• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

runescape classic reopening

Started by night2walker, October 04, 2015, 03:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night2walker

ok guys it happend rsc is being reopend this time it maybe for good with a f2p

Lordsamm

I going to take look but not gonna play it. I just hope everybody has the same plan. Otherwise the community will be splitted again:S

night2walker

not really will just open 1 more game mode to play on the side i am going to do a classic only acc

btraill

O.O

Really? I need to see this in writing by Jagex. Is this official news?

Mojo

Quote from: btraill on October 04, 2015, 06:46:03 PM
O.O

Really? I need to see this in writing by Jagex. Is this official news?
I found a related reddit post here https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3neqg3/why_the_announcement_of_runescape_classic/
I believe it was announced at RuneFest.

On topic, I don't see many players doing more than dipping their noses into this as most players are fine with OSRS if they want a retro feel to RS.
I myself probably won't play as I already had access and rarely used it.
Also it is literally 95% bots.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

btraill

I think at the end of the day it's a smart decision on their side. Whether it splits a tiny fraction of the 07 community for a minor time... it doesn't really matter. It's all about that Runescape/Jagex brand affiliation for them right now. It is potential to bring in/back more players/ex players.

Darkscape
Oldschool
RS3
Classic

...damn.

Mojo

Quote from: btraill on October 04, 2015, 07:31:48 PM
I think at the end of the day it's a smart decision on their side. Whether it splits a tiny fraction of the 07 community for a minor time... it doesn't really matter. It's all about that Runescape/Jagex brand affiliation for them right now. It is potential to bring in/back more players/ex players.

Darkscape
Oldschool
RS3
Classic

...damn.
and add in Deadman mode, Ironman Mode, Hardcore Ironman and the hardcore version on OSRS and it gives a shit load of different playing variations to suit more people.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Lait_Choco

I'm going to take a look, but not gonna play it for too long. Just gonna roam around and explore the old runescape.

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

JKBichara

I don't think I'd wanna waste my time play RS Classic unless I was maxed in DS/OSRS already. haha