Cox Grind (CM's and Solo's)

O o g a

Been messing about for the past few months in CoX since I'm kinda burnt from ToB and Inferno.

Didn't feel like posting about my alt's progress since multiple members have more accounts and more complete accounts for pking and pvming.

Got really into doing speedy chambers and CM and I've been posting it in the discord for quite a while but felt like I could tell a 'better' story in the forums.

So the endgame 'goals' are:

Sub 17min Solo regular (WR is 14:45)

Sub 24min Trio CM (WR is 22:45)

Sub 23min 5 man CM (WR is 21:26)

Oh probably a sub 40min Solo CM?(WR is 31:23) But this is gonna be fucking hell on earth to get

Some milestones to get before those ones?

Sub 20min Solo regular

Sub 26min Trio CM

Sub 25min 5 man CM

Had to go pretty far back in the screenshots to see where I started

1st solo?

image.png.c33d84f8e784e3dde463d3d69fd68cfa.png

Earliest CM I could find

image.png.cf4c7999285e92e5046e2319f8cf45d8.png

Will post some more updates later about what I've done till now and what I / we (my team) have learned!

Edited by O o g a

I think the biggest difference is that I have scythe now?

But for solo's I don't actually use scythe - I'm just doing lance 4:1 for melee.
Yes there exists methods with scythe that are faster but I'm not good enough at 4:1 to take advantage of those methods even if I learn them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ima skip ahead and say that our current PB'd are as follows:

Solo Cox: 20:05

My first goal here before I try to get any fancy layouts or another pb is to get my olm time to be sub 10. Anything above 10 is deemed a 'slow' olm.

Really all I need to do is miss less ticks, set up cycle faster so I don't get tele'd around everywhere, and try to only brew right before ovl ticks (every 15 seconds) so I'm always hitting at 120 stats.

Solo CM: 51:44

Trio CM: 27:31

5 Man CM: 25:32

The BIGGEST time saves in all of the scales is to either not prep at all - or prep less.

For CM's we've gone from doing massive prep to something like 11 brew 6 revites each to 'Africa Prep' which is this:

8-5.png?width=440&height=82

In fact we're now doing even less than that graph, and instead of prepping between shamans and vanguard, we're sending everyone down to vanguards with the pots we bring in. And when vangs are close to dying 1 guy will go up and prep. (They'll log out and log in when the team tags the lower level after thief/vesp/rope)

Other gimmicks we do - that all speedy teams do - listed below

Chopping mutt tree instead of freezing (saves similar time but this way we have less switches and more people on vengeance)

Full rope skip + tele grab

Venge bomb vasa

Venge bomb demon if possible

Milestones we aim for when speed running are:

5 min first floor (our pb is like 5:30?)

11min 2nd floor (pb is like 12:20)

18min 3rd floor/olm start (pb is like 19:11)

6 minute olm (pb is like 6:30)

There's room to speed up everywhere but mostly the rooms are causing us trouble

Aight, so solo CM's are gonna be put on hiatus cause I can't be assed to do Tekton reset simulator for 20 minutes to get a kill within 5 minutes.

Gonna wait till I can afford inquisitor's (armour or mace or both?) because I try it again.

Gonna aim to scout some sort of vanguard raids so I don't have to prep ever but can take more than 4 brews into olm, until don't even need 4. At which point I can start grinding vtv's or any fast layout.

Also tried a couple rope skips but I don't think the benefits / cost is worth it for me yet (Although it'll be helpful to learn for CM's in the future as well)

Edited by Crazyooga

Busy afk training the alt so I couldn't prescout for myself. Sent a few CM's instead cause I sold some shit for inq mace which should make tekton more consistent and 'faster'

Got a sub 50 solo CM

image.png.0ffff8271db0518ca9b27c7d88de4ea8.png

Need to work on finishing first floor before 11 minutes

Gotta get to olm before 30 minutes if I want anything close to sub 40 (10 min olm will be average I think)

Had probably my best rooms but died and fucked up the Olm 3xwhich ended up being a 14 minute olm.

