• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

College Majors

Started by Al, June 13, 2013, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

What is or what was your major? Post your major and/or minor(s) below, along with why you chose it, and maybe if you're changing it?

Mine:

Currently at a 2-year college, majoring in business administration right now. Chose this major because I grew up watching and working at my dad's business, and hope to use it someday to help there. Next year, I want to work on major requirements to transfer into a kinesiology or human performance major at a 4-year uni, or double major/minor in either-or. Want to study the body and sports science because I originally always wanted to become a DOCTOR :fp: but I thought since I'm an athlete and I'm interested in medicine, it would be a good bridge to medical school. (If I decide to study for and apply to one after.)
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Asaad

Hey Al, respect for your decision. I'm personally majoring in bio and doing my premeds. 3 years to go.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Mojo

Things work a bit differently here, I don't totally understand how it works in the USA :P

Anyway, I'm studying Computer Science at university
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Creeper975

I'm studying mathematics at UNIVERSITY

Colinwarrior

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Wayshow

Originally wanted to do international relations, but realized its impracticality (if you are familiar with the situation of Taiwan, you'll understand), and now I'm planning on doing applied maths and economics/computer science

Asaad

Quote from: Wayshow on June 13, 2013, 09:25:28 PM
Originally wanted to do international relations, but realized its impracticality (if you are familiar with the situation of Taiwan, you'll understand), and now I'm planning on doing applied maths and economics/computer science
Good chinese boy. Do yo homewok and get off the games!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Lighten

I'm probably going to apply for either Software Engineering or Computer Science after Year 12 at University.

Mojo

Quote from: Asaad on June 13, 2013, 11:20:41 PM
Quote from: Wayshow on June 13, 2013, 09:25:28 PM
Good chinese boy. Do yo homewok and get off the games!
Calling Tim Chinese is like the biggest insult you can make to him ##
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Asaad

I apologize in advance Tim. <3
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Keith

I'm majoring in Geology, hope to get my masters after I finish up undergrad this coming year.

Chose it because rocks fuck yeah

Rachellove9

Well I tend to go to classes for fun.
Random classes are so much more enjoyable then when you have a major.

Al

Quote from: Asaad on June 13, 2013, 08:40:35 PM
Hey Al, respect for your decision. I'm personally majoring in bio and doing my premeds. 3 years to go.

DOCTOR :fp:

:)

Good luck dude. Don't give up. Unless you find something else.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Josheh

I've got one semester of my bachelors (undergrad) in biomedical science remaining, moving into my honours in a few months, working in cellular immunology.

Member since 8-8-8

Al

Quote from: Josheh on June 14, 2013, 03:42:03 AM
I've got one semester of my bachelors (undergrad) in biomedical science, moving into my honours in a few months, working in cellular immunology.

That sounds amazing dude. And you still manage to IRC and afk train in the laboratory lol.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Rachellove9

Quote from: Al on June 14, 2013, 07:44:47 AM
I've got one semester of my bachelors (undergrad) in biomedical science, moving into my honours in a few months, working in cellular immunology.

That sounds amazing dude. And you still manage to IRC and afk train in the laboratory lol.
Do you learn about the natural methods of healing as well?
I often wonder if they teach that some people tolerate herbs better than meds.

Josheh

Quote from: Rachellove9 on June 14, 2013, 12:01:37 PM
Quote from: Al on June 14, 2013, 07:44:47 AM

Do you learn about the natural methods of healing as well?
I often wonder if they teach that some people tolerate herbs better than meds.

I have one semester left** I need to edit that

@Rach, No,natural methods are taught in other courses, those degrees aren't recogonised as science at universities in aus, they aren't part of the science or even the nutrition departments. They lack any depth. Just to clear things up to anyone, Biomed isn't medicine, yes we do anatomy and phys, this course can be used to get into medicine but this is more of an in depth look at the pathophysiology of the body, it's systems, and diseases. We are researchers, I was persuaded to follow research (when I was gunning for medicine) when a professor said to me 'why save one life when you can save a million?'.

Member since 8-8-8

Shinhwa

It's okay to change your major, I think over 75% of college change their majors. It's better than just quitting.

I was fortunate enough to love mine in Hotel and Restaurant Management.

You've probably been told this but don't major something in Political Science unless you want a future with it.
Not saying anything bad about PoliSci majors but that tends to be what people choose just because they have no idea what they want to do.

Change your major that will help your career, some people tend to lose sight of that because they just want to finish school and say that they have a degree in something.

Armybuilder

Brit here
Ancient History at University

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Reece

Got my last exam ever for my Bachelor of Business majoring in Accounting on tuesday, maths nerd right hurr
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Jpoole806

Computer Information Systems at Louisiana Tech University, also AFROTC cadet pursueing a slot as a 2LT in the worlds greatest air force

Al

Quote from: Jpoole806 on June 30, 2013, 04:07:10 AM
Computer Information Systems at Louisiana Tech University, also AFROTC cadet pursueing a slot as a 2LT in the worlds greatest air force

Sounds legit! Good benefits from the military yeh?

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Jpoole806

Quote from: Al on June 30, 2013, 04:08:07 AM
Quote from: Jpoole806 on June 30, 2013, 04:07:10 AM

Sounds legit! Good benefits from the military yeh?

yeah bro gonna be living life good