[GUIDE] The BEST Combat Training Method! [20-min AFK NMZ]

Awesome guide Yasti. NMZ > all. Get that shit to 99 ASAP and the game is a lot more enjoyable imo.

I personally used hard rumble and had a similar experience. 

Smoke.gif

smoke_late.png

grc.gif.452d5c4ae0896f7570b6cec4bd3d3744.gif.7b174a9acbd8ac7f1e0e26ad3fa1037d.gif                                                                            Bfishing.gif.78298943a29add16fdd27002a8dec293.gif

Spoiler

image.png

Imagefavorite_official.gif

best-caller.gif

New_MotM.png

1 hour ago, Genesis said:

Thoughts on enabling Chronozon? Less afk but gives you death runes.

I guess the whole purpose of this method is heavy focus on AFK. You could do this method 12 hours a day for months and never burn out if you use Chrome remote desktop.

If you enable chronozon for free runes it does give free magic which I've seen in some videos, but like you said it removes an AFK aspect which isn't for my lazy self lol. If you did that, may as well use hard mode for extra points and rock cake, which leads you into getting burned out.

pksquad2.png.9a1c1fd55a95fac0c9e66ce13775985f.png

image.png.548bc14529c3f239d5e75ee9d5fbc38f.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So after testing this pretty extensively through the day with varying amounts of AFK/Workload etc. I can say that it definitely does work. I've been using the budget range setup for over 6 hours straight with no issues. It is (at 95 range) roughly break even on points used/gained per hour which is nice. 

Thanks for putting this together, also the google desktop app is by far the BEST remote desktop software I've used for personal things. Quick and easy to install, and very low power consumption on the phone compared to OSRSMobile

Always use hard mode unless you'r max hits are low. Hard mode just has increased hp. The monsters do the same damage, accuracy, and def in both modes last I checked.

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

12 hours ago, Ghost Sabre said:

Always use hard mode unless you'r max hits are low. Hard mode just has increased hp. The monsters do the same damage, accuracy, and def in both modes last I checked.

is this true? it would make a big difference 

really really good guide! i will be trying this out very soon once i can get the gear 

On 6/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, Yasticaki said:

I guess the whole purpose of this method is heavy focus on AFK. You could do this method 12 hours a day for months and never burn out if you use Chrome remote desktop.

If you enable chronozon for free runes it does give free magic which I've seen in some videos, but like you said it removes an AFK aspect which isn't for my lazy self lol. If you did that, may as well use hard mode for extra points and rock cake, which leads you into getting burned out.

I just looked at wiki and the monsters accuracy/damage is multiplied by 2.4x for hard mode. However, this doesn't really matter with absorption.

HOLD UP! WHERE'S THE ROCK CAKE

pksquad2.png

XD2D1Xr.gif

16 hours ago, Ghost Sabre said:

I've always used a mixture of normal mode and hard mode, however for me when training my accounts I never really had the time to click much, and I would usually afk for over 15-20 mins at a time. Hard mode is most definitely better, but generally imo if you're at the computer. It's also hard to consistently click the required re-ovl/rock cake when pking etc etc.

3 hours ago, Tehol said:

is this true? it would make a big difference 

really really good guide! i will be trying this out very soon once i can get the gear 

Yes. In hard mode the defence of NPC's is completely unchanged, which means your weapons will have the same dps on a higher HP pool which means your overall xp/hr will usually increase by about 20% as you won't always 1-hit them. In this method it's recommended you overload, and rock cake to 1hp, and re-ovl every 5 mins. I don't suggest that method as in my opinion it requires SIGNIFICANTLY more attention. However I have used it when playing other ACC's simultaneously at the same time. Not ideal for pking tho imo

21 minutes ago, Ghost Sabre said:

I just looked at wiki and the monsters accuracy/damage is multiplied by 2.4x for hard mode. However, this doesn't really matter with absorption.

HOLD UP! WHERE'S THE ROCK CAKE

Yeah you're right, hard mode is better, but I mean I prolly would still have lvl 80s instead of 99s if I didn't use this method. This is xp I never would have gotten, as it's literally free as I'm going around doing irl outside etc, I used remote desktop on my mobile to click once every 20 mins on the pc.

