drug addiction and rehab

Misdeal

as most of you may know, a clan member lvl 99 gay left wg after explaining his story about becoming addicted to meth. I personally try to keep my online life and my real life

as separate as possible, but its hard to do that sometimes, when at my work, someone had died after ODing on meth last month. And after randomly encountering lvl 99 gay in the wdr discord we had gotten to talking about addiction, and how it comes to fruition and how difficult it can be to curb. As of today, gay told me he had been 28 days clean of meth, however, the only thing that keeps him going is that people care about him and that he has support with his rehab. I know that a decent amount of people have him added on discord and rs. It truly does mean a lot to just reach out and dm him on how his rehab is going and how he is doing. He still cares about WG and I can only hope WG still cares about him.

Please take this into your personal life too, as many people struggle with substance abuse and addiction and hide it well. Think, has anyone you know recently become reclusive and shies away from plans and social gatherings? If so please take the time to reach out to them. I've lost a lot of friends to suicide and drug addiction, and I'd hate for you to lose people too

image.png.e558918b2015278ac2f5616d25bcf9e3.png

SALT.png.ebca70e837426d9c314473d47368b537.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say we can't too firmly divide what we call "online life" and "real life". Whether we use our real name or a nickname we are no less human. 

We all go through shit in our lives, some more than others. At the same time the safety net each of us have in the form of family, friends, colleagues and governmental help differs a lot between us. For some maybe the only place they truly can ventilate their struggles is within WG.

For WG and its members this means two things:

1. WG is an arena where people feel they can truly be themselves and feel backed up through difficulties which might prove life changing. 

2. And due to that the people of WG also are given a responsibility to take care of each other and to support each other through whatever life throws of shit. And to be aware of the fact that the nicknames we face every day we play RuneScape is in fact real people with real challenges in life which we can help with by actually listening, being supportive and daring to ask the question "How are you, really?".

It might save lives.

Bwoodcutting.gif.f213eecc1492d5c5e625d203e51c7783.gif

I've struggled with depression and drug addiction for most of my life. I never really cared which drugs I did as long as I didn't have to be sober, and all that culminated in meth addiction ages 15-16, xanax and party drugs in college, and finally heroin. Now I'm 22, fully sober off everything except weed, and as happy as I've ever been.

If you're struggling with addiction, just know that you are bigger than your problems and stronger than the negative influences in your life. The catalyst for change comes from inside yourself, and it's a lot easier to get better if you surround yourself with the right people. 

9 minutes ago, Ardy Nites said:

I've struggled with depression and drug addiction for most of my life. I never really cared which drugs I did as long as I didn't have to be sober, and all that culminated in meth addiction ages 15-16, xanax and party drugs in college, and finally heroin. Now I'm 22, fully sober off everything except weed, and as happy as I've ever been.

If you're struggling with addiction, just know that you are bigger than your problems and stronger than the negative influences in your life. The catalyst for change comes from inside yourself, and it's a lot easier to get better if you surround yourself with the right people. 

Hey man, I'm really happy for you. Congratulations on being sober. If you haven't already reached out to 99 gay it would be super nice. I'm sure he'd love to hear from someone who has gone through what he's going through.

image.png.e558918b2015278ac2f5616d25bcf9e3.png

SALT.png.ebca70e837426d9c314473d47368b537.png