Community Intro - WG Stoke

Stokenut

WG Stoke

Tell us about yourself.

Hi, I'm Stokenut. Some of you might remember me from 06-12. I popped my head into the CC a few times a couple of years ago but stopped playing and only recently returned.

In 2010 I broke away from WG and focused on building my YouTube channel, which became moderately successful and opened some doors which allowed me to make an obscene amount of gold. Somewhat short-sightedly, I sold out and got banned.

Following my ban in 2012 for real-world trading, I played poker professionally for around 5 years. As the games got tougher and my win rate began to decline, I accepted that it wouldn't last forever and got a real job. I now work in healthcare, where I met my girlfriend. We recently got a house together and have been living happily ever after.

On OSRS, I made an ironman account in 2015 which I decided to de-iron in 2018. I regretted that, finding that the game wasn't nearly as enjoyable as a normie and stopped playing. I made a new one in 2020 and here we are.

I mostly play at work, as I work nights and am fortunate enough to have a lot of downtime.

Clan history.  

WG Council/Warlord on and off between 2006 and 2012.
DI and TBE for brief periods of time.
I was the events coordinator a PvM clan called Of the Gods and founded a dungeoneering clan called DG Elites in 2010
Between 2010 and 2012 I ran a successful YouTube channel focusing on gambling and high-level content, which came to an end when I was banned in 2012 for real-world trading.

How did you hear about us? Jesusislord6

Do you plan to join? Maybe

Any last comments?  

If any of my old friends stumble upon this, add me in-game. My PM is always on and I'd love to catch up.

Edited by Stokenut

Welcome back my friend. I remember watching your videos back in the day, some with Woox even I think. Not sure if you were the one who made the Nex trio or duo video when it was still new.

Either way, lots of old faces showing up lately so I'm sure you'll have plenty of people to catch up with. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Genesis-Zero.gif.123aabd9acac43c8cb4dbdb97b8fb046.gif

Hey Steve,

Although I didn't get to catch up with you properly, it was fun talking to you and reminsicing about the time we went to Runefest.

I also remember the first IRL meeting you went to and that they called an ambulance for you, although I wasn't there, reading about it on the forums, I felt like I was there! I'm glad to hear you're well now Steve. I hope to catch you on OSRS sometime. Maybe Bandos again? :D

I also remember one bit from another IRL meet video that still makes me chuckle to this day. I think it was when you stayed at some random hut without electricity in the countryside somewhere.

You guys were just waking up and someone said "Turn off that damn light" and you responded with "that light is THE SUN"

LOL still cracks me up today.

Hey man good to see you and huge congrats on everything going on IRL, any plans for marriage soon? 

Also tried to message you in-game but I fear that I may still be on your ignore list after 12 years.. 😨

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...