Thoughts on toxic blowpipe nerf?

I recently decide to pick up osrs again just 2 weeks ago, but this week i read that they plan to nerf the toxic blowpipe(bp) as well as the dart the bp use. :(

rip vorkath pvm with bp, so does anyone know what would be a good but affordable alternative to the bp for both vorkath and pvm uses like for slayer task?

dragon crossbow with ruby/diamond dragon bolts (e) is a solid choice and less cost aswell :) but i think bp is still more dps IF you dwh/bgs spec vorkath

i prefer the crossbow method tho

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...

Aesthetically I hate the blowpipe so I'm pretty happy (like really? a blowpipe is BIS 90% of the time?), but I hope they introduce more weapons as this will hurt players that rely on the blowpipe for a lot of content. I'm hoping for more bows that are good, why is a 1.1B weapon the only good bow in the game right now? Jagex, please don't give us another crossbow! 

Yea the nerf was definitely necessary despite it being sad for speed running (all records needing to be reset or something)

Until a new ranged weapon (or armour) come out, majority of the bosses that blowpipe was BIS at is still going to be BIS (probably bp vorkath suffers a lot but DHCB was already BIS there) . Which shows how overpowered the weapon is currently.