• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Golden gnome vid.

Started by redstormx1, August 15, 2011, 04:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redstormx1

Barrows Brothers [Golden Gnomes Video Awards 2011 Entry by Mino-Tauros] .. cool video . cant wait to see lordys , he will have alot of editing to do after last nights filming lol.

Mark

I set the standard.

JC

While the imagery is impressive..... half the film is pretty boring IMO, it's just one guy talking to you in a monotone.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

His Lordship

FUCKING CUNTLICKING LUMP OF SHIT FUCKFACE GENITAL BLISTER FAGGOTAUROS

Joey

-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Shinhwa

Gene has nothing to worry about they're both amazing.

redstormx1

yes the start of its boring and all it is really is some fancy graphics . im sure a good story line and good editing/filming would be able to beat it. .

Vephy

Both lol.  Tbh I think his narration and pacing are really off.  He did however put a lot in a year of crafting a good set and figures to animate.  The animation on itself is not all that high quality.  He used a year to make high quality set pieces that look cool.

I tell you pacing yourself over a year really pays off in your work though.

Vio

Yeah... that sucked ass.

Good points:
- Ending is good, I was wondering who he would actually turn out to be.

Bad points:
- It's 80% long and boring narration.
- He's incredibly monotone. I guarantee you someone will fall asleep watching 4 minutes of that at RuneFest.
- The narration sucks. There's no imagery or depth, and the language choice sounds like a 15 year old wrote it (and recorded it).
- Plot holes. Where does HIS armour go? Why did Ahrim, who shared his concern, fight him after all others were defeated?
- Action scene is nicely animated... but for 3 minutes spent talking up how awesome and amazing barrows is, they all get 1-hit by a guy -younger than all the others- with nothing more than weighted cuffs and bell-bottoms. It's retarded.

Gene may have some good competition, but this is nowhere near a threat.

His Lordship

I haven't even watched it. I'm too scared.

Mark

Quote from: His Lordship on August 15, 2011, 09:29:23 AM
I haven't even watched it. I'm too scared.
And your meant to be at work.

Tsk Tsk.

I set the standard.

redstormx1

Yeah it reminds me of last year , the story or plot is no deep at all just alot of fancy graphics. all his fan boys think he is better than the jagex graphics team . there working with a browser based java crap not what ever he uses .  the one hit fight scenes are a let down. i think there is always a big appeal to this because runescape graphics stink so if you show people a image of better graphics there like OMG imagine if the game was like that and forget about the story line ect hes kinda cheating :P tricking people , theres only 55seconds of it that i actually wanna watch .the fast forward to 2:20 video .

how does the voting system work. jagex gets  a top 10 then rs players vote? ,

Torack234

I kinda liked it. He is monotone, but I guess that was just to make it look a lot more serious, instead of didily- dadaly. I really liked the fight scenes, but they were incredibly short. Other than that, it was pretty awesome.

George

You seriously don't have anything to worry about Gene, I think yours is far better, in as non a biased view as possible.
You're very talented Gene, don't worry mate.
I could see a few good things on that video.. but the voiceover was really boring :/

aniscene

I prefer drinking to Port Sarim the jewel of our shore :)

His Lordship

Yeah the thing is, you're all biased toward me.
The audience will go for something with cool graphics.
Graphics trump depth and creativity every time.

I'm refusing to watch this.

sulaiman400

Your video with His Lordship sound would have been fabulous.

Current Descendant Guardian

Think you're this great? You aren't. Be jealous. LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE!!!

redstormx1

Well the audience are just full of idoits who love flashy graphics then,

PineappleTom

Not going to lie - I liked it. He made the seemingly dull Barrows into an excellent storyline.

The competition this year will be fascinating. This video and Gene's are totally different. I cannot personally wait to see how it goes (plus possibly other entries of the same excellence and class).

However, he didn't write his own music!

Vephy

Anyone else look at any different entries? lol

BeeBee

some are interesting, some are retarded tbh :P
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Toby

pretty good tbh.
But i think Lordy's video is better.
To much story/text in my opinion.
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

AP