• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Longboarding, anyone?

Started by Pacman Syu, July 23, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacman Syu

So instead of clogging up the IRL pictures thread I decided to make a whole new thread on the subject.

This is what I ride:

And here's my secondary board (for kicks and giggles):

However I'm out for a bit because of a longboard injury. Strained my MCL and got severe bone bruising on my upper left shin, some stitches in my right ankle because a little twig jabbed into my leg and got stuck there, and a 4" laceration to the back of my head. I had to get two layers of stitches on my head, one set of "deep" stitches and then some on top (you could see my skull! :O).

All worth it though! I'll be riding again ASAP!
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Bam

it's exactly the same board in both of the pics  :wtf:

PineappleTom

Oh nice one man! I really like how the second board looks - so identical to the first.

Kevin

Actually, if you look really closely, the grip tape on the board in the second picture is less torn up toward the back.
Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Pacman Syu

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Keith

Cruzer:

Pintail (fucking huge as you can tell):

Photos taken in my basement ## Also please note viking winter hat

IS THAT REALLY A DESK DRAWER HAHAHAHA

Pacman Syu

Keith, I can assure you that we'd be very, very good friends. And yes, it's a dresser drawer board  ^.^. I found a dresser in front of a house to get thrown out so I put it to good use. :woeh: It rattles like crazy though because the handle on the bottom, but it's awesome to kick up and grab like a briefcase and walk right into class.

Also, nipples!
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

Keith

haha that's so awesome, i'll have to come up with something creative to turn into a longboard...

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Pacman Syu

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

Wayshow

tangytotoro

Dope longboards!! I'll have to take a few pics of mine tomorrow! Nice drawer board! lol :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

WR3K SH0P

I have a arbor pintail that I scooot to and from the store on if I don't feel like driving. Also a random sector nine blunt board that I picked up for free. A couple of shortboards. One of them sector nine, the other I mmade in woodshop back in highschool. Haven't done anything crazy for a long timme. Just pushin around town.

LOVING! That drawer board. Imm gonna share that picture with some friends of mine :)

Pacman Syu

Went to the outer banks this past week and saw this bad boy..

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

WR3K SH0P

Wow, that looks like a wonderful cruiser. Who builds that?
Also have you had any experience with lonboard larry boards? I've heard really good things. My ex girlfriend prdered one but picked out the wrong measurements for herself so we never got to have a decent experience.

WR3K SH0P

This is gonna be my next purchase more than likely. Sometimes you don't want to put on shoes to go to the market? Problem solved.

Pacman Syu

Quote from: WR3K SH0P on August 11, 2012, 08:18:15 PM
Wow, that looks like a wonderful cruiser. Who builds that?
Also have you had any experience with lonboard larry boards? I've heard really good things. My ex girlfriend prdered one but picked out the wrong measurements for herself so we never got to have a decent experience.
I think it's just a custom board somebody made.
Longboard Larry boards are AWESOME. Here's a video of two of my close friends on a Holesome StreetSweeper (SS) and a LBL Komodo (both here: http://www.longboardlarry.com/boards/index.php).
Komodos and Sweepers

I prefer the Komodo over the SS by a long shot, but a lot of guys I know love the SS. The only downside of the Komodo is that it loses its flexiness after a while and doesn't get as much bounciness as it originally had. Personally, might next board might be a Komodo TT. Expect months for it to be made and shipped.

Quote from: WR3K SH0P on August 11, 2012, 08:29:49 PM

This is gonna be my next purchase more than likely. Sometimes you don't want to put on shoes to go to the market? Problem solved.
I know someone with one of these too, he keeps it really clean and it looks great. It weighs a ton though, so don't expect to do anything but cruise on it.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

beats

thats a sweet longboard,i used to be into it but ive moved on to BMX but while i did ride a longboard it was fun doing all those down hill streets almost crapping my pants by the time i hit the bottom...

Fuxk Chaotic

I don't longboard, but I skateboard.

Currently riding a basic Enuff deck as a replacement. Titaniums trucks, fracture wheels and bones reds bearings with colorful little buddies for bolts :3
Current Corrupted Knights Member
Clan Europe Leader
Euphoria Member
No Intentions Member
Team Ninja Turtles Ending Member
Ex Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians
Ending Member of Red Dragon Knights
Ex Member of Ancient Fury

PineappleTom

Not sure what's going on in here... I'll stay out

Mojo

a wardrobe handle with wheels o.O
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Pacman Syu

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Keith on August 23, 2012, 01:45:59 AM
Quote from: Pacman Syu on August 23, 2012, 01:43:15 AM
Quote from: Mojohaza1 on August 23, 2012, 01:23:47 AM
a wardrobe handle with wheels o.O
Loud. Creeky. Not optimal.
* Keith puts trucks on his xbox
If you power it somehow everyone would think you're a jet!
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

Wayshow

Just curious, what's the difference between longboarding and skateboarding :O