• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Anime Discussion!

Started by Mami Tomoei, October 04, 2013, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mami Tomoei

the author could definitely try and go the path of Full Metal Alchemist, of course there is suffering and hardships in the ending, but in the end all the main characters got what they wanted, however sacrificing something very significant ang gaining everlasting scars.

yingyang06

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on December 09, 2013, 05:32:42 AM
the author could definitely try and go the path of Full Metal Alchemist, of course there is suffering and hardships in the ending, but in the end all the main characters got what they wanted, however sacrificing something very significant ang gaining everlasting scars.

I agree and I don't, AoT is a Dark Anime (Much more than FMA), if they wanted any kind of happy yet dark ending the authors best bet is something like Shikibane Hime (Corpse Princess) or Tsukihime Lunar Goddess with a happy ending. He cannot kill off the 3 main characters (Misaka, Erin and Arwin) as they impact the Anime and Manga alot.
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Tayzon_Day

So, Log Horizon ep12 is out today, so i was wondering, what do u think about the anime so far (if u're watching it)?

I think it's good, not as good as some other but still pretty good.
The main character has got more interesting since they showed what he can do.
One thing that bothers me is that the patch for lvl 100 is out but no one is trying to reach it (except some of the best guilds), would be fun to see them actually having a goal like in SAO.

yingyang06

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on December 21, 2013, 12:57:58 PM
So, Log Horizon ep12 is out today, so i was wondering, what do u think about the anime so far (if u're watching it)?

One thing that bothers me is that the patch for lvl 100 is out but no one is trying to reach it (except some of the best guilds), would be fun to see them actually having a goal like in SAO.

I have yet to watch it personally but it sounds like it can get better, so I may give it a shot.
Freezing Vibrations on the other hand is getting much better and unlike the first season is keeping to the manga.

Also I don't know if anyone has noticed but alot of Harem animes were released for the Christmas period this year such as:

- Freezing Vibrations
- Golden Time
- White Album 2
- Infinite Stratos 2
- Nagi no Asakura
- Yuusubi
- Strike the Blood
- Outbreak Company
- Valve-rave the Liberator
- Walkure Romanze

So all in all alot more has been released over the last few months than any other point during the year.
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on December 21, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

I have yet to watch it personally but it sounds like it can get better, so I may give it a shot.
Freezing Vibrations on the other hand is getting much better and unlike the first season is keeping to the manga.

Also I don't know if anyone has noticed but alot of Harem animes were released for the Christmas period this year such as:

- Freezing Vibrations
- Golden Time
- White Album 2
- Infinite Stratos 2
- Nagi no Asakura
- Yuusubi
- Strike the Blood
- Outbreak Company
- Walkure Romanze

So all in all alot more has been released over the last few months than any other point during the year.

Harems sell Blue Ray dvds, its one of the most successful models for production studios to follow, as it has the least risk for the project, financial wise.

Tayzon,
I believe you can only get exp from killing monsters 5 lvls under your current level, and everything is much much more difficult because of the change in user interface and real life action that people are not leveling at all. Also factor in, level scaling, it takes an exponential amount of exp each time you want to level up.

Tayzon_Day

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on December 23, 2013, 04:01:05 AM
Quote from: yingyang06 on December 21, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

- Freezing Vibrations
- Golden Time
- White Album 2
- Infinite Stratos 2
- Nagi no Asakura
- Yuusubi
- Strike the Blood
- Outbreak Company
- Walkure Romanze

Harems sell Blue Ray dvds, its one of the most successful models for production studios to follow, as it has the least risk for the project, financial wise.

Tayzon,
I believe you can only get exp from killing monsters 5 lvls under your current level, and everything is much much more difficult because of the change in user interface and real life action that people are not leveling at all. Also factor in, level scaling, it takes an exponential amount of exp each time you want to level up.
Also, i realized after ep12 that they can not get quests since the people of the land are pretty much normal people now, and not just npc's. And im guessing quests give exp.

Mami Tomoei

End of 2013!!
√Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Animegraphy 2013 AMV

What were the best animes of 2013 for you? :]

mojo edit: fixed youtube link

mami edit: What if i wanted it to be a broken link?  O.o  Dammnit mojo i love to hate you <3

Tayzon_Day

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on December 29, 2013, 11:41:08 PM
End of 2013!!

What were the best animes of 2013 for you? :]

Since i kinda started watching animes seriously this year i watch a lot of old ones and not many 2013 releases.
The best animes ive seen this year is:
Angel Beats
Sword art online
Girl meets girl (including manga)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fairy Tail (CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW EPISODES IN 2014!)

All animes ive seen were really good but those are probably the best ones.

Sean

Sword Art Online Extra Edition Trailer

Sword Art Online Extra Edition trailer, airs tomorrow (December 31st).

