• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

They are coming back: 2007 Servers

Started by Mojo, February 13, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asuming the Old RS servers are coming back (you start at level 3), which would you play?

2007 Servers only
Both servers
Current Servers only
Neither

Randy

Runescape might have been pretty shit but the PvP was awesome.
Might as well just make levels adjustable.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Robertw56

I'm most likely going to start up again on the 2007 servers with my brother, we agreed Runescape was a game we fell in love with back then and I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to play again.

Colinwarrior

It's just unfortunate that Jagex is trying to make money off the nostalgia of it's (former) fan base.

Imagine if they just opened up a couple of regular servers that were 2007scape. No poll. No hiked-up membership. No big deal.  And you can just play if you want. If not, that's cool too.

But no, Jagex knows that RS is dying and they are desperately looking for answers. So they are glamorizing 2007scape as some new game that warrants more money and they're making a big deal out of nothing.

They're doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. (and more money)

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

George

Meh... I may consider playing a bit more if they come back...
Not because of how things were, but more because I haven't been able to be involved in RS for a few years now, and as a result, I am not up to date with all the new fangled combat systems etc...

So FOR ME, it would be easier to start playing again on 2007 servers.

HOWEVER. I am not necessarily saying that is the correct thing for Jagex to do...

DZ

Quote from: Robertw56 on February 15, 2013, 05:06:20 PM
I'm most likely going to start up again on the 2007 servers with my brother, we agreed Runescape was a game we fell in love with back then and I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to play again.

ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

DZ

guys can i plz leader wg 2007 cape division

Indivi2you

Did anyone miss the part where Gene referred to Bush, but he's not even American... Ok guy
The First, the Last, and the Only ~FLO
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. ~Michael Jordan

DZ

or the part where he talked about runescape as if he actually played it

nah im jk man we all gotta fight for what we believe in yo

Al

Quote from: Fuls on February 15, 2013, 06:56:08 AM
God people are retarded. Everyone's just going to play it to realize how shit 2007 actually was then realize their mistakes come back and actually appreciate the game a lot more.

Which means vote for 2007scape so people will realize and play EoC more. ##
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Owen

Quote from: Al on February 16, 2013, 08:56:21 AM
God people are retarded. Everyone's just going to play it to realize how shit 2007 actually was then realize their mistakes come back and actually appreciate the game a lot more.

That's the thing though, I reckon a big portion of people that are currently still playing EOC will play 2007, get bored, then cancel their entire membership

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Robertw56

Quote from: DZ on February 16, 2013, 03:39:21 AM
Quote from: Robertw56 on February 15, 2013, 05:06:20 PM

ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mate, how're things? Just seeing your name brings back some good memories.

BeeBee

Might aswell vote now. It's happening anyway.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Wayshow

Meh, at least maybe they can use the money they scam by doing this and make some actual good updates on EoC-Scape. This thing will die after a few months anyway

This Babylon

actually hopefully they improve exp rates on oldscape, and eventually realize that noone in the community likes eoc, and it withers away in a slow painful death

Wayshow

Quote from: This Babylon on February 16, 2013, 07:01:53 PM
actually hopefully they improve exp rates on oldscape, and eventually realize that noone in the community likes eoc, and it withers away in a slow painful death

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Mojo

keep dreaming bro :3
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Interested to know who the 10 people who said 'Neither' (if any current active members).

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mojo

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on February 16, 2013, 08:10:14 PM
Interested to know who the 10 people who said 'Neither' (if any current active members).
I'm pretty sure it's emeritus probably, smf doesnt let you see who voted what though :O
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

Quote from: Wayshow on February 16, 2013, 07:30:45 PM

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Let's be real for a sec, why are you playing if you hate EoC so much? Do you or do you not like the game? 1. Just because people vote for 2007scape doesn't mean they hate EoC, 2. You're looking at the situation in one direction. If you step out of the box you'll realize every aspect of the game has substantially been improved or will be improved (skilling, regular combat, PvM, questing, graphics, little things like tasks/challenges, game engine), EXCEPT PvP.

We're lucky Jagex admits fault and addresses problems (microtransactions, giving away free experience the wilderness, and even now releasing the toggle). It's a company and they have to profit, but more especially because their venture capitalists, IVP, won't give them another round of funding if they don't profit, which might result in the game genuinely being dead. In the end, Jagex doesn't owe us shit, so people that complain and hate the game should really stop playing. EVERYTHING in life gets old, you do neither the community or yourself any good by continuing to play a game you no longer enjoy.

Yeah, the community is fed up with Jagex and they might not deserve an ounce of forgiveness for anything now, at least they're trying. At least we still have something to enjoy. And maybe we can sit out this toggle just like we did throughout the wilderness removal, Bounty Hunter, EP, etc. Like we always have.

Btw, I'm not speaking against or for anyone. You're entitled to your own opinion, just hopes this shed a new light.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Al

Quote from: Owen on February 16, 2013, 10:22:17 AM
Quote from: Al on February 16, 2013, 08:56:21 AM

That's the thing though, I reckon a big portion of people that are currently still playing EOC will play 2007, get bored, then cancel their entire membership

That's true and you're right. The whole "Omfg this game is so shit they have to bring back an older version of the game" thing. Some people are just gonna get pissed and be like "Man fk this shit!"

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

This Babylon

could you guys stop being so negative nancy and raining on a parade i have been waiting on for years please

Jesse

It appears regardless of your standpoint, the servers are coming back. I guess we should make a new topic on how we are going to handle it, eh?

Ts Stormrage

I can shed some light on that...

The eggheads at Tip.it did some calculations, and they are projecting that, given that the current voting trend continues, the vote ends up at somewhere just short of 210k.
Usually, just before a poll closes, there is a slight bump in numbers, but that still means that 2007-enthusiasts need to pull 35k-40k votes out of their ass...

That is, if they want to pay $5 instead of $15

Given that 500k votes isn't even anywhere in sight at this point (but tuesday morning we'll know more, as the non-weekend people will then start to put their vote in), it's not going to be free at all...

This, combined with having to start over COMPLETELY, as well as deal with antiquated training methods, and fighting for training spots as well, confirms what I already thought...
This content is deader than the Wild...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

BeeBee

Quote from: Jesse on February 17, 2013, 05:32:27 AM
It appears regardless of your standpoint, the servers are coming back. I guess we should make a new topic on how we are going to handle it, eh?
If it's $15 the easy way for the clan to handle it is by not migrating #

PineappleTom

Some people will like it. Some people won't. Get over your opinions and let this thing progress - whether it happens or not.