• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Slipknot1499 Intro

Started by Slipknot1499, August 07, 2011, 10:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slipknot1499

1. Is this introduction for the Wilderness Guardians or Descendant Guardians? Wilderness Guardians

2. Tell us about your RuneScape history and your account (e.g. when you started, what your RSN means, favourite activities etc.) :
I started off playing runescape in late 2003, when i reached about level 40 I got members and didnt really look around in clans that seriously  at that level, until one of my friends decided to make one, which I helped him with, i dont remember what the name was, it never really kicked off, we got around 10 people and pked a little bit had "specific skill officers". It was never anything serious, only something for low levels and young kids :). After that clan fell through, I noticed while I was using RuneHQ for quests that they had their own clan, I checked this out and it seemed to look really good compared to what I'd seen on the RSB, I applied and got accepted and was in TORC for about 5 months where I met more people who then went on to bigger clans with me becoming some future Di/Rot/Vr/DF members etc. After a while there was a huge arguement between the Runehq administrators and the clan leaders and there was a huge split between TORC where about 50 members left to make a new clan Scarlet Empire, this was alright, but it was more of a social clan and didnt really go much together in the form of pking, which i really wanted to get into so after a few months I left and went to The Futures to get a taste of bigger clans while I was still at a lower combat level of around 90, I stayed in TF for a good length of time through the end of the Phobia rivalry. While I was in TF, Pest control got released... this cause a upsurge of <insert comment here> who cant do anything but pc to get into the top clans brining about loads of higher level people, but i was completely against it, so have never really done pest control and trained other ways bandits woop woop or chaos bolting steel drags to 92 mage lol... During this time i really experienced proper clan pking and the whole aspect of fighting and returning, piles, spamming etc, I was having a really great time, but then when i was 1 or 2 combat levels off joining 'The', i realised that TF was stronger than 'The' and how inactive they were put me off. This alongside my desire to go back to p2p pking, I left and joined pretty much the first p2p clan I could find on rsc which looked pretty good and I had the levels to get into, this was dead on arrival. I was in DOA for a few months, but then they completely cancelled all pk trips during the few months around the clan wars competition thingy a few years back, and I didnt want to just have like 1 war every 2 weeks... it didnt seem right. So I decided to leave, After a few of the steel wars, I had started to speak to Suffocate v quite abit, and so when he first announced that he had split from DI and was forming the clan Celestial Knights where they would both p2p and f2p pk, I instantly signed up, where I met other p2p pkers such as ewhenn and quite a few of the other MB pkers and started to pk with them, I quickly became a solid member of the newly formed clan and got raised up to being a senior member, organising fall ins and rushes for pk trips and wars, like in the first capped war we had against titans. We attempted to p2p pk, but due to our lower members we couldnt compete against DI hunting us due to the rivalry between the members and so we started to give up, tried a few MB trips, but too many inexperienced and low level members so we started to stop doing that aswell, after that my enjoyment in the clan started to dramatically decrease, flaming started to increase among the clan members and my true joy of p2p pking was gone :( so i decided to leave again after looking around for some more clans, the clan I fell in love with was ROT, ofc I didnt say that I was going to be joining ROT due to the amount of anti-nohonour people in CK so I just said I was going to look for a p2p clan. A week later after having spoken in IRC quite abit, I applied for ROT in january 2007, advancing to become a member and being in ROT until june when i was doing my GCSE exams when I decided to take a break to revise, which didnt work, after the exams had finished I came back again and pked with ROT more until the end of August, by this time I had gotten my results and made a promise to myself that due to getting grades I didnt really like knowing that I could have done better made me decide to quit runescape, this was a few months before the old wilderness got removed.

Over the last year or so, I have returned "casually" to runescape, and only in the last month and a half have I started playing properly again. Although due to growing up, my outlook is completely different towards clans, and gaming in general. I'm more interested in the social side of the game now, moreso than the 'hardcore' side. I'm fed up with all the new ego's on rsc and tbh I just want to play the game for fun, doing whatever events, and even though I was Rot, and I know you've always had this rivalry, I've always respected you, as WG is in my eyes a clan similar in ethos to that of 'The' and gladz and that is what appeals to me now.

