Jagex Deletes Bounty Hunter Due to Torvesta Video

Mojo

• Retired Leader

i think most people are in agreement that it was the correct course of action. The main issue is that it shouldn't require a prominent YouTuber to raise the issue before it gets sorted.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

On 1/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, Mojo said:

i think most people are in agreement that it was the correct course of action. The main issue is that it shouldn't require a prominent YouTuber to raise the issue before it gets sorted.

I think it is reassuring that Jadex is listening to prominent Youtubers, many companies wont do anything of the sort. It's also amazing that Jadex was aware of the issue so soon within a couple days (might have been the first) a jMod mentioned the issues had been noticed. Sure they took too long to fix it, however as far as companies go I think they are doing pretty well.

• Retired Leader
5 hours ago, Ivory Blade said:

I think it is reassuring that Jadex is listening to prominent Youtubers, many companies wont do anything of the sort. It's also amazing that Jadex was aware of the issue so soon within a couple days (might have been the first) a jMod mentioned the issues had been noticed. Sure they took too long to fix it, however as far as companies go I think they are doing pretty well.

the behaviour taking place in the BH worlds was not the behaviour of a "normal" player. Jagex should have systems in place to detect abnormal activity. The most recent BH update was 14th November and it took them two months to realise players were abusing BH. With proper systems in place and with J-Mods monitoring new updates it would have taken a few days maximum to discover this.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

7 hours ago, Mojo said:

the behavior taking place in the BH worlds was not the behavior of a "normal" player. Jagex should have systems in place to detect abnormal activity. The most recent BH update was 14th November and it took them two months to realize players were abusing BH. With proper systems in place and with J-Mods monitoring new updates it would have taken a few days maximum to discover this.

I should point out that they already have bot detection systems, so they can detect some kinds of abnormal activity already. There is also a j-mod reply on the thread bellow from November, two days after the update was released.