Lost all my times cause I didn't save it properly but it was like 47 minutes when a 10 min olm could've gotten me probably 44 minutes?

image.png.d5bf8ea7d52b1e52d1b3cdc3c970b117.png

Still can take a few minutes off of each floor and haven't done rope skip yet.

Will try to document each floor better but I was a little tiled with how bad the olm went this time

26 minutes ago, Yasticaki said:

So what team do you do these speedraids with? Where did you find em?

Same guys I learned Tob/CM with. Some friends from a previously disbanded clan that we just still hang about with. We just have similar schedules so we game a lot together

-----------------------

SOLO CM News:

image.png.1a9443b73653e2e9f40173f10763a236.png

Was a ridiculously scuffed raid.

I didn't bring a defender in, so I didn't have it to spec demon/tekton hit guardian/vasa crystals/vangs.

Still ended up having my fastest down time ever

11min first floor

I scuffed a few crystals so I could should be faster here. Tekton rng was faster than average. Demon was slow and I didn't get enough kindling for the first burner so it ran out early :/

I should be able to knock another minute off this by removing mistakes. Not sure how to be 'faster' than that because I'm still prepping a little bit

11:30 second floor

Vangs and thieving were terrible. I think I opened 50 chests to get 30 grubs which is sad.

Should aim for 2:30 vangs and 2 min thieving? I instead did like 4:30 vangs and 3 mins at thieving.

Did a half rope skip (killed rangers but skipped magers) so on pb attempts I'll bring 2 pnecks and skip them both - I should probably practice this though

9:48 3rd floor

Guardians and Vasa I probably lost around 3:30 minutes because I didn't have defender. I couldn't even kill the first vasa crystal in the first 17 hits. Was 120 stats the whole time but the rng was hilariously sad.

11:40 Olm

I need to practice regulars to get this lower. I think CM olm should be sub 11 if you're not bad. Regular cox should be sub 10 as well.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I got some average room times for solo CM so I added a few seconds to every room and the banking/inbetween to get the following:

image.thumb.png.25742c095da07a36b02a6d16f804e47e.png

Left side is basically a prep+half rope skip method which is what I'm most likely going to do?

Right side is basically WR pace rooms + no prep and full rope skip with pnecks and the kitchen sink (no thanks)

As I expected, thieving/vangs are my slowest rooms by far. And making olm mistake free will be nice so I don't lose 30k points to one death near the end -_-

Edited by Crazyooga

Ran a few duo's today and without any fancy stuff beat my old PB

Also died at olm and my partner had to get pick up dinner from the door and died during mystics during this raid xD

unknown.png

WR pace for duo is 27:50 with a 7:35 Olm. So if we can get something close to 30-32 minutes I'll be really fucking happy.

For olm we're just doing duo mage run and face tanking the melee with scythe. I think if we really wanted to go hard we'll look at doing no preps with blood fury.

---------------------------------

Onto the Solo Cox content

I ran a casual raid with overprep to practice some things I saw in a few guides/videos.

Double checking with the excel I had here were my main 'differences'

Tekt - 1:30 (SUPER FUCKING FAST - I won't get this RNG for a long time in the future)

Crab - 2:13 (+70 seconds - super fucking slow. I smashed the crabs in the wrong spot, basically lost all the time gained from the fast tekton)

Demon - 4:19 (+40 seconds - had some bad scavs / a few fumbles with picking axe/ dropping pots / etc)
Shamans - 1:56 (+30 seconds - ran out of prayer and was afraid to run the shamans so I had to let it jump so I could safe spot it)

