• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

They are coming back: 2007 Servers

Started by Mojo, February 13, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asuming the Old RS servers are coming back (you start at level 3), which would you play?

2007 Servers only
Both servers
Current Servers only
Neither

Wind_Arcus

Quote from: Kung_Man149 on February 14, 2013, 06:21:42 AM
All I'm gathering from this, is a clan wide split.
Some will go to EoC and some will go to Server '07...That would completely split WG apart.

Runescape is splitting apart.

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Ts Stormrage

It wont split the clan... I have ideas to prevent it...

But I'm with gene on this one when he says that this isnt going to be a lasting thing...

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on February 14, 2013, 12:48:52 AM
Quote from: Kez on February 14, 2013, 12:45:21 AM
Quote from: This Babylon on February 14, 2013, 12:40:45 AM
Quote from: His Lordship on February 14, 2013, 12:34:36 AM
I'd rather see Bush back in office than WG members on oldscape.
Bush was a great man
Hitler did nothing wrong
North Korea is a great country to live in.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

PineappleTom

Elyxiatic

I'm in agreement with Gene here.

The game was my childhood. My childhood is in the past. I've grown through rs, as many of us have, but a good memory is all it really is. You can't be 15 again, grinding out those countless hours after school. Lots of us have jobs now, we've moved on in our lives, and while bringing back rs is a nice thought, it won't bring back our youth.

Technology has advanced significantly through the past 6 years, and what seemed like a great use of your time back then simply isn't now.

One of my fondest memories is discovering the WG (and more broadly the clan) community back in 2006. That experience can't be relived, its already happened, we know how the story ends.

Shinhwa

I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's OPTIONAL so why not just vote and help the people who want it?
Maybe they see more people getting Maxed out and actually COMPLETING their Completionists cape and is trying to keep them interested in the game buy having them be #1 on the new servers.
It doesn't matter if you're for it or not everyone's right, I just don't see why you can't vote and help the people who want to play back in the old school days.

Al

I'm completely with Gene and Abs on this one. Except the part of "never" stepping into it. I'll probably check it out just to visit, but it'll probably end up like Classic or something lol. I remember logging onto classic like twice and never logged in again. It's like a time machine though, interesting to see what it was when you first played it.

I think its daft when people judge me when I say I enjoy EoC. Both the old wilderness and combat system and the new EoC have its pros and cons. You can debate all day long on which one's better, but one thing's for sure. There's only one system you can move forward with.

I enjoy the new fluid graphics, and more complex system, it makes it more fun. However, EoC PvP does not equal wilderness. Jagex dealt the final knockout blow to the wilderness with the toggle.

Idk what makes you guys think its going to be great and so much better. The wilderness was already dead before EoC. RS "died" when Jagex removed the wilderness and free trade. The damage can't be repaired. I'm 100% sure it isn't going to be the same as what you thought it'd be, or what it was before they removed it.

Why train and make money all over in a fakescape?
What's the point of fighting in the wilderness if it's not the real RS?
Why even bother to post a victory or win?

I think it's all hunger for nostalgia tbh. I'm not saying anything cause I was there too. I was also devastated by removal of wildy, and longed for it to come back, and after that longed for the old clan pvp world to come back. But we can't go back. We can only move forward.

edit: @Jean

Quote from: Shinhwa on February 14, 2013, 09:10:16 AM
I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's OPTIONAL so why not just vote and help the people who want it?
Maybe they see more people getting Maxed out and actually COMPLETING their Completionists cape and is trying to keep them interested in the game buy having them be #1 on the new servers.
It doesn't matter if you're for it or not everyone's right, I just don't see why you can't vote and help the people who want to play back in the old school days.

Well for multiple reasons. One, because it can divide the pvp clan world up again. Or all of RS for that matter, making things worse than they seem to be. Two, because its a backwards approach to advancing and fixing the wilderness. Three, not only can it divide the playerbase up, it might divide clans up.

I can imagine people going back to this version, and then people on the current version would be left out. And then people on the current version start complaining, and then a whole war starts. Oldscape vs. Newscape. It's already like this with servers.