3. Tell us more about yourself (Age, country/state, gender, hobbies, music, skills, likes and dislikes):
Hi, my names Nick :), im 20 years old (nearly 21) and I live in Northampton, UK. I'm just about to move out to go to University to do Biology + Biochemistry. I don't have a huge amount of hobbies tbh lol, I enjoy spending time with friends (only major committment to time) and reading fantasy novels (Wheel of Time series is my favourite).

4. How did you hear about us and what makes you want to join WG or DG:
I first heard about WG about 6 years ago? When watching some war videos in TF and I watched 'The's recent war video of The vs Fear and WG which was hands down the most epic runescape video I've seen. I'm interested in joining Wg because I've been away from Runescape for a long time, and I'm just looking for friendly people to play the game with, do some events, dabble in abit of this and abit of that, a clan which just wants to play the game for fun and not get caught up in all the bull****.

5. Are there any current WG or DG members who you already know:
Nope.

6. Any additional comments:
I know that for some of you, my past clan's (Rot), may not be appealing for you, but i garantee you that "times have changed" and I hope that it does not weigh against me.

Thankyou for your time :)

jaredspurr

only way it will weigh against u is say every time we are out rot is there lol. we beleave  in giving people second chances so im sure you will be fine. that was a very long and detailed intro 

Wayshow

holy boogers that was a long and detailed intro lol
nice rs history :P
welcome to wg :)

Creeper975

Welcome, nice intro! Slipknot are awesome too :p

Slipknot1499

Quote from: jaredspurr on August 07, 2011, 01:04:06 PM
only way it will weigh against u is say every time we are out rot is there lol. we beleave  in giving people second chances so im sure you will be fine. that was a very long and detailed intro 

Haha dw, I'm not sure if I've even spoken to anyone from Rot for 4 years! And more than half the names on my friends list i dont recognise with all the name changes that have gone on...

Quote from: Wayshow on August 07, 2011, 01:31:39 PM
holy boogers that was a long and detailed intro lol
nice rs history :P
welcome to wg :)

haha yea, had some good times :)

Quote from: creeper975 on August 07, 2011, 02:23:55 PM
Welcome, nice intro! Slipknot are awesome too :p

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Mark

What a read lol.

Welcome to WG :)

I set the standard.

Vephy

Welcome, RoT spy unit ftw!

James

His Lordship

I hope you understand it's always a risk to accept RoT.
The reason you gave to leaving RoT is fair.
I do my very best not to hold peoples' past against them and there are easier ways to get spies into WG than to tell us you were in RoT.

I'll risk it and welcome you into WG. All the best with the app mate. I've looked at it already but no time right now to process it. Rachel will be on the case today for sure.

Rachellove9

Very nice intro and I have to agree the detail let me knows a lot about you.  I'm actually looking forward to meeting you.  One thing I find most interesting about ROT is when I visit the site they always have some little thing up about what WG is doing. 

Al

hey, welcome :)

very interesting rs history, i read the whole thing :D

and your name sounds familiar
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Slipknot1499

Quote from: His Lordship on August 09, 2011, 02:05:21 PM
I hope you understand it's always a risk to accept RoT.
The reason you gave to leaving RoT is fair.
I do my very best not to hold peoples' past against them and there are easier ways to get spies into WG than to tell us you were in RoT.

I'll risk it and welcome you into WG. All the best with the app mate. I've looked at it already but no time right now to process it. Rachel will be on the case today for sure.

I understand completely. No need to worry :P I won't let u down haha. Cheers

Haha thanks for all the comments everyone, nice to see you guys like my history lol

Fuxk Chaotic

Very interesting history haha

And nice to see members living in my region joining :D you live about 40 minutes drive away ^^

Spoke to you a little before you joined and we pked a little. You seem to be a good addition to the clan.

Hope you have fun and all the best
Current Corrupted Knights Member
Clan Europe Leader
Euphoria Member
No Intentions Member
Team Ninja Turtles Ending Member
Ex Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians
Ending Member of Red Dragon Knights
Ex Member of Ancient Fury