Building a Pure - All You Need

To start off, please read the entire guide before committing to the build to make sure you do not make mistakes which may ruin your account. This guide is NOT achievement focused, meaning I will not be including everything you CAN do on your account, just what you NEED to do and what I suggest you do to have a PK build. As such, you will be locked out of certain achievements such as diary tasks by the end of the guide. If you wish to have an achievement focused/fully completionist maxed pure, I suggest doing your own research.

Next, I feel it is important to mention that I did not make this quest order list entirely on my own. I found the list years ago on Reddit so I unfortunately do not know the creator's name. However, I have added a bunch of extra quests at the bottom of the list on my accord depending on the type of build you'd like to go for. Also, big shoutouts to @Hatred Sabre, @Corbula, and @Mojo for helping out with various things in the guide.

If you want to go for a 60 attack, 52 prayer pure which I recommend, do all the optional quests mentioned except the Elf Quest Line as soon as possible and BEFORE 60 attack/52 prayer to give yourself enough XP leeway. The easiest time to do this would be after doing all the main quests for Desert Treasure/Mith Gloves/Ava's so you have some decent base stats. However, you may choose to weave the quests into the optimal quest order to minimize training.

Useful links before you start your journey:

- Combat level calculator: https://oldschool.tools/calculators/combat-level

- Optimal Quest Order Guide: https://tinyurl.com/y4urgflv

Step 1 - The basics:
This guide assumes you are a member. Once you are done with tutorial island, have your main account ready to give your new pure some basics such as essential teleports (plenty of rings of wealths/glories), lots of stamina potions, and a nice big chunk of cash. About 10M should last you a VERY long time, but I recommend a minimum of 4-5M until at least the quests are done.

Tele to the GE, buy a cannon, some cannonballs, like 200 dragon bones, and a burning amulet. Equip a ring of wealth and your burning amulet, grab like 150 dragon bones, a stamina potion, and some gp. Tele up to the lava maze, head straight for the chaos altar and get that 43 prayer out the way. 44/45 prayer helps as well for offensive prayers if you want to bring some extra bones.

Next, tele out, grab a varrock teleport tablet and some GP, tele to varrock, head northeast close to the museum and buy yourself a house. Now you can use a lot of useful teleports in W330 in other people's POH.

Grab your staminas, get a skills necklace, and any other reqs for the Dwarf Cannon Quest. Finish it off.

Tele to the bank, grab your cannon and a lot of cannonballs. Your goal is to get 40 or, even better, 50 range. There are lots of spots you can do this at, but this is where I did mine on Zeah: THIS SPOT HAS BEEN CHANGED/REMOVED WITH THE NEW QUEST "A Kingdom Divided" AND THE SHAYZIEN REWORK.

Once you get your 40 or 50 range, quickly finish off waterfall quest for 30 attack as a prereq to wielding a battlestaff. You should have no issues as you're 43 prayer.

Head to the GE, grab a few house teleports, some staminas, an elemental staff, the 4 colored beads, a necklace of passage, a smoke battlestaff, some elemental runes to get you to 30 magic, and mind/chaos runes depending on how much money you want to spend. Finish off imp catcher real quick for 8 magic (optional), then head to port sarim and begin your splashing journey to at least 59 magic. At this point, you can train your magic up to whatever level you want. 82-85 for baby pures, 94-95 for mid level pures, 99 for maxed pures.

OPTIONAL FUN: If you've splashed all the way to 59 magic, you should still have 10 HP. You can use this opportunity to have some fun by grabbing a tome of fire, fire blast runes, and whatever cheap magic attack bonus gear you can. Maybe snare sacks too. Grab a games necklace, tele up to corp cave, and run north to the black chin area. You can 1 shot some low level black chin hunters. Make sure you don't forget protect item. You may choose to do this at 71 magic as well with divine magic potions into fire wave (with at least 11 HP). Beware of pkers!

Step 2 - Questing:
With your current 43 prayer and 59 magic, you can now easily complete all the required quests for DT/Mith Gloves/Ava's.

