Mental health topic

Corpi

Hey everyone, some of you may know how big of a deal mental health is for me, and as someone who's been struggling for a long time, I'd like to say to anyone out there needing help that you're not alone. I've met great people in this game and in this clan (shoutout to you @MsFreakyFrog), even the slightest act of kindness or progress in my account (lvling up, achieving goals, etc) has made me smile and keep fueling me on trying to get better. Anyways, if you think you need help or that you want to talk about something, feel free to pm me in game or discord, I'm always down to help other people, specially when it's about mental health.

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Corpi.gif

Same here Banish. I'm unmedicated ATM for a few reasons, and have been playing OSRS more frequently as a tool to calm myself down.

Always happy to talk to anyone about anything, keep you company during a panic attack, whatever you need. 

Just hit ya girl up and let's duo some demons ❤️ 

New_MotM.pngScooking.gif.5d4a254deccee891a20b48bdabc0d96d.gif

• Retired Leader

it's always good to talk openly about this so thanks for posting this :)  

Sadly in the last year in WG we've had people with unaddressed mental health issues causing problems for us and I'm sure there would have been fewer problems if they were more open about their issues.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

20 hours ago, WG HugBoat said:

Same here Banish. I'm unmedicated ATM for a few reasons, and have been playing OSRS more frequently as a tool to calm myself down.

Always happy to talk to anyone about anything, keep you company during a panic attack, whatever you need. 

Just hit ya girl up and let's duo some demons ❤️ 

Same, I've been using this game as a "therapy", it has kept me on my senses many times so I'm emotionally attached to it. Thanks for the love in your comment💓

17 hours ago, MsFreakyFrog said:

@Banish You are so very kind. I enjoy our conversations and I am glad you do too! ❤️ Thanks for being a good friend :)

Hard not to enjoy talking to you, you're amazing as a person💕

3 hours ago, Alias zeven said:

hey Banish! get it out there! if you ever need someone to talk to just give me a chat in game :) 

Good to count with you my man❤️

2 hours ago, Mojo said:

it's always good to talk openly about this so thanks for posting this :)  

Sadly in the last year in WG we've had people with unaddressed mental health issues causing problems for us and I'm sure there would have been fewer problems if they were more open about their issues.

It's always hard to be open about it, there's many emotions when the subject about "speaking about yourself" comes up, everyone takes it different, it's sad that stuff like that has caused trouble to the clan, I hope it doesn't happen again, and those whoever are in need, may reach out to other people here in order to help themselves and the clan at the same time. 

Corpi.gif

I have a bad history with mental health. I'm lucky to be alive. Still an everyday struggle but you keep fighting and learning to cope, you build stronger. Life is precious. Reach out, get help. F the stigma. 11 years of therapy I gave up, it wasn't for me. Or maybe getting sick of therapy was my therapy. Being locked up in the ward for a few weeks in a very dangerous area with horrible people. that'll haunt me forever. I wrote a webpage for it and published it when it all happened, I let the domain expire but you can read it on wordpress if you like. Take care, always feel free to contact me with anything. I've been through a lot , like most people, but mental health issues plague me since I could form memories all the way thru adulthood....
https://dreamshiver.wordpress.com/

an excerpt:

"

ptFJzTk.png

An Introduction to Insanity

“Brandon, Brandon, Brandon!”, her voice repeated in a loud whisper – yet soothing – in what felt like a divine spirit of some sort speaking to me through some spiritual medium. I must have fallen asleep. I slowly opened my eyes and removed my hat from my face to reveal the blinding fluorescent lighting above, only to realize that there was nobody there. I was alone in [my] room.

Again, I closed my eyes and heard the beautiful girl’s voice two more times. I must have fallen asleep yet again – after all, I was awake for about forty hours prior to this. Eyes again opened and this time fully conscious and aware of my surroundings, as I heard the loud conversations and shouts of arguments and violent vomiting from detoxing heroin addicts, it had struck me like baseball bat to the head. I was in the detox unit of the psychiatric ward and there was nobody calling my name. Yet somehow, the clock nearly stood still. It’s likely that no more than two hours or less had passed.

To this day that voice still haunts me. Was I dreaming? Was I hallucinating? Was this some divine experience? I’ve never encountered anything like that before in my entire life, and I’ve been used to the nightly fucked up vivid dreams that Prozac has and continues to burden me with for a decade."

with love, foxi

Edited by Foxing

aDYLkiUFQ5Ot_MPiFOAGuA.png

A couple years back I struggled quiet badly with Depression and Anxiety. The key to getting through the dark patches is having people look out for you knowing whats wrong. Going at it alone and your going to struggle more. Like you said even the smallest acts of kindness can mean so much more than people realize.  I still get down patches now but I know methods for getting through it. Plus found a wonderful woman to share my life with which helps a ton! 

If anybody needs to talk, feel free to DM me on Disc or here. 

Edited by suffud

There's absolutely NO shame in talking about your mental health. I've been fortunate to never expierence such things. Besides maybe a break-up but that really doesn't matter since I was a lot younger and maybe not knowing the real troubles.

My father never recovered from the early dead of his father (he was 16y/o when his father passed away) and to this day he stuggles with his depression. Not to mention he has a problem with booze, and not a little one. Every small setback is good enough for him to grab the bottle. Absolutely shit situation, I hope none of us get so unlucky.

On the other hand, my best friend lost his mother when he was 18 y/o. Unlike my father he knew his mother wasn't gonna live very long and maybe that helped a bit, ah idk. But he talked pretty openly about it and with pretty much everyone. The week after his mother passed away he could've sit at home and grief but he insisted to go on a schooltrip for a few days. I think his mentality to keep going has helped him a lot. To this day I haven't seen him struggle with it and if he ever did he just talks about it.

So yea, just talk about it if you feel shit. It certainly helps me whenever I feel a little bit shit.

Always here to listen if you ever need it :)

theweakshouldfearthestrongk.jpg.3b9e29698395a861c20faaee06bb440b.jpg

Spoiler

bestfriend.jpg.a6477b72390f9e2e26fb0e7202d961a0.jpg

wguserbar.png

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

• 1 year later...

I've been exhausted by depression for 6 years now. Recent years it has been getting better, let's say I've had several worse types of escapism than OSRS. I still struggle, but I'm happy to see this thread and the support we are giving each other here. It feels good to know people understand each other on this and aren't afraid to talk about it.

And those who feel like today is the worst day of your depression, I was like that for 3 years straight. So if you have been desperate for long, remember that it's always possible to climb up. There's always hope.