• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

I overdid it....

Started by Wayshow, July 06, 2013, 07:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayshow

After almost 2 months of no physical activity, I was dumb and decided to ask my tennis coach to make me play defensive (basically run around the court while I just put the ball back in play), and now I have a fever known as DOMS. Halp. How do I cure this nasty? :(

Lady Wildflame

Massage (foam roll / tennis ball rolling if you can handle the discomfort, normal massage otherwise), alternating hot/cold exposure (in the shower is easiest - the hotter and colder the better, provided you don't scald or get cramps xD); a hot bath with salts works wonders for me too. Hearty food - steak or similar. Heat gel works for some, not for me.

Thanks, Luke.

Owen

You man up and deal with it, jesus.

Fever?

DOMS is neither a sign of a) Overdoing it/Overtraining, or b) a good workout.

It is merely pain related to microtrauma in the muscles that your body will become used to over time.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Wayshow

T'was about 38 :( It seems gone after the hot bath though

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Josheh

Member since 8-8-8

Al

as an athlete i have to say if i'm not sore

i didn't get a workout

edit: oh, lol. just read about it. i've gotten something similar to this two times or more, recent one was from boxing (not training in a while). all times happened to my lungs. real painful, wheeze, hurted to breathe (hard, i guess).

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Wayshow

YumYumMix

the runescape workout dude