Be careful to not complete Monkey Madness if you want to burst/chin at skeletal monkeys. I REPEAT. DO NOT FINISH MONKEY MADNESS 1 IF YOU WANT TO BURST/CHIN THERE. YOU WILL GET DEFENSE XP IF YOU DO THE TRAINING AFTER THE QUEST IS DONE. There are cheaper alternatives to this but if it's your thing, keep an eye out. It's the best xp/hr you'll get from chinning/bursting, and it is not possible to access after quest completion. Your main alternative to this is temple spiders, but I personally recommend splashing magic and doing NMZ for range to minimize hp lvl gain.

That's all step 2 is, questing!

Step 3 - Optional Quests:
At this point, you should have decent base stats, and you should be able to complete some optional quests depending on the path you want to follow on your pure. You may choose to weave the quests into the optimal path as you get the reqs. Do NO further training until you're sure of what you want. If you want to limit yourself to 50 or 60 (recommended) attack, make sure you do all the quests that you can for attack xp before training attack.

I would highly recommend doing the NMZ quests listed regardless of the situation.

If you want to limit yourself to 52 prayer, do the anchor quest line, the extra prayer quests mentioned, and the ancient mace quest line. This will also get you the ancient mace for future macing if needed in addition to the Barrelchest Anchor which is a great combo with the granite maul and the hardest hitting melee weapon you'll get at 60 attack.

Step 4 - The End of Your Journey:
Congratulations! Your account is now fully quested and you are on the final stretch. All you need to do now is afk and train your account. There are various guides you can follow at this point, but I will suggest a few things.

Magic:

Splash splash splash. You want to keep your hp level as low as possible unless you want to max your pure. This will give you a very big combat level advantage in fights and allow you to attack lower levels.

Alching is also an option if you don't mind clicking much. I did a lot of alching during quests, while training some skills like agility, and between castle wars games if I missed one.

You can also burst at temple spiders or skeletal monkeys depending on what you feel like and whether or not you completed Monkey Madness 1. The only req is ice burst (you can boost with imbued heart/divine magic potions). Here's a guide on how to kill them.

Range:
I suggest cannoning to 50 range at which point you can head off to NMZ with an imbued magic shortbow and rune arrows. Do this method until whatever range you feel like. If going for a baby pure, 82-83 range is good. Otherwise aim for 90+ (try to keep it around the same lvl as your magic).

If you don't want to do NMZ, you can also train on the sand crabs at the depths of despair dungeon using Runelite's NPC Aggression Timer. This is less afk but slightly more xp/hr. If you have a regen brace, you should be fine if you only tank a couple of crabs. Otherwise, you'll probably need some food.

If you have money to spend and don't want to afk, you can chin at either temple spiders or skeletal monkeys, similar to what was mentioned in the mage section regarding bursting.

Melee:
Grab a brine sabre, a granite hammer, and a d scim. You will want to use your brine sabre to first train your strength to 50, then attack to 50. At this point you will swap to a granite hammer and train attack to 60 at which point you will swap to a dragon scimitar. Now it's just strength training all the way. If you want to stay as a baby pure, you probably won't be training past 60 attack/strength in order to avoid extra combat levels. You could however stay at 50 attack and get your strength to the 70s to allow you to G Maul.

You have a couple of training options. I personally trained to 60/60 at sand crabs in the Depths of Despair dungeon. At this point I moved to NMZ. You can just do NMZ straight up if you wish, but I recommend at least 50/50 first.

Other optional stuff:

You can do LMS or castle wars for a halo as that is best in slot for pures. LMS is also great practice for NH tribridding which is what you will mainly be doing on the pure.

You can do castle wars for the decorative top (ranged/mage) as that is best in slot for pures.

At some point, you will want to do Mage Arena I and II for the god capes/spells.

Fire cape is easy to get starting 75 range with a blowpipe but you can wait until you're much higher range to make it even easier. You should train your ranged before melee for this reason.

Curse of the Empty Lord Miniquest for Ghostly pieces. Very good/free pk gear.

65 Construction or 62+Eyes of Glouphrie to boost to 70 for POH pool.

P.S: Editing will come soon to make it all look nicer.

Edited by Genesis

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Genesis-Zero.gif.123aabd9acac43c8cb4dbdb97b8fb046.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...