O and one last thing, like Gary said. Generations of scapers. We were all young teens and kids when oldscape was around. We're now in uni, have jobs, married, at the least in high school. Why would the new generation go to an older version of scape? It'd be like me going back to classic (I started in 05/06).
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Al

Anyways, that all being said it doesn't mean I won't vote to support. Just my opinion, you're entitled to yours. It's like gay marriage. We can all be happy.

## y not
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Rammstein

Quote from: Al on February 14, 2013, 10:04:33 AM
I'm completely with Gene and Abs on this one. Except the part of "never" stepping into it. I'll probably check it out just to visit, but it'll probably end up like Classic or something lol. I remember logging onto classic like twice and never logged in again. It's like a time machine though, interesting to see what it was when you first played it.

I think its daft when people judge me when I say I enjoy EoC. Both the old wilderness and combat system and the new EoC have its pros and cons. You can debate all day long on which one's better, but one thing's for sure. There's only one system you can move forward with.

I enjoy the new fluid graphics, and more complex system, it makes it more fun. However, EoC PvP does not equal wilderness. Jagex dealt the final knockout blow to the wilderness with the toggle.

Idk what makes you guys think its going to be great and so much better. The wilderness was already dead before EoC. RS "died" when Jagex removed the wilderness and free trade. The damage can't be repaired. I'm 100% sure it isn't going to be the same as what you thought it'd be, or what it was before they removed it.

Why train and make money all over in a fakescape?
What's the point of fighting in the wilderness if it's not the real RS?
Why even bother to post a victory or win?

I think it's all hunger for nostalgia tbh. I'm not saying anything cause I was there too. I was also devastated by removal of wildy, and longed for it to come back, and after that longed for the old clan pvp world to come back. But we can't go back. We can only move forward.

edit: @Jean

Quote from: Shinhwa on February 14, 2013, 09:10:16 AM

Well for multiple reasons. One, because it can divide the pvp clan world up again. Or all of RS for that matter, making things worse than they seem to be. Two, because its a backwards approach to advancing and fixing the wilderness. Three, not only can it divide the playerbase up, it might divide clans up.

I can imagine people going back to this version, and then people on the current version would be left out. And then people on the current version start complaining, and then a whole war starts. Oldscape vs. Newscape. It's already like this with servers.

O and one last thing, like Gary said. Generations of scapers. We were all young teens and kids when oldscape was around. We're now in uni, have jobs, married, at the least in high school. Why would the new generation go to an older version of scape? It'd be like me going back to classic (I started in 05/06).

There is no P2P clan world. If anything this will reboot the clan world.

Asaad

Quote from: His Lordship on February 14, 2013, 12:34:36 AM
I'd rather see Bush back in office than WG members on oldscape.
I understand what your saying. Went too far though.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Asaad

Was in the midst of switching pages when it unlocked.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

IlIScottIlI

Quote from: His Lordship on February 13, 2013, 06:20:06 PM
8. Not going to believe that a 2007 wilderness will be much better than a 2013 wilderness, given how small the clan world is.
2013 wilderness is almost non existant.... not gonna be very hard for 2007 wilderness to beat 2013 imo

Kung_Man149

Since nobody is fucking listening, I'll try again.

There's a reason migrating back to 2007Scape would be good for us and the clan world at least.
Sure, like Al said, we're all married or in college, highschool or working and that's fine.
But, PKing/warring still remains and it's the majority reason most of us play for anyway.
With the EoC, that's nearly gone, clans are dying left and right, no one is PKing at any given hour.
The 07 servers will actually give our fucking clan name a meaning again. Sure, you'll have to put some time into your accounts again, so what? It's not like all of you can't spare an hour of your lives at least.
Shit, if this does go through, I'll be happy to at least give my account 1 hour's time just to be able to play RuneScape in its purest form again and actually enjoy the wilderness.

P.S: Our name shouldn't even BE Wilderness Guardians anymore, it should officially be CWA Guardians.
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

SquelchyFish

There's a lot of opinionated and heated banter going on in here.

Can you guys talk objectively rather than just telling people to roll in shit etc

Whilst some of the posts may have made me at least re evaluate my view - it will be what it will be and decisions regarding WG will need to be made when the outcome of this is clear. Otherwise this whole trollpost will appear again in a month when "things" have to be "sorted".

