[Accepted] Why Try Guy

Why Try Guy

Please join our Discord server and read the #joining_wg channel to see the final step in the process.

Why Try Guy

What is your current RS name? Why Try Guy

List any previous RS namesI have a pure, "wildyiskewl" and an alt "Soggy Dyle"

What is your total level and combat level?

2277 and 126

Tell us about your RuneScape account and history.

I started playing in elementary school (2001-2002 time frame) and quit around 2008ish came back around late 2010 quit again and now back again as of 2016.

Tell us about your clan history.

I was in a small clan called, "Rebellion" around 2006-2008 time frame. I had a good time with them and made a decent bit of friends from that I still talk to and associate with on and off runescape. When I came back in 2016 I made my pure account first and joined a clan called AAO (I believe that's the name) and quit coming to events and what not because it was absurd blowing off real life commitments for 3 events a week, with no appreciation, while run by teenagers who wanted me to spam the n word and what not. I could of let them know I was leaving but I just felt it wasn't worth my time and effort.

Tell us about your yourself.

Im an old man, big ole 3-0 and have a really big love for this game. I live in West Virginia, I was originally from Maryland but after I got out the army I moved over for cheaper taxes and gun rights. Im currently using my gi bill to go to school for cyber security, while trying to get my CCNA and a software development certificate. I work full time as armed security at multiple federal facilities around my area. Outside of RS I play flag football and just hang out with a few close friends or my siblings/parents, yeah, im boring lol.

How did you hear about us?  I always heard y'alls name, I just decided to look into you guys

What makes you want to join us? As previously stated I enjoyed the camaraderie aspect of being in a clan back in the day and would like to see if it will be the same now. The guys I would usually play with haven't been getting on lately and no offense to them, they don't really do much on the game outside of slayer or killing corp and bandos. I make guides in the discord that I made and like to help teach people things and I baby step it to make sure they fully understand it. I think that could be an positive contribution to the clan, which was not appreciated by most whom I associate with in my discord. I'd like to find some other people to play with that are on more consistently and be apart of a more give and take type of relationship in terms of knowledge base for the game with me. I look forward to learning and getting good at raids, which has been hard with the aforementioned guys who lack gear or basic pvming abilities. Learning the mind fuck that is PVP nowadays would be nice too but I think too many blows to the head has capped me on that lol. NOTE: These guys im talking about are real life friends, so it's been hard but im finally ripping the band-aid off and gonna join you guys to do what I want in the game, i'll still associate with those guys but im trying to branch out and do more then the same old thing.

Do you agree to the rules and requirements of WG and understand that this is an honour clanYes

Come clean about anything that may deter us from accepting you: Im a veteran, and usually what comes with that is a potty mouth, lack of political correctness, and a dark sense of humor. Please know, I don't intend to hurt your feelings, I like to joke about things, if I hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to. Let me know what it was that hurt your feelings and if it's something sensible and not you being a cry baby, ill fix it. I also have a lot on my plate with school, work, and decompression time, so hounding me for events or something like that might piss me off, just let me know and ill try to make it work, don't nag.

Signature Pic(s).png

Nice app, and I'm glad you found us! No one is going to force you to attend events, and we are all pretty relaxed and understand that real life always comes first. Being from Maryland originally, are you a Ravens fan (I am)? In addition to your wanting to learn PvP as well as learning raids, I really appreciate that you said that you want to bring a positive contribution to us. Things are always more fun when you do it with others, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Edited by Frog Wiz
Spoiler

unknown.png.89117b906d248cbad0ab57cb764e664c.png

Banner credit goes to @Baites

sig_wgtransmed5.png

New_MotM.png

649453090_mostwholesome.gif

most-active.gif

most-helpful.gif

image.png.fbe03f1c61dd9b3589e5adefd145b94b.png

unknown.png

55 minutes ago, Frog Wiz said:

Nice app, and I'm glad you found us! No one is going to force to to attend events, and we are all pretty relaxed and understand that real life always comes first. Being from Maryland originally, are you a Ravens fan (I am)? In addition to your wanting to learn PvP as well as learning raids, I really appreciate that you said that you want to bring a positive contribution to us. Things are always more fun when you do it with others, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Yeah, I read y'alls rules about being more relaxed but I figured id just let you guys know lol. I don't watch much football besides for high school football with my parents and siblings on fridays, it's a thing we do together. In terms of professional I like Green Bay and I root for Ravens as well since im from Maryland like previously stated.  But just like with UFC and other sports I enjoy, I just don't watch them unless im reminded or something like that, it's weird. I remember while I was deployed in 2013 the Ravens played against the 49ers in the superbowl and I was the only one at my out site that said the Ravens would win and I ruled the out site in terms of shit talking for like 2 weeks because of it lol. Yeah, the relationship for you and a clan should be mutually beneficial and I think I can help some of the lower levels or others lacking certain game knowledge, in exchange for training and knowledge I lack. It should be a fun experience, I look forward to it.

Signature Pic(s).png

1 hour ago, Affect Ctrl said:

Welcome! I'm currently living in Maryland, you're right the gun laws here suck... maybe I should consider moving to VA.

I don't know about VA with what recently occurred with the government wanting to essentially obliterate the 2nd amendment in the state. WV has constitutional carry meaning if you're a WV resident you can automatically open carry, you also only need to talk to the local sheriff and provide proof of some form of firearms training to get conceal carry which is applicable to majority of all the states (that also have conceal carry permits).

Signature Pic(s).png

Congratulations, you have been accepted into our community!

You are now an Initiate Guardian and have 3 weeks to attend 3 events, reply to at least 10 posts and graduate.

Here are some useful links:

• Graduations - you have 3 weeks to post your graduation form.
  • Unread content - gives you the latest posts. Keeps you up to date.
  • Important Announcements - check frequently for major updates.
  • Calendar - all events are here, listed in your own time zone. You can even host your own.
  • Discord - keep notifications on for #osrs_announcements and #graduation. We'll never spam you.
  • Recruitment Tips - help expand our clan
  • New to PvM or PvP? Check out the #pvm-help and #pvp-help channels on Discord.

Important: as our clan chat is public, please do not talk about PvP events in WG_CC. Use Discord.

Let me know when you've read this.

I and the staff are happy to answer any further questions.

Welcome to our clan!

P.S. Got two minutes spare? Take this optional survey to help us with our recruitment process.

P.P.S. Are you a Discord Nitro subscriber or have a lot of IRL money? 🤑 Consider giving us your Nitro Server Boost. See #nitro-boost on Discord for info.

Genghis-Bong.gif
_______________________________ Gwoodcutting.gif_______________________________

____💨 One Very ub_high.png 💨_____

Insta:  http://instagram.com/A_High_Jedi
Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/ahighjedi