• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Combat Req. out loud thoughts.

Started by I love 99177, April 29, 2014, 07:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love 99177

These are my stats. I am 74 (.25) combat.

I calced 99 range in a old school combat calculator and it says the highest combat I could be is 83.  As I understand the min. combat req. for the guards now is 90.

I am mainly a range/mage void pure. (got 43 by accident, so I went to 45 so I could wear fremmy helms).

Anyway.  With my account my goals are basically 99 range/mage/str/hp and  50 attack 45 def.

But I'm only training range and mage for now, so for anytime in the near future without taking a substantial loss and power grinding 99 range; I'll only be about 75-80 combat.

I was hoping to join the wildy guards again as I have been training this account pretty well over the last couple months; but I think the way I've made my account I won't be able to make the combat req.  Not at least anytime soon.  Just my thoughts; let me know what you think.
:woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

Mojo

Problem for you is that we generally don't accept pures or people below 60 def because tanking is a lot harder at those levels.
Also you don't really have a decent second style of attack with those stats. If someone prays ranged then you won't be hitting much.
If you do reach 90 and our reqs are still at that we can consider whether to accept you at that point. The reqs are not set in stone except for 90 cmb.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

I love 99177

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on April 29, 2014, 07:48:50 PM
Problem for you is that we generally don't accept pures or people below 60 def because tanking is a lot harder at those levels.
Also you don't really have a decent second style of attack with those stats. If someone prays ranged then you won't be hitting much.
If you do reach 90 and our reqs are still at that we can consider whether to accept you at that point. The reqs are not set in stone except for 90 cmb.
It's not like I'm a 1 def pure, most high level rangers are made to be snipers, no?

Brent147

The issue stands that you would not be able to sufficiently tank most any opposition. We do understand pures, and value their efforts in the wilderness, but we need fighters that can effectively switch between multiple styles. If you considered getting 65 defense, it would likely bump your combat stats to 90+, making it much easier for you to join the community. As Mojo said, outside of 90 combat, our combat requirements are not set in stone.
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

Wizard