[GUIDE] The BEST Combat Training Method! [20-min AFK NMZ]

1 hour ago, Sir Simmons1 said:

Yeah. I mean you can probably stand in other squares I assume and it would probably be fine but this square I assume is the most efficient place to stand.

Err in theory yes but I doubt you want to have the app open for 6 hours at a time. I don't know about you but on my iphone if I have the app closed for more than 5 minutes it logs me out so not recommended.

I do recommend though having this up on your computer and using Chrome Remote Desktop which Yasti mentioned in his original post - I use this of an evening. I leave my computer on upstairs and then just login to my computer from my mobile while watching tv, tap a potion once every 20 minutes:)!

Awesome, i gonna try this tmr morning, thanks for clarifying how this method works :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 2:20 PM, Sir Simmons1 said:

Yeah. I mean you can probably stand in other squares I assume and it would probably be fine but this square I assume is the most efficient place to stand.

Err in theory yes but I doubt you want to have the app open for 6 hours at a time. I don't know about you but on my iphone if I have the app closed for more than 5 minutes it logs me out so not recommended.

I do recommend though having this up on your computer and using Chrome Remote Desktop which Yasti mentioned in his original post - I use this of an evening. I leave my computer on upstairs and then just login to my computer from my mobile while watching tv, tap a potion once every 20 minutes:)!

This man knows exactly how to do this perfectly! Hell yes!

pksquad2.png.9a1c1fd55a95fac0c9e66ce13775985f.png

image.png.548bc14529c3f239d5e75ee9d5fbc38f.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, Yasticaki said:

lso you never ever get logged out on a normal mode AFAIK. I've tried it on max melee set with 99 att/str and with blowpipe 98 range, and never been logged out. The trick is standing on the exact square I put in the screenshot above. Maybe I just got lucky, but been fine over 4 accounts 99 str/range.

I’ve been standing in the exact spot as you highlighted above, and recently keep finding my account to be logged out before the 15 minute mark for when I go to re-pot. Even tried checking every 10 minutes with occasionally having the same problem. 
Haven’t been able to figure out the cause. Doesn’t appear to be a disconnect issue either.

Has NMZ been nerfed recently?

Any ideas?

9 hours ago, BrandoMan said:

I’ve been standing in the exact spot as you highlighted above, and recently keep finding my account to be logged out before the 15 minute mark for when I go to re-pot. Even tried checking every 10 minutes with occasionally having the same problem. 
Haven’t been able to figure out the cause. Doesn’t appear to be a disconnect issue either.

Any ideas?

Strange, NMZ hasn’t been nerfed so far as I know. Couple questions:

- Are you using the rumble option? 
- Are you on hard or normal mode? 
- Are you using absorption potions or prayer potions? What hp do you sit at? 
- What enemies do you face in NMZ?

- Are you doing it on mobile and if so, what OS is it?  

Short of answering those I’d just recommend watching it for 15 minutes to see why you die so soon. 

I have a feeling you may say you’re doing it on your phone and you have an iPhone. Using the osrs app doesn’t work for this as iPhone will automatically log you out unless you are actively on the app after something really small like 2 mins. If you have android there is an option like “apps in the background” which keeps it running for quite a while longer. 

Edited by Sir Simmons1

image.png.f4973e0a8d2e2ea735bd37b719f38639.png

Simmons_most_improved_pvp.gif

Simmons3.gif

On 8/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, BrandoMan said:

Any ideas?

Ye something definitely is not correct. Could you pm on the WG Discord and I can go through it all with you on discord voice? If you streamed yourself I could double check everything for you to make sure it's all 100% smooth?

pksquad2.png.9a1c1fd55a95fac0c9e66ce13775985f.png

image.png.548bc14529c3f239d5e75ee9d5fbc38f.png

• 1 year later...

I can confirm that this method works for both ranged and melee. I went from 87 combat to 95 combat in a few days due to Google Remote Desktop. I would highly recommend this guide for anyone like me in their 30s that doesn’t have time to dedicate fully to the grind. Next stop, 99 str. 

