WG Jester's Development Blog for Snowflake Ironman - Pay to Free-to-Play

WG Jester

Hello everyone. I've been entertaining the idea to create a snowflake ironman locked to the F2P areas of the game, but with access to all P2P content therein. I'd like feedback from everyone on how to best set restriction and exceptions to the account's gameplay and maybe develop a list of early/mid/late game goals and achievements for myself.

To begin, here's an outline of the area I will permit access to for sure.

Lumbridge

Al Kharid

Varrock

Draynor Village

Falador

Musa Point on Karamja

Crandor

The Wilderness

Here are some areas that I was considering as an exception, as these areas are within the spaces listed above or are accessible within reason. If there are any I may have missed that you think might be okay, please suggest them.

Varrock Lumber Yard

Deep Wilderness?

KBD Lair

Lava Dragon Isle

The various Wilderness caverns, including the slayer caves and Revenant caves and Wilderness GWD

Varrock Museum lower floor areas

Edgeville Wilderness Dungeon and Air Obelisk

Giant Mole's Lair

Extended section of the Mining Guild and Motherlode Mine

Mage Training Arena

Wyvern area of the Asgarnia Ice Dungeon

TzHaar area

Cave Goblin area

Some big goals I have for myself would be the following;

All skillcapes obtainable within the F2P area

Diaries completed (perhaps an exception to complete tasks in f2p areas)

Max gear as suggested by Logout:

Weapons: Rune Scim, MSB/Rune X-bow (Mage logs @ MTA/Farming, RCB from Deranged Archaeologist or whatever his name is) Master Wand.

Armor: DFS, Full Rune for Melee, Black Dhide for range, Splitbark for mage, mystic boots from implings as well. Leather boots the Wilderness Wards and the Wildy Weapons, Dragon Boots from spiritual mages in the wilderness GWD

Skilling Gear: Dragon pIckaxe, rune axe by smithing or lava dragons

I will edit and update this as commentary comes in. Thanks for any and all feedback.

Edited by WG Jester

gz.png

Weapons: Rune Scim (Dragon Battleaxe from master clues technically), MSB/Rune X-bow (Mage logs @ MTA, runite ore from wild), Master Wand.

Armor: DFS, Full Rune for Melee, Black Dhide for range, Splitbark for mage (Top/Bottom from Fanatic, gloves from magpies, helm from ninja implings), get mystic boots from implings as well. Leather boots are your only other option unless you want to farm elites/masters for gilded boots

Skilling Gear: Dragon pIckaxe, rune axe by smithing or lava dragons,

You can technically get a Fury from a Bag Full of Gems from MLM, but Glory would suffice IMO.

Just now, WG Logout said:

Weapons: Rune Scim (Dragon Battleaxe from master clues technically), MSB/Rune X-bow (Mage logs @ MTA, runite ore from wild), Master Wand.

Armor: DFS, Full Rune for Melee, Black Dhide for range, Splitbark for mage (Top/Bottom from Fanatic, gloves from magpies, helm from ninja implings), get mystic boots from implings as well. Leather boots are your only other option unless you want to farm elites/masters for gilded boots

Skilling Gear: Dragon pIckaxe, rune axe by smithing or lava dragons,

You can technically get a Fury from a Bag Full of Gems from MLM, but Glory would suffice IMO.

I forgot to mention rings, I think you can get a Beacon Ring.

Gmining.gif

WG's least consistent eventmaster.

forumnsig2.png.33b862880446896fac4d15844f66d87c.png
image.png.1eeb324b7637d99186dd80c99a3bdbbc.png

image.png.6a8bc0ca678e6f99b348ccdd427eb74f.png

Animal magnetism requires Burthorpe, I wouldnt make the exception to go there I think.

Druidic Ritual makes sense.

Abyss RC is a toss up; the guy who takes you there is technically in the Wild, but teleporting to another area that isn't technically within or even close to F2P seems like it might be against the spirit of the account.

Edited by WG Jester

gz.png

2 hours ago, WG Jester said:

If i were to permit Wilderness GWD I could get dragon boots from the spiritual mages there

Oh true, you have Krystillia/Vannaka for slayer. I also of course forgot to mention the Wilderness Wards for BiS mage/range offhand. Which also reminds me that Viggora's Chainmace outside of the wilderness is just a crush Dragon Scimitar (even tho you can get a D-scim for scorpia, you have to COMPLETE MM1 to wield it)

Also, for melee gloves, you COULD make an exception to do the first part of RFD but I'd just make a combat bracelet. As far as staves go, you can technically make a Bryophyta staff. I would also give you access to the normal F2P minigames, but also Soul Wars, because you go to edgeville to go to it.