Prep/Bank - 3:30 (+60 seconds) - decided to over prep so this was mainly because I was being chicken
Vangs - 3:57 (+60 seconds) - I reset the vangs from 1 scythe + 1 claw on the ranger. Rest of it was done pretty well but I gotta stop resetting
Thieving - 3 mins(+60 seconds) - did a really bad job of setting my inventory up after vangs before banking and spent some times going for bats which is a mistake (especially when I prepped so many brews)
Vesp - 1:16 - Was faster than the average time so no complaints there
Rope - 2 mins - (+20 seconds) I just killed magers and rangers so I didn't save time since I didn't half skip
Guardian - 2:09 - basically same as average, didn't miss ticks so it's just rng here
Vasa - 2:53 (+60 seconds) had to panic brew a few times so I missed hitting at 120 stats for quite a bit. I think it was 4 crystals and 2 tele's. I need to get better at this room for sure
Mystic - 2:28 (this is just rng but I feel like I missed some time because vesp died in the opposite side of the room and I should've just dropped my low dose brews to pick up the fresh ones instead of chugging)
Mutta - 2:10 - Basically the same as the average. I think I did it properly this time and got lucky I didn't get stacked out like I normally do

Olm image.png.fe8e127255ba4f4360ee87f0a72f7566.png

Average should be a minute faster. Probably 20 seconds in P1,p3 and head phase would fix it. Which basically equates to 1 botched acid run/brewed down hits for 15 seconds and missing ticks in head phase trying to dodge crystals.

--------------------------------

Reading up, it looks like I'm not losing the majority of the time in a few specific rooms, rather I'm below average at all of them (the ones that aren't just RNG based)

Great.

At some point I need to learn to do vesp using 1 or fewer restores (camping enhance)

Full rope skip (with 2 pnecks to start)

After that I can consider doing no preps. However I need to first be able to consistently hit 40 min raids I think. No point trying to squeeze the extra 2 minutes from prepping less or none at all if I'm losing 8 minutes worth of time in the other rooms.

Also need to get better at olm

-faster to get into cycle

-acid run without chugging 2 brews

-maybe get inquistor so I don't miss so many hammers - cause each missed hammer is basically + 30 seconds

--------------

Aight I think that was sweaty enough

image.png.bf354d985c222e933fc88367e7268a52.png

New pb!

Slower olm by a lot - mainly due to noodle bow and missing specs in both p1 and p2. I don't think I missed any ticks in my 4:1 but had to brew a bit too much from a bad acid run.

image.png.7963c562484400380ed576254ee3c0ff.png

Slow tekton but I said fuck it

Then I fucked up crabs but still chugged on

Felt like a fast demon but still seems a bit on the slow side

Shamans for sure I hit many 0's.

Main time lost however was lost on the 3 minute prep

image.png.324771f27573083b75f1232599034f0f.png

Finally did a good 3 minute vangs room. I think I know what the cycle / pattern I need to do to keep hitting and not resetting any

Thieving decent/ Vesp decent

I should've seen my time and done a half skip (kill rangers leave magers) - would've saved like 30 seconds there

Could've had a sub 9 minute second floor if I did just that one thing

image.png.3799ced6e3514ceb5f8c5e2486fdb8a8.png

Guardians and vasa were 2 minutes a piece which is also about average. I don't see how I can speed up guardians other than praying for rng

Vasa I feel like I hit all my switches in time so that's all rng at this point too.

Mystic I got punched twice but didn't venge any so that was sad

Mutta was slower cause I was brewing too much for big mutta. Need to do brew+twisted in the ticks between my bow shots

Also banking between Mutta/Olm I should try to be faster - maybe if it was only 45 seconds instead of 57 I would've had a sub 9 minute 3rd floor too

Have you looked into using a blood fury like we talked about some days ago? It's pretty useful according to people in inf who do solo cms

Been following your progress from the screenies you've shared, gz for the sick progress you've made

Edited by Banish

Corpi.gif

Got the sub 43

half rope skip and good vangs make a huge difference. Also I'm resetting tekton if I dont kill within 2 minutes which is approximately 3 anvils.

image.png.672fc3f102994cfc1b68e0633bc4e90a.png

If I didn't get fucked by mutta and vasa I could've had a 9 minute second floor which would've been a sub 40

Much improvements!

