CHECK IN

1800RagList

With all the awful things going on in the world I just want to make a post to check in on each other. 

So with that being said here's mine :

Um I’ll start, I'm not gonna say that I am doing awful but I’m definitely not doing a solid as I should be the lockdown has lifted here in Vegas but I am just getting back to the  swing of things and being able to go outside and yah know like having a normal social life again. The Masks still arnt my thing. Nor do I think ill honestly ever get use to wearing one every time I leave my house lol.

Thanks, Laken, for starting this topic as well as sharing your thoughts about the current situation in the world.

I have been very fortunate to been able to cope throughout the pandemic and have had relatively little issue with the changes in my own personal life. Work has been fully online and work from home for me for the past 4+ years, and I've had most of my classes at University go either fully online or hybrid with just a few labs that need in-person attendance. There are, of course, days where not everything goes to plan, but that's life! Hard times make hard people.

I encourage everyone (if they have time) to read a short blog from one of my favorite "life" websites that puts things into perspective. In the end, time is the most important commodity, and one of the only things we can never get back.

https://soflete.com/blogs/knowledge/die-living

At the end of the day, we are still here on this Earth and are able to breathe and be alive when others that have passed (in many times, way too early) would give anything for one more hour to spend with those they love, doing the things they enjoy, and just seeing the world once more. Let's remember that while we may be going through difficult times, but all things eventually pass.

Stay strong, everyone, and make sure to reach out if you're going through a tough time. Many times, talking it out with friends (or even typing it out) is cathartic. I hope to see everyone sometime once this pandemic is over, and I can't wait for a WG reunion in real life once it happens!

Edited by Frog Wiz
Spoiler

unknown.png.89117b906d248cbad0ab57cb764e664c.png

Banner credit goes to @Baites

sig_wgtransmed5.png

New_MotM.png

649453090_mostwholesome.gif

most-active.gif

most-helpful.gif

image.png.fbe03f1c61dd9b3589e5adefd145b94b.png

unknown.png

Yep, working from home for 8 months straight has been a bit rough. One positive has been more osrs time, even though at this point that's probably reverted to a negative. 

Smoke.gif

smoke_late.png

grc.gif.452d5c4ae0896f7570b6cec4bd3d3744.gif.7b174a9acbd8ac7f1e0e26ad3fa1037d.gif                                                                            Bfishing.gif.78298943a29add16fdd27002a8dec293.gif

Spoiler

image.png

Imagefavorite_official.gif

best-caller.gif

New_MotM.png

being a caretaker for my own family has been hard for the pass 6 years but with covid its even harder. I must keep my family safe and now working at a pizza place it gets scary to think what if i get it and get my family sick. i need the money being I plan on getting married in a few years. The stress in life is at an all time high and dealing with it is hard. but talking to people and letting out your stress does help in some ways. keep your head up, maybe go for a walk, or write, or paint, do anything to keep the mind busy.

Nice and thoughtful of you to make this. I have good news about masks...you definitely get used to them. Took me a month of >50 hour weeks, where I had to wear the mask at all times (barring eating and walking outside), but now I can't tell if I have one on or off. 

Covid sucks! I'm 25 and in marathon shape and it absolutely whooped me. 13 of my friends went to Montana to work from home out of two airbnb's - every single one of us got it. I did get sicker than all the rest - another got nearly as sick as me, but yeah covid sucked for me. But now i'm antibodied up at least. 

1 hour ago, n3bby said:

Nice and thoughtful of you to make this. I have good news about masks...you definitely get used to them. Took me a month of >50 hour weeks, where I had to wear the mask at all times (barring eating and walking outside), but now I can't tell if I have one on or off. 

Covid sucks! I'm 25 and in marathon shape and it absolutely whooped me. 13 of my friends went to Montana to work from home out of two airbnb's - every single one of us got it. I did get sicker than all the rest - another got nearly as sick as me, but yeah covid sucked for me. But now i'm antibodied up at least. 

Im hoping I do, I worth in healthcare as it stands so its becoming a truly everyday item for me to put on lol.

Ive had covid 3 times now. each time seems to get a little easier than the last, thankfully 

Its interesting to see how life been impacted for every person. I hope all you will continue ur life journey as soon as vaccine is launched. As part from me i might be quite fortunate because once Covd hit country i just relocated to permanent position working from home and thats it. Same like my girlfriend and not much changed.