• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Release the Hipsters!

Started by His Lordship, September 02, 2013, 01:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

Post one (and only one) piece of music that you are in total love with.
The only condition is that it has to be largely unknown to most people, and part of a niche.
Some explanation as to why you like it would be appreciated... and no trolls please.
As the resident musical snob, I'll go first.

Feldman: "Rothko Chapel"

Why I like it:
It takes a while to get going, but once it does you enter this incredible state of trance.
You really have to be listening to all the tiny nuances about it though.
To me it's just so sci-fi.

Patty

Buckethead - Padmasana

Whenever I listen to this song I get lost in it, it has such a beautiful melody to it. As a guitarist Buckethead is one of my biggest influences :).

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Owen

City of Lions- Here is Love Lyrics

Why I Like it: It's catchy, uplifting and actually quite empowering (to me at least)

Where I heard it: A Frisbee/Basketball trickshot video (Actually totally worth watching for the epic-ness)

Greatest Game of HORSE Ever | Brodie Smith

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

`Lumby

I found this song through Lloyd's Facebook, he is a "Facebook Celebrity" with alot of followers.

Jamie Lee only just released his first album which is so underrated.

La La La cover Lloyd wilkinson & Jamie lee Harriso

BeeBee

Witch Hunt - Crawl

Saw these on the Leeds Introducing stage. Sound just as good live.
She looks better in real life too I think, can't confirm this because I was by no means sober.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Vio

Oh god, only one :3 umm...

Brian Tyler - Fate, Bangkok Dangerous

As far as Nicolas Cage movies go, I would honestly say Bangkok Dangerous was amazing.
This is the music from the ending scene, which was one of the only times a film has left me speechless.

It has special significance regarding myself and WG as well.

Armybuilder

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Zeth007

Best there is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04ILDXe3QE#ws

(I realized I don't know how to embed youtube videos to this kind of forum... OLD SCHOOL MEMBERS REPRESENT :fp: )

Mojo

Quote from: Zeth007 on October 03, 2013, 01:33:46 AM
(I realized I don't know how to embed youtube videos to this kind of forum... OLD SCHOOL MEMBERS REPRESENT :fp: )
did it for you :P

Solution is to simply not use https and use http and then just paste the link.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]