I don't want to sound like a fucking peace activist but jesus shit, just because it's your opinion doesn't make everyone else a massive faggot who is wrong.
Maybe it will be great and we will bask in nostalgia whilst having a fun time OR maybe it will open the door into our memories and completely devestate them beyond all repair, maybe it will split WG OR maybe it will start a new era of activity. Maybe it will make Jagex loads of money OR maybe it will be a horrific investment decision in an already trying time.

IT SURE IS CONJECTURE IN HERE

Rammstein

I got a few questions

1. Will the graphics be the same as the ones in 2006-7 ?
2. Will weapons such as claws, godswords, etc be inserted ?
3. Will summoning and all other post 2007 skills be implemented

Mojo

Rammstein, it will be exactly as it was on August 10th 2007. No extra gear/monsters or anything else will be added.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Owen

Things to consider:

- starting from level 1 stats (I was already maxed by this point and the fastest exp/h was bandits @ 60k/h with max gear
- economy (there is gonna be no rune, gp or other items in the game, whereas in 2007 there was already an abundance of all of that from the 5+ years of previous gameplay)

The first month or more will be entirely self sufficient, without any form of trading (which by the way has to be done without the GE)

I predict 6 months before rune wars are a common sight, by which point most people will probably have got bored of retraining to 100+ combat and steel wars.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Ts Stormrage

Whatever happens...

I have an idea that will prevent WG from splitting in 2 :)
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Owen

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on February 14, 2013, 06:53:31 PM
Whatever happens...

I have an idea that will prevent WG from splitting in 2 :)

Yeah you've said that about 5 times on this topic, either post it or stop saying it.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Kung_Man149 on February 14, 2013, 06:21:42 AM
All I'm gathering from this, is a clan wide split.
Some will go to EoC and some will go to Server '07...That would completely split WG apart.
Some of us (like me) haven't logged in for months except for clan events. 2007-era RuneScape would bring me back a little bit, given that f2p is back (unlikely :\).

Quote from: Rammstein on February 14, 2013, 05:09:48 PM
I got a few questions

1. Will the graphics be the same as the ones in 2006-7 ?
2. Will weapons such as claws, godswords, etc be inserted ?
3. Will summoning and all other post 2007 skills be implemented
Yes no no.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Colinwarrior

In no way am I going to play again like I did back in 06-07. I just don't have that kind of time or patience to retrain all my levels and such. (although it would be easier for me, cuz my levels were crap :>)

But if this does come back. I might actually buy membership and check it out for old time's sake. For nostalgia's sake.

It will never be like it was. For me, what made 2006-2007 so great was the culture and atmosphere of WG and the clan world as a whole. That will never come back. Most people have grown up and moved on with their lives, and RS isn't popular with kids like it used to be. RS is becoming antiquated and not drawing in a new audience.

What I'm trying to say is...if it does come back...we should all just give it a try for shits and giggles and not take everything so seriously (some people's opinions on this topic are frighteningly steadfast)

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Asaad

Quote from: Colinwarrior on February 14, 2013, 07:50:45 PM
In no way am I going to play again like I did back in 06-07. I just don't have that kind of time or patience to retrain all my levels and such. (although it would be easier for me, cuz my levels were crap :>)

But if this does come back. I might actually buy membership and check it out for old time's sake. For nostalgia's sake.

It will never be like it was. For me, what made 2006-2007 so great was the culture and atmosphere of WG and the clan world as a whole. That will never come back. Most people have grown up and moved on with their lives, and RS isn't popular with kids like it used to be. RS is becoming antiquated and not drawing in a new audience.

What I'm trying to say is...if it does come back...we should all just give it a try for shits and giggles and not take everything so seriously (some people's opinions on this topic are frighteningly steadfast)

Who are you kidding, you go to Western.  Must have all the time lawlawlawlawlawl :3
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Colinwarrior

Quote from: Asaad on February 14, 2013, 09:19:52 PM
Quote from: Colinwarrior on February 14, 2013, 07:50:45 PM

Who are you kidding, you go to Western.  Must have all the time lawlawlawlawlawl :3

NO U #

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

DZ

Can I plz be leader of WG2007scapeclan

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years