Genesis' Inferno Cape

Genesis

EDIT: Will include all attempts' waves at the top over here. More detail on each attempt in its individual comment throughout the topic.

Attempt 1 - Wave 55

Attempt 2 - Wave 63

Attempt 3 - Wave 61

Attempt 4 - Wave 68

Attempt 5 - Wave 65

Attempt 6 - Wave 68

Attempt 7 - Wave 59

Client crashed/closed on me mid wave and kicked me out so won't count 1 attempt here

Attempt 8 - Wave 69 (Zuk)

Attempt 9 - Wave 61

Attempt 10 - Wave 69 (Zuk)

Attempt 11 - Wave 69 (Zuk)

Attempt 12 - Wave 68

Attempt 13 - Got it :)

So I finally started my inferno attempts and I'd like to document every step of the way until I get my cape. I will include pictures and details of what I used, how I died, and what wave I died on.

To boot, this is my starting setup (an extra brew over the tokkul - which was just me going in to mark the tiles then leaving so I won't count it as an attempt) :

1925961255_InfernoSetup.PNG.dcc37b82e00b698eaf1a5beb61a93804.PNG

ATTEMPT 1 - Wave 55: I went much further than anticipated. Got all the way to wave 55 using rune darts and missing a brew as I didn't expect to get that far. Surprisingly, I didn't have much of an issue prayer flicking stuff. My main issues were a) letting all pillars except the north one fall, b) panicing with certain spawns where I had mobs come at me from 3 different directions, and worst of all c) not being able to trap the melee properly at times as I currently only know 1 spot to trap it. I'm hoping to fix all of these issues on my next run which will likely be later tonight. As for whoever is reading this and wants to attempt the inferno, it's WAY EASIER THAN YOU THINK. Don't be scared to give it a shot, even in welfare gear. Here's my first attempt's ending pic:

2020-07-04_16-15-24.thumb.png.7c71702cbb5a6981557ecf4d1c58ca23.png

ATTEMPT 2 - Wave 63: Got much further this time around. Big thanks to my boy Jared for lending me the tbow. Helped me a lot in a couple of sticky situations. I've sort of managed to figure out luring the melee now, and I don't have much of a problem otherwise. I failed to protect the south pillar which ultimately screwed me over. Couldn't figure out how to fix this spawn on time. Pic below.

2020-07-04_22-35-28.thumb.png.23fcc791b4ae9881f17e0c827036ef42.png

Edited by Genesis

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Genesis-Zero.gif.123aabd9acac43c8cb4dbdb97b8fb046.gif

Edited in attempt 2. In hindsight, maybe I should have ignored the melee, ran south of the northern pillar between the 2 blobs and mage then prayer flicked. Could have rotated back and forth between the south/east side everytime melee ported in.

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Couldn't edit the pic into the original comment as I have exceeded the available space. Soooo, here's the summary of attempt 3.

ATTEMPT 3 - Wave 61: I managed to save the southern pillar which helped me a lot in a couple of the waves, but still not as smooth as the other 2 overall. However, I can now confidently say that I can get to wave 60+ quite consistently. It's just a matter of perfecting everything at this point. I seem to still have a bit of trouble with the melee lizards. Not bad for a day's work! Motivaton is high :) 

2020-07-05_00-51-50.thumb.png.c92e400f6dd06d49ac344e5fbcd29329.png

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Not sure if you're already aware but the 2 corners (marked X) work as safespots also, so you can then just flick melee + 1 other mob rather than all 3.

Stand on SE corner will safespot eastern side and vice versa.

36c2a5a866.jpg

Another thing you could do is run towards eastern pillar (blocking the ranger), freezing the melee as you run then take him down. 

Easy to say in hindsight but anyway hopefully it offers you some ideas for next time

Very solid first few attempts!

Edited by Zemus

40 minutes ago, Zemus said:

Not sure if you're already aware but the 2 corners (marked X) work as safespots also, so you can then just flick melee + 1 other mob rather than all 3.

Stand on SE corner will safespot eastern side and vice versa.

36c2a5a866.jpg

Another thing you could do is run towards eastern pillar (blocking the ranger), freezing the melee as you run then take him down. 

Easy to say in hindsight but anyway hopefully it offers you some ideas for next time

Very solid first few attempts!

I actually didn't know that. I figured if I walked to those squares I'd get meleed by the ranger or the mage. If you mean western pillar, I think it was down at this point. I'm switching up my setup a bit and bringing ancestral bottoms too for the mage bonus as I seem to splash/not get kills on the nibblers way too often.

Thanks for the advice, I'll defo keep it in mind :)

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

4 minutes ago, Genesis said:

I actually didn't know that. I figured if I walked to those squares I'd get meleed by the ranger or the mage. If you mean western pillar, I think it was down at this point. I'm switching up my setup a bit and bringing ancestral bottoms too for the mage bonus as I seem to splash/not get kills on the nibblers way too often.

Thanks for the advice, I'll defo keep it in mind :)

Ya i meant western my bad, but also no need for it to be alive - Just run towards it so only mage is hitting you and freeze the melee as you're running over

So, day 2.

ATTEMPT 4 - WAVE 68: I picked up a pair of ancestral bottoms, and I gave the tbow back so I went ahead with an ACB. The home stretch boys. I almost had it. No excuses. I had a decent amount of supplies, and I was confident going in. I choked. That's all I can say. I had the healers trapped for the 1st jad, and all I had to do was prayer switch...aaaaand I fucked up. Nevertheless, this is the furthest I've gotten in my attempts. I successfully managed to eradicate all the previous errors I've had. Lost a few brews on bad spawns, a few slow decisions, and some missed prayer flicks, but it was still fine. Note to self for next time: T Bow is insanely better than ACB. Would have probably gotten me through as the jad kills took way too long. Death pic below:

2020-07-05_22-23-14.thumb.png.dca59c83c92da5a0a5fb0aa738614508.png

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Day 3.

ATTEMPT 5 - Wave 65: Decided to stream it over on Twitch today and probably will do the same for all future attempts. Unfortunately, I didn't get the cape. On one of the waves, I had to bolt it to the south pillar and did not notice nibblers on my north pillar until it was too late (10 hp or so on it). This ended up biting me in the ass when it went down in the FINAL wave in which I needed it, wave 65 where there were 2 rangers and the mage. I unfortunately couldn't tank them and died. Consistently getting to wave 60+ though which is good. Each run costing me about 2m in supplies.

2020-07-06_23-37-03.thumb.png.103007e0a62f048c0310fb3c4cf46cd3.png

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Day 4.

Attempt 6 - Wave 68: Got to triple jads again, but I missed a prayer switch and died. I should have brewed over my max hp to give me some leeway in case I fuck up. Nothing more to add to this one, was an ok run overall. Bonus clip of my tick eat not going through due to my 200 ping ;) 

https://clips.twitch.tv/SarcasticIronicToadDancingBaby

2020-07-07_22-35-47.thumb.png.d24c1772c8a123a2c7052ac73400550d.png

Edited by Genesis

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

ATTEMPT 10 - Wave 69: Got it down to 1 healer and died as I ran out of brews again. I waited for 2 extra waves of range/mage, admittedtly. Time feels like it goes by much faster than it actually does. T Bow making jads easy af. Cape in the next few days hopefully.

2020-07-09_23-48-53.thumb.png.10b0cd7e6168d0a77593844df998f6f9.png

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png