Also thank you to @Simbalalala for teaching me this method and loaning me a blow pipe, anguish, scales, and ammo. Huge help for my first ever 80 on my account. 

• 2 weeks later...

Posting an update on my AFK mage sessions. 

Results from one 6 hour nerd log:

262.7k exp | 43k an hour ish

~7200 Chaos runes used = 558,870 gp | 93k gp an hour

Setup:

IMG_9857.png?width=703&height=609

Notes:

I had about 200 absorption points leftover at the time of nerd log. Defense is only 75 right now but I could potentially swap for a mage book. Going to do a few more sessions and see how things go. I might just put in one more sessions and wait until I finish MM2 reqs and get the final levels that way. NMZ str training is much cheaper and helps with combat levels more. 

3 hours ago, CatHoot said:

Posting an update on my AFK mage sessions. 

Results from one 6 hour nerd log:

262.7k exp | 43k an hour ish

~7200 Chaos runes used = 558,870 gp | 93k gp an hour

Setup:

IMG_9857.png?width=703&height=609

Notes:

I had about 200 absorption points leftover at the time of nerd log. Defense is only 75 right now but I could potentially swap for a mage book. Going to do a few more sessions and see how things go. I might just put in one more sessions and wait until I finish MM2 reqs and get the final levels that way. NMZ str training is much cheaper and helps with combat levels more. 

you should definitely bring an occult necklace, an ma2 cape and if you can afford it one of the god staffs. Occult is +10% damage, ma2 +2% and god staff +15%. You will need to bring huge stacks of fire/air tubes but obviously they’re dirt cheap anyway. 

image.png.f4973e0a8d2e2ea735bd37b719f38639.png

Simmons_most_improved_pvp.gif

Simmons3.gif

1 hour ago, Simbalalala said:

you should definitely bring an occult necklace, an ma2 cape and if you can afford it one of the god staffs. Occult is +10% damage, ma2 +2% and god staff +15%. You will need to bring huge stacks of fire/air tubes but obviously they’re dirt cheap anyway. 

I'll try that next. Do you mean the ma1 god staff?

• 2 months later...

Important thing to note here is that NMZ has super mage potions which boost magic hella hard so you can use fire surge very early on with boosts. Fire surge is the most cost efficient form of magic training in there.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:31 AM, Yasticaki said:

Alright so time to time, I get asked on how I trained all my accounts up, and I've been making this guide to explain it easy to people. There are other methods out there mentioned, but let me just say, the true beauty of this method is it's simplicity and hardcore AFKness.

So, I'm a lazy grinder. I like achieving the grindier goals with the most minimal amount of effort possible. This is why NMZ was a godsend for me and many others, and I believe it can be for a huge number of people in this clan. As long as you're not lvl 99 in combat stats, then chances are that you can benefit from this.

Testimonials:

"Honestly tried this for the first time after thinking "it can't be that good" but it fucking is"

- WG Craewyr, Honoured Guardian, Master Guardian

I want to keep this guide as simple as possible. The pictures, essentially, should explain mostly everything.

Who is this for?

- Anyone with a busy schedule and can't afford RS the attention for other training methods.

- Where the overload and rock cake/locator orb semi-AFK Hard Mode method won't quite cut it and you want true AFK that won't burn you out even if you do it for a month straight.

- You can go to the gym, go to grocery shopping, Netflix/PS4 and much more and utilise Chrome Desktop to click on pots on your PC at home once every 20 mins. Extremely Simple.

Stat Requirements
Melee Method: 60 Attack, 60 Strength, 60 Defence

Range Method: 60 Range, 60 Defence

Magic Method: 59 Magic(quest req), 60 Defence

Quest Requirements:

The Ascent of Arceuus
The Depths of Despair
Mountain Daughter

Vampyre Slayer
What Lies Below

Magic Method Requirement: Family Crest for Chaos Gauntlets

Instructions:

1. Pick one of the gear loadouts below.
2. Start Customisable Normal Rumble (22K per game)
3. Enable ONLY these 5 bosses, NO OTHERS:

606994334_NMZQuests.png.8ceaad985338072babd3942cad7bc319.png

4. Go to this exact square and have auto retaliate on:

2020-06-22_16-49-37.png.12337cf16f926a2397b33bd537d3e234.png

5. Refresh combat pots/absorption once every 15-20 mins. (Note: You can refresh after 20 mins and you will not die, however auto retaliate simply disables after 20 minutes so you will not get XP after that.)