Gmining.gif

WG's least consistent eventmaster.

forumnsig2.png.33b862880446896fac4d15844f66d87c.png
image.png.1eeb324b7637d99186dd80c99a3bdbbc.png

image.png.6a8bc0ca678e6f99b348ccdd427eb74f.png

2 hours ago, WG Jester said:

Animal magnetism requires Burthorpe, I wouldnt make the exception to go there I think.

Druidic Ritual makes sense.

Abyss RC is a toss up; the guy who takes you there is technically in the Wild, but teleporting to another area that isn't technically within or even close to F2P seems like it might be against the spirit of the account.

I'd make the full exception for morytania and burthorpe for the one time of getting Ava's just because it would be so much more painful to train range without it. 

image.png.e558918b2015278ac2f5616d25bcf9e3.png

SALT.png.ebca70e837426d9c314473d47368b537.png

1 hour ago, Misdeal said:

I'd make the full exception for morytania and burthorpe for the one time of getting Ava's just because it would be so much more painful to train range without it. 

i'd feel pretty guilty about it. places like the edgeville dungeon and the kbd lair, i can easily make an exception for because, to me, they just look like p2p content that is stranded within f2p areas. taking a trip to any place that you wouldn't even be able to see a f2p area is a hard sell.

it'll definitely be sort of a struggle but i'm looking for that to be part of the charm.

gz.png

8 hours ago, WG Jester said:

i'd feel pretty guilty about it. places like the edgeville dungeon and the kbd lair, i can easily make an exception for because, to me, they just look like p2p content that is stranded within f2p areas. taking a trip to any place that you wouldn't even be able to see a f2p area is a hard sell.

it'll definitely be sort of a struggle but i'm looking for that to be part of the charm.

Gl then, hopefully you can get a craws then lol

image.png.e558918b2015278ac2f5616d25bcf9e3.png

SALT.png.ebca70e837426d9c314473d47368b537.png

So I'm shaping up how this account will be limited and I've been updating the list of areas that may be reasonable exceptions based on their locations in or near the F2P area, as well as possible exceptions for performing certain tasks to complete achievement diaries for F2P cities/regions.

Here is also a rough draft of my skilling, let me know if I can make additions to it;

Combat (Melee); Spiders in Stronghold of Security, Chainmace in Wild
Combat (Ranged); Ogresses, Black Chins somewhere, Craws Bow in Wild
Magic; High Alch, Superheat Item, Lava Dragons
Prayer; Lava Dragon Bones, Dragon Bones, Mahogany Altar
Runecrafting; Lavas maybe
Construction; seems pretty straightforward actually
Agility; Rooftops
Herblore; Herb patches at Falador, herb sources from various kills
Thieving; any NPC
Crafting; Daily battlestaffs maybe? is molten glass possible?
Fletching; pretty straightforward tbh, no bow string unless from bee man random tho
Slayer; Krystillia, Vannaka, girl Turael
Hunter; lul
Mining; iron and various necessary ores/mining guild? MLM possibly?
Smithing; just smith it wym
Fishing; barbarian village baby
Cooking; just all the food I need
Woodcutting/Firemaking; we camping in draynor
Farming; tree plots in Lumbridge, Varrock, Falador, patches in Falador, a couple in Lumbridge/Varrock area, Rimmington

gz.png

15 hours ago, Final Combo said:

Have you thought about the secret chicken lair in zanaris where you could have acess to black dragons ?

I was thinking about what areas I’d be okay with letting the account have access to and what I think I’ve decided is this:

if I can access it from a F2P area , then it’s fair game. This means Entrana from port sarim, the tzhaar city from karamja, the cave goblin city and swamp dungeon from lumbridge, the mlm and extended mining guild in falador and things like that. I realize that’s not super consistent (for example, why any of these areas but why not burthorpe or the dig site?) but I think the nature of access to these areas (mostly teleports, cavern areas or a small area separate by a door or gate) permits them an exception over going to a whole city, an extensive overworld section like the dig site. I suppose this also means access to pest control, since I can sail there from port sarim. 

I’m also considering permission for quests that can be started within F2P borders, as long as the levels and items can be achieved while in the region. Which would mean I could do lost city but still not do animal magnetism, since I’d need priest in peril for morytania. 

gz.png

11 minutes ago, WG Jester said:

I’m also considering permission for quests that can be started within F2P borders, as long as the levels and items can be achieved while in the region. Which would mean I could do lost city but still not do animal magnetism, since I’d need priest in peril for morytania. 

Agree with this, else youd be severely lacking in quests im guessing? this seems like a fair exception :)

overall really like the idea, you plan on making a progress blog? 

Edited by GurtJun

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png