to people in a similar state that I was in I began to realise that it wasn't just me that had these problems and to be honest ever since the group meetings I have never looked back.

Fast forward 12 years my life was perfect had a child on the way hade the same partner since we were 12 she's my rock. Woke up one morning with a loud ringing noise in my ear that I couldent get rid of waited a week like the doctors said and it just didn't get any better they told me it was an ear infection., so I got anti biotics and it made it so much worse and was stuck with it they said it couild be permanent damage. And that brought back the feelings of wanting to kill myself again for the first month of dealing with tinnitus I did not want to live, I did not want to see my son I just wanted to die (if u have not had tinnitus u won't understand how debilitating it is) the first month was the hardest my partner had never seen me cry before I just couldent cope. But with the love from my family and support I have managed to get past it now I have lived with it for 2 years and  I know its there but I can ignore it.  I finally have started to enjoy life again

Basically I'm saying speak about it there is always someone who will listen your family and friends will be there for you. 

I have missed out parts I don't think really need to be mentioned. :)

Ignore the terrible grammar my spelling is crap

Edited by wallace

Man you're genuinely a good guy. You never know what people have gone through when you see them, even moreso through a video game or community like ours, unless they're actually brought up like this.

Crazy how this mental awareness day came on the same day that I was down as far as I've been for a while. I've been dealing with addictions my whole life (thank god nothing drug related but nevertheless) and recently realized that I actually need help. Opening up and talking about it helps tremendously and makes you feel like you're not alone.

Thank you for bringing this up brother.

Edited by Cashtillo

After reading this mate it gives me some mad respect for you, youve been through alot and damn I give you credit for staying strong, WG is family brother and if you ever need someone to talk to, we're all here for you ❤️ 

Thank you for being open and speaking up about this, we support you man, WG has ur back :) 

• 3 weeks later...

As a person with borderline personality disorder with a comorbid addiction, I find it so important that mental health and mental illness are brought into the front line much more than they currently are. We need to be talking about these things, lest they continue to be stigmatized and leave individuals to suffer in silence.

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

twitter | instagram | discord:  swootie#9599

• 1 year later...