6. For the ULTIMATE AFK Experience and to unleash the true potential of this method, use Google Remote Desktop to refresh every 20 mins via your mobile phone:
https://remotedesktop.google.com/?pli=1

Now, here are the example setups for each type of combat style you want to train:

Melee Setups:

2020-06-22_17-25-41.png.ab366d40d76bed72e7892515e86733d5.png

- Feel free to upgrade anything you want.

2020-06-22_17-27-17.png.5240ba258830097c0ae8f0b283470426.png

- Generally the best cost efficient setup here. Max melee rapier is better, but out of pocket for most people.

- Expect around 80K xp/hr

2020-06-22_17-47-49.png.680d4d6c98d700fe630864ccd279ed07.png

- This setup is for absolute brand new accounts or if you can't afford Obby.

- Upgrade whatever you like above.

- Expect around 45k-50K xp/hr at base 60s

Recommended stat training routine starting from 60 att, 60 str, 60 def:

- 60/75/60, then 75/75/75, then 75/99/75, then 99/99/75, then 99/99/99.

Ranged Setups:

2020-06-22_17-31-53.png.f1b8555573bbad91e14232b698c3a8ca.png

- Base setup. Will require probably around 100K Rune Arrows for 70-99 Range.

- The D boots and D med are particularly important here to provide defence so you break even on NMZ points used on absorption pots.

2020-06-22_17-36-16.png.8af8c521e1591b605325c1bd61b692b9.png

- Upgraded Setup, can use arma if you want to as well.

- Can swap tank helm to a range helm if 90+ defence.

- Can Swap Dhide, nezzy and gloves for Full Void as seen in other guides, however I prefer this.

- Around 60K xp/hr

Mage Setups:

2020-06-22_17-41-03.png.24ad0e5e75e48cbc2548b0fce675c9f1.png

- Gloves are Chaos Gauntlets, raises max hit of Fire Bolt to 15?

- The key point here is to be as tanky as possible without Magic Atk Bonus falling into negative. Barrows = gp waste.

- These XP Rates are FIXED at approx 42K xp/hr

- If you have some cash to use, then use better fire spells(blast/wave/surge) and swap chaos gauntlets for tormented bracelet.

2020-06-22_17-22-41.png.73b14ccd25b382ae209c6966ac90a585.png

- At 75 Magic you can now use Occult Necklace. Fixed XP Rate of 45K xp/hr

- Can swap malediction ward for mage's book if 90+ defence.

- Will require probably 300K Chaos Runes for 60-99 Magic.

Credits to Spellsey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0huAx4pGSk&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3pmWYDZnvI&t=450s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b27yBAurx4

Feel free to post or PM me on Discord if you have any questions!

This guide is hax bro XD AFK Farm for dayyyyyys fam! ty ty ty

• 1 month later...

Did this for 99 str and att, absolutely amazing. You catch some flack from some people for camping nmz to get your stats, but gp > pride honestly. I just say "I absolutely did camp nmz" haha, don't be ashamed. Embrace it. Now I can enjoy the game without having had to waste countless hours of my life while busy in college. Great guide. I do have a question though. If xp rates are capped for mage, then why would you spend the extra gp on higher level spells? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, Mister Zax said:

Did this for 99 str and att, absolutely amazing. You catch some flack from some people for camping nmz to get your stats, but gp > pride honestly. I just say "I absolutely did camp nmz" haha, don't be ashamed. Embrace it. Now I can enjoy the game without having had to waste countless hours of my life while busy in college. Great guide. I do have a question though. If xp rates are capped for mage, then why would you spend the extra gp on higher level spells? Thanks.

I think he meant the xp rates are capped for that mage setup only. I am using a more expensive mage setup (charged sotd + tome, occult, tormented bracer with overload refresh) and I am getting around 85k+ per hour with fire wave.

• 2 months later...