• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Runescape Bonds

Started by Mojo, September 25, 2013, 11:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Mister Kyle

It'll definitely help combat RWT. I honestly support it.

Al

Don't think it'll work, at least not 100%, because gold farmers will just sell for cheaper. But I support it and hope it works.

So u r sayin I can buy drygores now? :> lol jk nah
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Like I said to Albert in IRC, I don't think this will completely irradicate Gold Farming but it is a step in the right direction.

The big Pro is that people like having an official way of doing something, even if it costs a bit more to buy gold through bonds a lot of people will do it.

The negatives are that there is no way to cash out bonds so it doesnt solve the problem of people selling gold.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Rockinmage

Not the RS news I expected to find today. Very interesting. More money for Jagex, but I guess it's better for the money to go to them instead of the gold farmers.

Ronmanola

I think this is a great idea. Here's to a bot-free 07!

Mojo

I think MMG was shitting himself and expecting another player revolt like with EoC, hence the video
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mister Kyle

Honestly, there's either not enough players to revolt, or the bonds are a semi-good idea.

...I don't know which it is

Rockinmage

Quote from: Ronmanola on September 26, 2013, 03:49:35 AM
I think this is a great idea. Here's to a bot-free 07!
It looks like the bonds are not being introduced into 07. But since Jagex allows RS3/OSRS currency trade I'm sure we'll still see at least some of the effects.

Vio

Tayzon_Day

i thought it was just another fake email when i checked my hotmail, turns out it wasnt a hack :o

This Babylon

So jagex is the king of rwt now? Love how its acceptable when they do it. This game is dead if the people that are in control of it atm don't give it to people who know what they are doing   

Mami Tomoei

Ye but we rich ppl can buy membership! :D

Mojo

Quote from: This Babylon on September 26, 2013, 01:05:46 PM
So jagex is the king of rwt now? Love how its acceptable when they do it. This game is dead if the people that are in control of it atm don't give it to people who know what they are doing   
It's either Jagex sell gold or the gold farmers do it. I'd much rather Jagex do it as they can control it.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on September 26, 2013, 04:17:40 PM
It's either Jagex sell gold or the gold farmers do it. I'd much rather Jagex do it as they can control it.
This. Many games have hybrid systems, P2P with a cash shop, it's not like they're being sneaky bastards. If there is money to be made with other benefits such as hurting gold farmers then why not? They're not forcing anyone to buy it, it's an option which is already taken by players unofficially, why not hurt gold farmers and make it more official? They're not introducing a new market, the market already exists.

Btw, is the 30k online 07 and EoC combined? So 15k EoC players?
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mojo

if anyone can be bothered, watch this live-stream recording Jagex did about it: http://www.twitch.tv/runescape/b/464936617 It's quite convincing that Bonds are the right thing to do if you watch it all.

Also Panda, I think the RS homepage is EoC+07 combined ye.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

thekiwi

doubt this update will effect me

IlIScottIlI

meh still another update that doess nothing to make the game interesting.....

Imbryanman

Mojo

Quote from: Imbryanman on September 28, 2013, 05:42:51 AM
Im still kinda confused
people buy bonds on the rs3 website for a fixed amount, they are given the Bond item in game, they can then redeem it themselves (which is dumb), sell it or give it to someone for free. The person who gets the bond can then use it to get 14 days membership, buy runefest tickets (with enough bonds), or get sof/solomons shit. Or they can sell it on but get taxed 10%.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

This Babylon

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on September 26, 2013, 06:31:36 PM
Quote from: Mojohaza1 on September 26, 2013, 04:17:40 PM
This. Many games have hybrid systems, P2P with a cash shop, it's not like they're being sneaky bastards. If there is money to be made with other benefits such as hurting gold farmers then why not? They're not forcing anyone to buy it, it's an option which is already taken by players unofficially, why not hurt gold farmers and make it more official? They're not introducing a new market, the market already exists.

Btw, is the 30k online 07 and EoC combined? So 15k EoC players?
they are just going to undercut eachother until gp is literally worthless.

Netroshark

I personally think its a bad idea because now the price of membership is directly linked to bonds which cost around 10mill, so technically speaking I could do Bandos runs or another method that gets me 1mil per hour and easily. Just about any player can now pay for there membership without actually paying for it. It devalues the price of membership and also Gold farmers could easily sell bonds now at cheaper then rs prices. Still I think bonds are a step in the right direction. :>

The_Poet

As someone who has spent years of hard-work maxing my account without buying gold I am sad. The bond update devalues my achievement and makes the game much easier for those with real world money. I abyss runecrafted 38m xp for monies to buy all the buyable skills. Sheesh how many hours that was! Now I could just get a job at Tesco for a week and buy the GPs. :(

Patty

Quote from: The_Poet on September 30, 2013, 12:07:32 PM
As someone who has spent years of hard-work maxing my account without buying gold I am sad. The bond update devalues my achievement and makes the game much easier for those with real world money. I abyss runecrafted 38m xp for monies to buy all the buyable skills. Sheesh how many hours that was! Now I could just get a job at Tesco for a week and buy the GPs. :(
This has always been true though, just because Jagex are doing it now, there has been Goldfarming for ever since I started playing this game 9 or 10 years ago, if anything jagex are making it more expensive to get the gold. If you want to play the game without buying GP no one is forcing you, it shouldn't take anything away from your sense of achievement just because the way other people play the game. :)

Neto

I was wating for this update for a long time, now im a member again but.... i live to make 7.2m each 14 days to survive xD, kinda no life dude.