Sports that you are/were in?

Roll Out

Anybody participate in any sports as a kid or any now? I played soccer and was paddling from the age of 6-12. I got into taekwondo from the age of 12-16 then went to military school at the age of 16. I got out then went to kickboxing for a couple of years. I went back for a couple sessions earlier this year but covid ended up cancelling that. Want to get back into it but I'm looking to spend a big chunk of money on gear first.

I did Wado Ryu to brown belt but stopped when I was 20/21. Played rugby and field hockey from about 9 years old until couple of years ago. Have an issue with my bones so I can't play impact or contact sports but I still enjoy cycling, rowing, and walking. Live next to what would be called a national park in the US so that's alright.

welcome.png

Parents placed me in soccer when I was 10-13. I never was that good at the sport but I was real quick, so in middle school and high school I pursued Track & Swim. I met my best friends in Track where we would troll other kids during races to win. Regardless I was pretty good at the sport, while for swimming I was just trying not to drown.

image.png.0309a1ef833b7b3566274b846b84671c.png 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Since I was 10-16 years old I have been playing a very little known sport called "korfball", then I started practicing triathlon at 20 years old and I only held the rhythm of training for 1 year and since then I have not practiced more sports until ago two years I discovered diving and now it is my passion and my future job as an underwater instructor and photographer.

I played the usual rotation of sports during elementary through high school (soccer, baseball, basketball, football, track & field), but only ever really enjoyed soccer as a kid and just exercising in general in high school. Wasn't really good at anything 🤣. Nowadays though, big fan of boxing both as a sport as well as something I do. Although I don't like getting punched in the face, I enjoy training tremendously.

Spoiler

unknown.png.89117b906d248cbad0ab57cb764e664c.png

Banner credit goes to @Baites

sig_wgtransmed5.png

New_MotM.png

649453090_mostwholesome.gif

most-active.gif

most-helpful.gif

image.png.fbe03f1c61dd9b3589e5adefd145b94b.png

unknown.png

Participated in taekwondo and swimming in primary school, skating in med/high and soccer in high school and college. And I somehow ended up playing basketball mostly in uni 😅😂

On 11/9/2020 at 4:03 PM, Frog Wiz said:

I played the usual rotation of sports during elementary through high school (soccer, baseball, basketball, football, track & field), but only ever really enjoyed soccer as a kid and just exercising in general in high school. Wasn't really good at anything 🤣. Nowadays though, big fan of boxing both as a sport as well as something I do. Although I don't like getting punched in the face, I enjoy training tremendously.

Eyyy, it isn't boxing till you've been punched in the face 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I played football from age 6-18? then started playing flag football a couple years back. Played my first season of semi pro last year, im still on the team currently but my shoulder has been acting up. I doubt i play this year

I used to play floorball when I was a little kid (lol).. then did Judo for few years, but just lost interest in it. Nowadays I mostly go to gym regularly  + do some jogging -  and of course I love hiking/trekking and stuff like that (maybe doesn't count as a sport though)

Rokhart-MD.gif

Rokhart2.gif

Spoiler

wilderness-guardians-member_of_the_monthApril2021.png.ef0719e9b58089af428cba6673c4dcd1.png.f6500a32d771f2491e337d1cdb11a5f9.png.5d5af97ce29746f0b54215ad7caf4c19.png
Rokhart-4.gif

rainbow-text_7.pngrainbow-text_4.png

1 hour ago, Rokhart said:

I used to play floorball when I was a little kid (lol).. then did Judo for few years, but just lost interest in it. Nowadays I mostly go to gym regularly  + do some jogging -  and of course I love hiking/trekking and stuff like that (maybe doesn't count as a sport though)

add all that with your loud ass carrots 

• 2 weeks later...

Played football from age 11 all the way to 18 when I graduated high school. Still passionate about the sport to this day but I have switched over to playing basketball casually in pick up games. Football got me into lifting weights and I've been power lifting consistently for the past 3 years. Unfortunately I have not been able to compete in power lifting meets or train due to an injury that occurred roughly 3 months ago. Trying to figure it out and move past it, hopefully soon.

I played golf in high school. Was never very good but really want to be getting back to it now. Recently got a few clubs together and a small "weekend bag" and want to start playing some more, or at least going to the driving range sometimes. Its just expensive and time consuming.