• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

They are coming back: 2007 Servers

Started by Mojo, February 13, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asuming the Old RS servers are coming back (you start at level 3), which would you play?

2007 Servers only
Both servers
Current Servers only
Neither

His Lordship

LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL
That has to be the funniest thing you've ever posted!!!!

Rarely do I chuckle IRL at the internet.

Marktonikkle

Guess who's attention you just caught.
I am most definetely intrigued.

His Lordship

Owen

Quote from: Marktonikkle on February 14, 2013, 10:34:29 PM
Guess who's attention you just caught.
I am most definetely intrigued.

How?

Who unexiled?

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

This Babylon

Only 13 percent of people in the poll say so far they want to play newscape only. Thats not split, thats pretty much a landslide in 07 servers, i could see the old school clan world making a slight comeback in this sence, because there are loads of people that hate eoc, enough that they had to do this in the first place.The fact is, eoc is a horrible combat system, with little to no risk in single without the wildy. Older scape is the game i love, not this new shit. hell, i would still max in newscape to war with you guys (thats if people war in newscape) But the older days have my heart truly, i want the satisfaction again of training at 30k per h at spiders and getting that stat. idk about you guys, but this is something ive wished for for a while. i nerd out over this shit. anyways, enough of my rant.

BeeBee

Most of the old clan world won't come back though. They are long gone.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

This Babylon

meh, there will be a small playerbase at least.

His Lordship

Enough to make the wilderness awesome?
Nope.
At least solo PKing would be good when people work their way up to runite ores...
OH WAIT, NO IT WON'T BECAUSE YOU'LL STILL BE PKING IN ADDY AND MITHRIL!!!!

LOL GF
GF
GF

His Lordship

When did you start playing sir?
Do you remember all this about 2007:

1. A lot of shit, like cooking fish, is done click by click
2. There is no GE, you're standing in a market shouting for what you want and if you want something obscure, you'd better pay through the nose for it.
3. No Summoning or Dungeoneering - meh I don't mind this so much
4. Glitches galore that they won't fix, but if you exploit them you'll get perm banned.
5. The run system is fucked. You'll end up running backwards if you want to go forward.

I could go on if you still think it was better than it is now.
You're just nostalgic.

BeeBee

Quote from: His Lordship on February 14, 2013, 11:35:16 PM

2. There is no GE, you're standing in a market shouting for what you want and if you want something obscure, you'd better pay through the nose for it.

Although I agree on the nostalgia point.
No GE is a positive for me. I enjoyed standing in w2 Fally park merching my way up. Things weren't as accessible, so gear was not received in a greater bulk.
Summoning meant you could live forever and made p2p easy of stink. Yakking it back, and basically carrying an extra inventory or two in your BoB meant people lasted way too long.
DG just allowed people to one item with C Maul in p2p. Although I can agree with you in regards of F2P, making it much more enjoyable in f2p, but are they bringing out f2p servers?

Note: I'm neutral here.

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mojo

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on February 15, 2013, 12:15:36 AM

Although I agree on the nostalgia point.
No GE is a positive for me. I enjoyed standing in w2 Fally park merching my way up. Things weren't as accessible, so gear was not received in a greater bulk.
Summoning meant you could live forever and made p2p easy of stink. Yakking it back, and basically carrying an extra inventory or two in your BoB meant people lasted way too long.
DG just allowed people to one item with C Maul in p2p. Although I can agree with you in regards of F2P, making it much more enjoyable in f2p, but are they bringing out f2p servers?
over 500k votes and they said they'd have a F2P version.

edit: 750k votes, my bad! o_O
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

IlIScottIlI

most rune items wont coome into game from smithing but from monster drops.... or bought from shops.. you can buy a rune pl8 in edgeville and full rune with chain from champions guild only things not buyable from shops will be hard to obtain like whips and other monster drop only items or high lvl player madee only items like furys

the biggest reasonon i wanna play is because im growing bored of rs lately and been trying to find another game to play and i think playing scape from scratch doing the game with very little assistance from others could be fun.

