• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Mod MMG on Micro-Payments

Started by Mojo, March 26, 2014, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Full post here: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/mod-mmg-on-runescape-micro-payments

Discussing why they have micro-payments, the recent drama with Silverhawk Boots and future plans for micro-payments.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Owen

Honestly, I'm fully okay with micropayments. Very rarely (ie Silverhawk Boots) does an item acquired through Solomon's/SoF give someone a noticeable, tangible advantage over anyone. Runescape is NOT a 'pay to win' game at all, anyone with any nuance of the games mechanics including shilling can surpass the exp rates offered by spending tons of cash on treasure hunter.

If micro payments for non-game changing, cosmetic or minor convenience items is what it takes to keep this game alive and keep the quality of the content high (I don't think anyone will disagree with the quality of content over the past year or so is arguably the highest standard ever).  I'm absolutely fine with that.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Wizard

I don't see anything wrong with it right now, yes they've fucked up a few things and yes they've fixed them, and some things are still questionable but overall life/game goes on, so win win.

Sugax

Just add Silverhawk feathers to be obtainable through like The Pit or Brimhaven Agility Dungeon. Bam everyone stops raging

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]