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've done a 8:16 2nd floor before but had a 57 second vesp which is very very lucky

Should aim to bring 2nd and 3rd floors close to 8 minutes as much as possible and 1st floor to 11 mins with a mini prep. I think I'm losing too much time with the scavs in demon

Crabs I need to work on to be a bit more consistent and clean. I think I mess up one bounce each time which loses like 20 seconds

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.540c1e34554ea9b3701e5caea28d7a0b.png

9:30 shamans end > 2min prep for the 11:35 first flood

I don't think prep can be faster so I need to knock time off demon/shamans

2nd floor was 8:17 which is my pb or close to. Regularly getting 3 min vangs now with ~2 mins thief and ~1:30 vesp

Only way to get sub 8 is to learn full rope skip - which will save some brews but will cost some inventory spaces (need at least 1 pneck and sweets or a second pneck)

3rd floor was 9:09

I think I had below average guardians and mystics.

Chop was 55 seconds at mutta

Need to figure out how to get this floor to sub 8 or around that

Olm was bad - 12mins ruins any hope of a pb. Need to try to consistently get sub 11

Need to do like 8 mins for hands

1:02 for intermission

<1:30 for head phase

-------------------------------------

Not gonna work on full rope skip until I can consistently get to shamans by sub 9

2nd floor ~8 mins 

3rd floor ~8 mins

Olm  ~11 mins

Should be able to do 40 min prep cms with those times

No pb's the past week but watched a few of the WR holders do some insane shit

Too poor to use 100-200 purple sweets per raid but still need to somehow work on having only 2 inventory spots for stamina for future raids.

With that in mind, sent a couple shitty raids and lowered my prep amount to try to make first floor a bit faster.

Was able to successfully complete the raids using just 2 stams (even had a 1-2 sips remaining) but I kept dying to other rooms cause I was trying to be speedy. Stupid deaths like getting punched in mystics or dying to a scav on the way to vesp cause I was fixing quick pray and forgot to pray melee.

The new goal before I make any changes now is to get a sub 40 with this strategy:

2 stamina/4 angler/1brew

Pick up rev/enh/ovl

At prep only make 3 revs and 12 brews (15 vials/buchu)

With good rng that SHOULD be a sub 11 minute down

Then I need to be consistent and get my 2nd floor to be around 8 minutes. This will include learning rope skip with 1 pneck (Kirby Skip 2.0)

3rd floor so far my PB is also just around 9:09. I need to lower that to 8 minutes as well but other than praying for RNG I don't actually know what else I can do (blowpipe for mystics and small mut?) If that's the case I need to get better at luring them so I don't spend 3 brews just getting them in position

Olm I need to be a bit more consistent in. Need to remember the max hits so I don't keep getting rekt.

New WR had like a 8:16 olm which is fucking insane and will never be replicated again - but I should be able to more consistently get around 10 minutes instead of 11+

Max hits • Phases 1 & 2: 38 (39 when crippled) • Phase 3: 41 • Head phase: 42

Edited by Crazyooga

The wife still working at home beside me so I can't make as many attempts as I'd like to but I tried morning and got a really good tekton without any resetting so I just sent it

Close to my pb first floor. Killed Shamans by 8:30 - so I still prepped for 2:30 which is slow

2nd and 3rd floors I need to shave a minute of both and have a 10-11 min olm and the run would be a sub 40.

image.png.0794d8903da45b02b417f5f5d334efb7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done much of these recently cause gf working from home with me. I can average around 31 minute downs and 11 minute olms which end up looking around 42 ish minute raids.

Saw a bunch of stuff dropping in price so I bought full inquisitor's after selling all my loot/implings etc (basically anything that is non raids gear/supplies). Haven't done a run with it yet but I shall write some notes with how it goes when I do :)