Imo the rock cake isn't even needed in normal mode, the bosses don't really hit that much. Perhaps at 1hp its most effective, but after the first 8 minutes, there's 0 benefits after. It is obviously a minor improvement but sacrifices another element of AFK which is why I didn't include it. I guess I can add it in as an optional

34 minutes ago, Yasticaki said:

I've always used a mixture of normal mode and hard mode, however for me when training my accounts I never really had the time to click much, and I would usually afk for over 15-20 mins at a time. Hard mode is most definitely better, but generally imo if you're at the computer. It's also hard to consistently click the required re-ovl/rock cake when pking etc etc.

Yes. In hard mode the defence of NPC's is completely unchanged, which means your weapons will have the same dps on a higher HP pool which means your overall xp/hr will usually increase by about 20% as you won't always 1-hit them. In this method it's recommended you overload, and rock cake to 1hp, and re-ovl every 5 mins. I don't suggest that method as in my opinion it requires SIGNIFICANTLY more attention. However I have used it when playing other ACC's simultaneously at the same time. Not ideal for pking tho imo

Yeah you're right, hard mode is better, but I mean I prolly would still have lvl 80s instead of 99s if I didn't use this method. This is xp I never would have gotten, as it's literally free as I'm going around doing irl outside etc, I used remote desktop on my mobile to click once every 20 mins on the pc.

Imo the rock cake isn't even needed in normal mode, the bosses don't really hit that much. Perhaps at 1hp its most effective, but after the first 8 minutes, there's 0 benefits after. It is obviously a minor improvement but sacrifices another element of AFK which is why I didn't include it. I guess I can add it in as an optional

With 1 def i get 12-14 mins fully afk starting at 1 hp. Rock caking to 1 hp at start definitely makes a huge difference conserving the 1k absorb pt shield. And with blowpipe or even msb at higher range lvls, or high str, the low hp of normal mode ruins the xp rate.

What does rock cake sacrifice in ur opinion? Imo its purely a benefit.

pksquad2.png

XD2D1Xr.gif

35 minutes ago, Ghost Sabre said:

With 1 def i get 12-14 mins fully afk starting at 1 hp. Rock caking to 1 hp at start definitely makes a huge difference conserving the 1k absorb pt shield. And with blowpipe or even msb at higher range lvls, or high str, the low hp of normal mode ruins the xp rate.

What does rock cake sacrifice in ur opinion? Imo its purely a benefit.

That's interesting you get 12-14 mins afk on 1 Def pure, might try that out on training my pure. Is this on hard mode, using overloads? If so that's surprisingly really good. Only thing of concern I see is that you may get heavily drained of absorptions on a 1 Def pure if you aren't rock caking more often, then you may not make 1k nmz points per absorption dose (break even point). On higher defence I did get hit a lot when afking above 10 mins due to hp regen which made hard mode afk not worth.

And yeh, normal mode is lower xp, but I still don't consider it ruined xp lol, just 20% lower. Whenever I could do hard mode I would choose it, but I never had the time.

Rock cake tbh doesn't sacrifice much tbh, but I think it also doesn't give much either. The cons are a meagre few extra clicks when u re-pot once every 20 mins. However the gains are also only a minor amount of extra nmz points saved. You can generally get a 6h logout timer on most of the above methods on decent defence like in the pictures without using rock cake at all

The 12-14 min is on hard with super ranging at 90+ range with blowpipe. On average with lower stats its still 8 - 10 min. With a main with 80+ def its typically 18-20 mins.

You all ready have to reclick ur absorbs, clicking the rock cake in bottom of inventory when u recheck the account is only a few seconds of time (with one mouse button mode when using chrome remote desktop you can spam click it).

The worst part about normal mode is getting logged out because you killed all of the spawns and you're no longer in combat, which leads to the 5 min logout timer.

