• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

RS3 Combat Improvements

Started by Al, January 24, 2014, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/combat-improvements-beta

No more need to spam-press abilities, special attacks coming back,

"We want to revive PvP in RuneScape, and will be starting with a collection of essential combat tweaks and rebalances. This will include changes to stun durations, incoming damage, PvP minigames and removing the global cooldown on weapon switching."

How will this affect the clan world, etc.? ##
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Quikdrawjoe

Probably nothing as clans will stay in OSRS.
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

Keith

Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on January 24, 2014, 01:31:30 PM
Probably nothing as clans will stay in OSRS.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Mister Kyle

If this turns out as good as it sounds (Which is never the case with Jagex) I might even consider trying to play again

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Al

Nothing will happen to 07 clans, sure, most are there because they didn't like EoC, but this'll definitely get more RS3 clans out?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Mojo

Nice to see PvP being looked at on both games :)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

RuneScape BTS 88: Combat Improvements

TBH; if it does what it says on the tin (and apparently it's not going to be released until almost everyone's happy about it), it's everything that everyone that ever quit the EoC to go play RS07 ever wanted...

IF WG wants to be at the forefront of this, we need people to start getting reacquainted with RS# as soon as possible...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Al

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on January 25, 2014, 01:14:40 AMIF WG wants to be at the forefront of this, we need people to start getting reacquainted with RS# as soon as possible...

nah ##

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Patty

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on January 25, 2014, 01:14:40 AM
TBH; if it does what it says on the tin (and apparently it's not going to be released until almost everyone's happy about it), it's everything that everyone that ever quit the EoC to go play RS07 ever wanted...

I thought that too. Read the comments to this video though Special attacks are coming back to RS3!
People still find so many ways to complain I fucking hate this community so much.

Ts Stormrage

Apparently people also don't know what a BETA is...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mister Kyle

Oh yeah I forgot about the general rs community nvm changed my mind

Al

Well if Jagex wants any chance at having people like Darth to come back then this is good. It's a start. Hopefully JUST the start, because from a faraway scope this is barely anything. They haven't even scratched the surface for RS3 wilderness, which is really the only thing that'll bring PvP back to the game. We've seen CWA, multiple eras actually, and it didn't last for long.

We are just now starting to fix combat, after what almost two years of EoC's beta and release? but faaaar away from PvP revival...just my opinion of course.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Moon Flash

hopefully this is gonna be good, I always enjoyed the specials but I like eoc more, but I'm open minded about this

Pacman Syu

Looks pretty neat, I don't mind anything I see. Probably not gonna ever log into the 'beata' though.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

RisingSpell

I'm hoping they will bring a spec to chaotic claws, cause it makes no sense to upgrade from a spec to not having a spec. :L