Looks like it's a beach episode, not too keen on that (less boobs, more storyline plz). People are saying it will, in part, tie in to the next story arc/season of SAO though, so I'll probably watch it for that...

~ Former Elite of The Sabre Clan :: RuneFest 2010 & 2011 Attendee ~
~ Original Descendant Guardian :: Ex-Wilderness Guardian (2005-2006) ~

Tayzon_Day

Quote from: Sean on December 30, 2013, 07:47:54 PM

Looks like it's a beach episode, not too keen on that (less boobs, more storyline plz). People are saying it will, in part, tie in to the next story arc/season of SAO though, so I'll probably watch it for that...

HYPE!

yingyang06

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on December 30, 2013, 11:32:26 PM

HYPE!

It has not been confirmed that we will be seeing a GGO Story Arc as of yet, however who knows that will be at the end of the Special episode, they have the material and the fan backing now.
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on December 31, 2013, 01:32:50 AM
Quote from: Tayzon_Day on December 30, 2013, 11:32:26 PM

HYPE!

It has not been confirmed that we will be seeing a GGO Story Arc as of yet, however who knows that will be at the end of the Special episode, they have the material and the fan backing now.

Darn it cant be [spoiler]The Exacilbur side story, they dont have a certain extra female <3[/spoiler]

=) yay

Mami Tomoei

I'll leave this here

Also: Anime scorecard this year? :]

Biggest Disappointment -
Biggest Surprise -
Favorite MC -
Best Girl of the Season -
Favorite OP -
Favorite ED -
Your AoTY -

Biggest Disappointment - Coppelion..... this show had HUGE HUGE HUGE Hype... i dropped it after 3 episodes, it failed to hook me and keep me interested after 3 episodes...

Biggest Surprise - Attack on Titan, I had no idea this show had so much hype, but 2 episodes in, and i was HOOKED, damn and the most surprising thing is that most hype shows fall flat on enormous expectations. NOPE Shingeki no Kyojin pierced the heavens!

Favorite MC -  Issei Hyodo. This guy is a Legend! Screw the world over for senpai's Oppai!! Truely a god amongst men!

Best Girl of the Season - Setsuna Ogiso & Kazusa
Favorite OP - Railgun S2 OP
Favorite ED - Valvrave the liberator = Boku Janai ED
Your AoTY - Shinsekai Yori. A perfect blend of a scifi horror wrapped in masterful storytelling. Great show.
Honorable mentions: White Album 2, Zetsuen no Tempest, Shingeki no Kyojin

Tayzon_Day

Mami Tomoei

ye also SAO 2

hopefully they get to the part with absolute sword =).

Tayzon_Day

Just finished the SAO extra edition movie.
Almost 2 hours of awesomeness, mostly flashbacks but it made me remember all the epic stuff from SAO.

And the music.. MY GOD it's so good.

yingyang06

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on December 31, 2013, 11:13:54 PM
Almost 2 hours of awesomeness, mostly flashbacks but it made me remember all the epic stuff from SAO.

After the credits there is a Cut Scene as well, it shows the Internal Affairs dude calling Kirito, there's also the quest dialogue about not worrying about such and such just yet...
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Sean

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on December 31, 2013, 11:13:54 PM

Hmm I thought it was okay, I didn't really need to see a recap show given the fact that I rewatched the series fairly recently. :P

The last 20 or so minutes, however, were actually quite good. Really looking forward to the new season now. :)

~ Former Elite of The Sabre Clan :: RuneFest 2010 & 2011 Attendee ~
~ Original Descendant Guardian :: Ex-Wilderness Guardian (2005-2006) ~

Wizard

tl;dr @topic

but

mami, I need juu.

I'ved watched bleach, code geass, duraranaw/eyouspellit, death note, etc, but I'm at a loss on what to watch next.

Can you give me like a top 10 list of dubbed anime that is close to the type of anime like I just said? I need new seasons of stuff to watch :( I disliked subbed things because I can't understand what there saying and I refuse to read it all :S

Mami Tomoei

watch Space Dandy, it JUST came out, as in episode 1 just got released. I heard its fucking good, also dubbed

Wizard

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on January 09, 2014, 03:07:04 AM
watch Space Dandy, it JUST came out, as in episode 1 just got released. I heard its fucking good, also dubbed

http://eyeonanime.com/Space-Dandy/Space-Dandy-episode-1/5/

This...is retarded :)

Mami Tomoei

:D i havent watched it yet :D i will enjoy it when its past episode 3 :]

Novacore

MUST MUST watch attack on titan best anime of 2013

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: Novacore on January 09, 2014, 08:14:16 AM
MUST MUST watch attack on titan best anime of 2013

shin sekai yori was a gem this year =).

Attack on Titan for anime of the year mainstream tho, 110% agree

Tayzon_Day