Also since you gain more nmz points per kill on hard mode, when meleeing (and not spending on ammo/runes) you're gaining significantly more GP profit per session when redeeming the herb boxes over time.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, Yasticaki said:

the xp for the free runes got nerfed early in the game. It hasnt given xp for a few years.

pksquad2.png

XD2D1Xr.gif

14 minutes ago, Ghost Sabre said:

The 12-14 min is on hard with super ranging at 90+ range with blowpipe. On average with lower stats its still 8 - 10 min. With a main with 80+ def its typically 18-20 mins.

You all ready have to reclick ur absorbs, clicking the rock cake in bottom of inventory when u recheck the account is only a few seconds of time (with one mouse button mode when using chrome remote desktop you can spam click it).

The worst part about normal mode is getting logged out because you killed all of the spawns and you're no longer in combat, which leads to the 5 min logout timer.

Also since you gain more nmz points per kill on hard mode, when meleeing (and not spending on ammo/runes) you're gaining significantly more GP profit per session when redeeming the herb boxes over time.

the xp for the free runes got nerfed early in the game. It hasnt given xp for a few years.

I see. That's some interesting afk numbers, never managed to achieve myself tbh. Could you send your loadout? In general my absorptions get completely drained at those afk times on hard, and I don't even make break even, but I believe I was using overload. Any chance you could send me the gear loadout you would use for those times, both on a pure and a 60+ def main?

Also you never ever get logged out on a normal mode AFAIK. I've tried it on max melee set with 99 att/str and with blowpipe 98 range, and never been logged out. The trick is standing on the exact square I put in the screenshot above. Maybe I just got lucky, but been fine over 4 accounts 99 str/range.

The part about additional NMZ points/profits is an undeniably enormous advantage of hard mode tbh, but for me it just depends if I am able to even get the time to do it, in which case I'd choose to do it

Edited by Yasticaki

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You can do either or. Recently I've been downing them all to their maximum allowable (1000 absorption) but you generally can get away with ensuring you have the minimum of 400. Then every 20 minutes top up to 400 absorption. If you have 60+ Def and gear setups in this guide, then you should be good with that much.

The only reason having lower absorption is worth it is to minimise loss in case your internet DC's and you lose it all

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Konodio333 said:

Do you need to use any specific launcher for this to work?

Like runelite ,etc?

Also how do you prevent the account from being logged out after a period of time?

No, any launcher is fine for this, even the actual OSRS launcher. 

Your character is in continuous combat so you won't be logged out unless you stop auto retaliating for 20 minutes OR you reach the 6 hour auto-logout point. To avoid the auto retal limit you simply need to click something once every 20 minutes.. Most people will come back or use remote desktop every 20 minutes to top up their potions (e.g. drink an overload potion or super ranging potion and top up their absorption pots if needbe).

If you reach the 6 hour point then it will automatically log you out and there's nothing you can do about it. You can log straight back in and set up another one to go straight away though. 

Honestly this is a god send, I work 0830-1730 and do this for the whole time. I go downstairs and chill with the missus and carry on... I sometimes get 16+ hours a day LOL!

image.png.f4973e0a8d2e2ea735bd37b719f38639.png

Simmons_most_improved_pvp.gif

Simmons3.gif

So the key to be in continuous combat is to stand at the exact spot that was shown in the picture from the guide?

Like the monsters will converge to that spot?

Also will this continuous combat thingie work for mobile too?

Edited by Konodio333

31 minutes ago, Konodio333 said:

So the key to be in continuous combat is to stand at the exact spot that was shown in the picture from the guide?

Like the monsters will converge to that spot?

Also will this continuous combat thingie work for mobile too?

Yeah. I mean you can probably stand in other squares I assume and it would probably be fine but this square I assume is the most efficient place to stand.

Err in theory yes but I doubt you want to have the app open for 6 hours at a time. I don't know about you but on my iphone if I have the app closed for more than 5 minutes it logs me out so not recommended.

I do recommend though having this up on your computer and using Chrome Remote Desktop which Yasti mentioned in his original post - I use this of an evening. I leave my computer on upstairs and then just login to my computer from my mobile while watching tv, tap a potion once every 20 minutes:)!

image.png.f4973e0a8d2e2ea735bd37b719f38639.png

Simmons_most_improved_pvp.gif

Simmons3.gif