OSRS RuneFest Reveals

Mojo

Dragon slayer two is legit the only thing I'm hyped for. The bounty rework hopefully will kill of the stupid bh kill mules. Rev caves will likely be more dead content unless it has good loot like spider ect. I find it unlikely all round though that they will get it right. 

5 hours ago, suffud said:

Dragon slayer two is legit the only thing I'm hyped for. The bounty rework hopefully will kill of the stupid bh kill mules. Rev caves will likely be more dead content unless it has good loot like spider ect. I find it unlikely all round though that they will get it right. 

I think you're right about rev caves except for a different reason.  The wildy bosses have some decent loots but they're dead as hell sometimes because PvMers hate the idea of the wilderness not being easyscape.  I don't know what their plan is to make rev caves "worth it" but I doubt most people on RS will be there because they don't want to be pked.  and even if they are there, it'll be like when rev caves came out on rs3.  people 4 iteming in dhide and a whip making it useless for pkers.

• Retired Leader
2 hours ago, DavyJones said:

I don't know what their plan is to make rev caves "worth it" but I doubt most people on RS will be there because they don't want to be pked.  

I watched the full stream. I don't remember the exact quotes but to answer your points there they said the following:

"loot will be similar to pre-nerf Zulrah" - aka 2-3m/hr

"We'll make sure it's hard enough to need decent gear" - aka no black d'hide etc.

They also spoke about learning from the RS3 rev cave experience and improving some things and keeping some things the same. I think they implied the tunnel shapes would be different.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

13 hours ago, Mojo said:

I watched the full stream. I don't remember the exact quotes but to answer your points there they said the following:

"loot will be similar to pre-nerf Zulrah" - aka 2-3m/hr

"We'll make sure it's hard enough to need decent gear" - aka no black d'hide etc.

They also spoke about learning from the RS3 rev cave experience and improving some things and keeping some things the same. I think they implied the tunnel shapes would be different.

Thank god.  That cave was the most ridiculous thing

Hopefully its not a stupid long run through too aswell, places like Relekka Slayer cave is not what the game needs, don't want people able to box away from pkers too. Pre-Zulrah loot would be ridiculous really, it might even encourage clans using the caves to train/protect each other. 

• Retired Leader
2 hours ago, suffud said:

it might even encourage clans using the caves to train/protect each other. 

That’s not a bad thing imo. If it happened then other clans would soon find out and a fight would ensue. That’s presumably the aim of this. 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

Yeah it sounds like it would be good, just gotta hope you have options to survive against a clan there too. Hopefully not similar to the portal caves under the wild or the current wildy gwd. Both are far too basic in wgw or poor design for the portals.