This Babylon

4. Glitches galore that they won't fix, but if you exploit them you'll get perm banned.
5. The run system is fucked. You'll end up running backwards if you want to go forward.

You're just nostalgic.
started in 05 m8, played 3 accounts, been banned twice, babylon was actually my account that i fucked around on when i was muted or whatever, i used to lure alot, scam like a mo (kids will be kids).

Robertwb69

They already took too long with this update. Old runescape will never be old runescape again.

Fuls

God people are retarded. Everyone's just going to play it to realize how shit 2007 actually was then realize their mistakes come back and actually appreciate the game a lot more.

PineappleTom

I think starting from level 1, self-sufficient, is quite a cool idea. Although I won't play.

SquelchyFish

You're just nostalgic.

Seeing as we are actually now just being un objective as fuck, I'm going to savagely support 2007 scape on this thread

1. I LIKED cooking fish click by click, stringing bows click by click, mining the hard way etc. I EARNED my levels. EOC came out and all my years of hard work were thrown away by kids getting 99s in 1/4 of the time because of updates for the lazy.
2. Market trading is so much better. It's like real life, you can merchant effectively, make judgements based on your own intellect rather than what the game FORCES you to sell/buy for. There's an element of risk.
3. Yes, those skills suck, especially pokemon.
4. Not really an issue, EOC is ruined by bots. If enough votes are taken there will be a development team. Not that the current EOC team can even sort out their current shit making this a moot point.
5. I still do that in EOC. Shitty java game.

I honestly think that you are angry because its belittling all your past achievements. So am I, I don't and probably wont want to get 99 fishing again as it took up so much of my life in the old system. But I for one am looking forward to a chance at a second go KNOWING what we do now. Its going to be a real social economic experiment and i'm curious as to what will happen over the first months. Mith and Addy wars? Great. Won't this give others a chance to see first hand how WG was borne out of PK's wearing the very same? It's like the ghost of christmas past.

Will I max, probably not. Will I even play this much, probably not. Not that I don't want to, it's just a lot is going on in real life. In my retirement I will play things like this all day every day until the day I perish. Sometimes I question your motives in your ruthless assault against 2007scape Gene as you can't commit to it either for the very same reason. We just need to bite the pillow and relax, it's coming regardless of how much we squirm.

Owen

I'm not even exaggerating, this will probably be the death blow for Jagex/Runescape, if it gets it's own development team.

It'll flourish for a few months, then turn into classic.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Kung_Man149

Quote from: Owen on February 15, 2013, 12:37:52 PM
I'm not even exaggerating, this will probably be the death blow for Jagex/Runescape, if it gets it's own development team.

For being an antiquated game, Classic's doing very well despite not being advertised as much and pretty much hidden from the main site.
Your argument is invalid, sir.
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

Jesus

Quote from: Kung_Man149 on February 15, 2013, 01:02:20 PM

For being an antiquated game, Classic's doing very well despite not being advertised as much and pretty much hidden from the main site.

How are you still a soldier, go train noob

Rick

As someone who has stood by F2P PvP since 2005, I would say now is the time to ditch it and focus on P2P. Jagex have offered too much incentives to become P2P and consequently means there will never be fresh meat entering the F2P scene.

Since the release of EOC, a lot of you seem to have forgot or chose to ignore the promised Wilderness update:

QuoteIn the fourth live Q&A session, it was mentioned that there will be updates to the Wilderness to try and get more skillers into the wilderness, such as better resources. It was specifically mentioned that there would be an improvement on the agility return from the Wilderness Agility Course.

With two new upcoming skills it is plausible Jagex could make the Wilderness offer big rewards again. Sure it would be under the light of EOC, but it was the chaos of activity which initially made the Wilderness enjoyable.

Nevertheless, I will of course vote, but don't give up completely on 2013.

Owen

Yep, doing great.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Asaad

Quote from: Owen on February 15, 2013, 01:59:30 PM

Yep, doing great.

That's a good day not to mention. Always averaged 40 people on w2.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

BeeBee

#rs2007

.2007 to see the vote count. (In #rs2007)