COD WWII

WG Da Man

I played the PC beta and really enjoyed it. I might be getting it on xbox but i'm going to watch the sales figures to see if its likely to drop to $40 around black friday.

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

I'm downloading it as I type! Ill let you know my thoughts on the multiplayer and single player. From what i have heard and read, some people didnt like the campaign all that much saying it wasnt too historically correct (but I saw others say it was people overreacting) In all fairness it is a FPS and the CoD franchise to they arent too well renowned for "historical accuracy". But Ive seen some good things about the multiplayer and how they took a step in a good direction with the new HQ system, but Ill respond once more in probably 2-3 hours with a little more insight as to what I think! (I'm a huge CoD fan and have played them since Big Red on the original Xbox) and I agree with the last few disappointing me as well. I dont even think I played the infinity warfare one, I only got it for the CoD remastered.

15 hours ago, WG Da Man said:

Has anyone played it, is it any good been thinking about buying it but last couple have let me down. the cod 4 remake was the only decent thing that came out of the last one for me.

I've brought it on the ps4. The campaign is nice, however the ending was a bit of a meh, I expected a bit more of a big battle. 

So far online has been largely a mixed experience. The lobby system took some getting used too. Seems like they got a lot of a destiny idea from it. I like the firing range and doing stuff whilst waiting for the games to start.

Online has been well... strange. Its actually slow to get into games, Im presuming the matchmaking system is a bit buggy. Its speed up today after I got it on release but taking almost 5 days says a lot. 

Gameplay wise: It's either snipe with a Lee Enfield or run about with a SMG/Assault rifle. Don't bother with anything else. You can have some success I guess with a shotgun, but only in a choke spots/CQC like trenches. Gun leveling up is nice, goes quickly though perhaps too quick. I'm level 19 at this point so I'll update as I go along. 

Update for online:

Weapons are a bit lack luster. like Suffud said either run around with a SMG or the STG-44 or snipe. I dont see anyone else using anything other than those weapons, I havent had an issues with matching I get into the games quickly (not even 30 seconds and I play on Xbox). Map design is a little meh, most maps are small close quarters or something along the lines of that but Im not too picky with it.

10 hours ago, fearguap said:

Update for online:

Weapons are a bit lack luster. like Suffud said either run around with a SMG or the STG-44 or snipe. I dont see anyone else using anything other than those weapons, I havent had an issues with matching I get into the games quickly (not even 30 seconds and I play on Xbox). Map design is a little meh, most maps are small close quarters or something along the lines of that but Im not too picky with it.

All i'm seeing lately is PPSH, STG-44, Type 100. Occasional combat shotgun with explosive rounds. The odd quickscoper --> Wish these would just fuck off and die already, sick of the them. One thing i hate about cod is being killed in a CQC situation, smashing multiple rounds into somebody for them to quickscope me with an aim assist and think they are a bad ass.

Only map that seems to be Mid-Long range is Gustaph Train Yard.  Rest are all very CQC. 

I enjoy it, zombies is quite fun also.

Wish there were better rifles but what do you expect for WW2. I'm used used to using assault rifles with fast fire rates- so my immediate go to is the STG on this cod... It's so damn good.

2lnz21z.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 

Servers are still shite, find games quickly now but still lagg far too much. 

Gunwise: Mp40, Tommy Gun and BAR have entered the frey. With the BAR being the biggest threat to the STG44. Slower fire rate but packs a hell of a hit. More like a hybrid Assault rifle/Light Machine Gun. 

Tried zombies when drunk the other night. The cabin is really confusing. The village is cool but creepy got to level 27 online whilst drunk so was happy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...