[Accepted] Ol Phantasm

La Yinn

Please join our Discord server and read the #joining_wg channel to see the final step in the process.

Ol Phantasm

What is your current RS name? Ol Phantasm

List any previous RS namesLa Yinn has been my runescape name since classic but when I gave osrs a go I decided on making the sort of account I never played back in the day which is a 1 def members pker. It's still as fun as it was when I started the account, but its very limiting in terms of what I can do in the game so I've made a 'main' which I intend to use for clan events.

What is your total level and combat level?

I'm 1077 total and 91 combat on my main (Ol Phantasm), 1233 total and 74 combat on my 1 defence pure (La Yinn). Currently playing on my pure and nightmare zoning on my main to get it up to speed.

2020-09-06_23-34-22.png

Tell us about your RuneScape account and history.

As stated above, I've played Runescape (on and off) since classic, starting off as a 10year old rpg newbie who heard about the game from a friend I played videogames with. Best way to describe that part of my RS history would be to tell you about what I remember about it back then. And that would be purposefully dying to the guards in varrock after smithing iron short swords. Thats because I couldn't remember how the hell to get back to rimmington to mine ore again.. but I did remember the route to the mine from lumbridge, so that was what I did. I do miss the feeling of getting lost in a seemingly infinite world with so many people - most just as lost as you were. Dont miss the damn sleeping bag/fatigue mechanic though.

If that's not the most nostalgic thing you've read this week... well, you probably weren't playing back then!

Tell us about your clan history.

The Sabre Clan 2005(6?) - 2011.
I found out about it through Sabre Iron who was developing this game he was advertising on Rune Village, which was back then still just a runescape fan site and the first I came across. I ended up testplaying a bit of that game for him and got to talking about runescape clans; he invited me to check out the Sabres and shortly after I joined up. Never looked back, best gaming community experience I've had in my life. Seriously great group of people. Technically left the clan due to me losing interest in the game around 2009, but hung around in the clan IRC for so much longer than that. Couldn't care less about RS during those years but just goes to show that a clan is built on a lot more than combat levels and virtual gold coins, hehe. However life took over and eventually I ended up losing contant with many of them, just drifting further away from the game. I know some still play, i'm still in touch with a couple outside of the game aswell and others I haven't spoken to in what must be a decade by now. Held the Event manager rank at some point before retiring from actively playing runescape.

Tell us about your yourself.

As nostalgic as I can get about runescape (and I do seriously love the game for what it is), caring about status, or virtual wealth or any of those things is kind of behind me. I'm not fiending for the next 99, or the need to prove myself. Nowadays I'm very no fuss, no drama about it all.

As for who's behind the screen, the average 27 year old who couldn't let go of the gaming habit, haha. Very much a music guy, produced a bunch of drum and bass, love going to small clubs where some no-name DJ manages to deliver some great vibes for the 60 people who actually knew there was a party going on in the first place. Studied biotech but dropped out due to a bunch of real life drama at the time, now I'm hopping between jobs saving up enough money to go finish my degree. Love the outdoors, love friendly people, love engaging in pseudo-philosophy with resident potheads. (Giving you the warning up front).

How did you hear about us?  Technically been a clan ally for the last 14 years.. though not in any active way. I'm like that mysterious stranger from Fallout who randomly shows up to onehit your targets once every blue moon. Except I'm way cooler than him. And I bring d knives.

What makes you want to join us? Because Runescape isn't the same as Runescape with company and when it comes to company I prefer genuine people rather than random clan chat teams and whatever. I remember the Sabres so fondly because it was the sort of clan where scummy shit just never really happened and I feel like with so many overlapping traditions (and members, over the years), WG seems like the go-to choice as a clan that resembles that kind of atmosphere. I was allowed to join up with a few pking events the last week or two and had a blast so I'm pretty optimistic about finding what I'm looking for here.

Do you agree to the rules and requirements of WG and understand that this is an honour clanYes

Come clean about anything that may deter us from accepting you: Yeah, that murder mystery quest you did a million years ago? You had it wrong. T'was not the maid, nor the gardnah who did lord Sinclair in. T'was I. Entangled him in his sleep and the coppers were none the wiser.

But I'm a reformed man now, I swear! I stick to entangling free real estate *inside* the wildy these days, hehe.

Congratulations, you have been accepted into our community!

You are now an Initiate Guardian and have 3 weeks to attend 3 events, reply to at least 10 posts and graduate.

Here are some useful links:

• Graduations - you have 3 weeks to post your graduation form.
  • Unread content - gives you the latest posts. Keeps you up to date.
  • Important Announcements - check frequently for major updates.
  • Calendar - all events are here, listed in your own time zone. You can even host your own.
  • Discord - keep notifications on for #osrs_announcements and #graduation. We'll never spam you.
  • Recruitment Tips - help expand our clan
  • New to PvM or PvP? Check out the #pvm-help and #pvp-help channels on Discord.

Important: as our clan chat is public, please do not talk about PvP events in WG_CC. Use Discord.

Let me know when you've read this.

I and the staff are happy to answer any further questions.

Welcome to our clan!

P.S. Got two minutes spare? Take this optional survey to help us with our recruitment process.

P.P.S. Are you a Discord Nitro subscriber or have a lot of IRL money? 🤑 Consider giving us your Nitro Server Boost. See #nitro-boost on Discord for info.

d6ff616429d6c4f0124d7af6ecabe584-png.jpg                                             neigh.png