• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Who watched the osrs clan tournament??

Started by Faraday122, August 19, 2015, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faraday122

I watched the whole thing... wow some of those players were very good at pking.  It was interesting to see the same gear getting used over and over again - either max mage for ice barrage or armadyl for tank gear.  Very little melee was used apart from AGS spec and D spears.  Sometimes a team would have 1 guy on lunars who would venge all of his team mates.  There was lots of team work going on. 

Taibz

Fun fact: Wiggled was once a WG member (If my memory serves me right).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mojo

Yeh I watched a little bit. Thought the whole set up of it was impressive. I liked the commentary they had on top of it and the mod tools for seeing what hp people were on.

Has the final happened?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Lordsamm

Quote from: Mojo on August 19, 2015, 12:37:41 PM
Yeh I watched a little bit. Thought the whole set up of it was impressive. I liked the commentary they had on top of it and the mod tools for seeing what hp people were on.

Has the final happened?

Yeah, it was sunday when we were raiding :P

I CE Y

I knew the Abusement Park would dominate from the get go. Wiggled and Swede Badass alone are just too fricking good at what they do.

Faraday122

Quote from: Taibz on August 19, 2015, 12:37:04 PM
Fun fact: Wiggled was once a WG member (If my memory serves me right).

Cool!

I don't know that much about pking but the tournament actually raised a few questions that you guys might be able to answer for me. 

Why was melee so insanley underused?  I know that one of the clans had a guy with a whip exploiting the fact that you can only protect against one style at a time quite a bit, but for the most part it was just magic and ranged.  The only times melee were used was the AGS spec being brought out every now and then for one hit, and then back to magic and ranged. 

Considering that if you max everything except strength and attack you will have something like 108 cb, it strongly suggests that melee gets way more powerful than magic and ranged at high levels (since apparently it evens out to being as effective as 99 magic or ranged when you have 75 attack and strength according to the combat formula)

Second question:  Not a single dbow was used.  Why is that?  Not to mention no void, no chinchompas, everything was very limited actually.  Considering that they want to bring aubury and rigour into the game when the best players already think that melee is underpowered at high levels im not quite sure what is going on. 

Taibz

Void has no defence. Chinchompas are only good if there's about 6 people in a clump (within a 3x3). Dbow requires a high ass range bonus to actually be useful. Better to just bring an ags or spear.

Melee isnt underpowered. It's just not as good in multi pvp. Range can hit alot higher than melee with their enchanted bolts. Diamond e special goes around the ranged defence, basically shooting at a naked guy. Dragon e wasnt used at all due to dfs, anti fires, mage protect. Onyx e can hit hard as balls. Basically you want KO potential. Hence the only melee weapon you use is the AGS. Melee people can also just be frozen and they wont be able to hit anyone.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mojo

And regarding no d bow I think people prefer the spear spec and AGS specs. They are better specs for a 5v5.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Fez Serket

The tournament was really amazing to watch. I'm hoping next year it gets bigger and the cash prize is more for the winners. Also who knows, maybe it'll give RS more views and more people might come into the game to PK in a competitive way!