• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=green][Accepted][/color]Big Al 002's Introduction. Back!

Started by Al, May 16, 2012, 12:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

About You and Your Account

1. What is your current Runescape username, and what are your past usernames if any?
Big Al 002 (original name) > FIGHT ON USC > Al Fight On
I think if you add me in RS, enter Big Al 002 and it should come up.

2. Tell us about your RuneScape account and history (e.g. when you started, what your RSN means, favourite activities etc.):
I started RS in late 2005/2006, when I saw my friend talk about his partyhats and santa. I got into it with he and his brother. I made a noob account called Big Al 001 to test RS, sort of like a BETA account to learn the game. I ditched it after a few weeks and made a final account called Big Al 002, which I still use to this day. I added the numbers 001 and 002 because "Big Al" was already taken. "Big Al" was a nickname my neighbor gave me. I'm not actually tall or wide at all :P. FIGHT ON USC comes from my favorite school, the University of Southern California, and the school motto is "Fight on!" So as I was saying, I got hooked onto the game because you could save up money and buy cool items to show off, and it gave an adventure. Most of my first few years of RS was generally messing around, doing a little of everything, but I found that moneymaking was not my thing. So I asked my friend that originally got me into RS how he got his money, and he told me generally just pking. I started 3-man pking with him and one of his friends, but I always ended up dying. It was fun, but financially I couldn't handle it anymore. I was more into something that gave a steady income, so that led me into skilling. I started out by woodcutting and that was my first real passion in RS. I would spend day in and out chopping wood, on the toilet, laying in bed, while doing homework, talking to in-game people and meeting lots of new people. Soon after a few 99s, I got bored of skilling and went back into combat, which led me into searching for a clan. I made my own clan, joined an outside clan, and joined a few other RSB clans but none were permanent commitments. So then I wanted to join a bigger and better clan, and said to myself, to find the 'best clans', I'd have to find the best lists and rank of clans, which led me to the Zybez RAW list. I Googled every clan on the list and found WG to be the perfect fit. In my own clan, I always had a knack for clear cut organization, steady improvement, and I constantly spent time changing the first-ten posts on RSB for my clan for flawless formatting and grammar. The moment I saw WG's main site, I knew it was something and everything I was looking for. After joining WG I enjoyed my RS life a lot. WG taught me how to raid, pk, war, and opened a new world to me, which was the game-driving element of the game that was the wilderness. I also found that by joining WG, it motivated me to train a lot more and improve my character. A few of the things I accomplished: max melee (3 weeks), using the old armoured zombies guide on the old boards, and 99 ranged (5 weeks). Soon, I will also achieve 99 magic.

Now that I look back at my RS history, a lot of that is still reflected today. I still can't make money (lol), like to skill, and that translated me into trying to transform my character to go PVP.

3. Tell us about yourself (Name (if you are comfortable), gender, age, country, hobbies, music, talents, likes and dislikes):
My real name is Alex, hence the username "Al." Nobody actually calls me Al irl though, lol. I'm 17, about to graduate from HS, and was born and raised in California all my life. I like to play sports; and have played basketball, football, boxing, and ran both cross country and track. After I graduate, I won't be able to partake in the sports by season, but I still like to run long distances, box, and play basketball. As for music, my favorite genres are Hip-Hop and R&B. I actually enjoy music from all genres, as I learned to appreciate music in general from learning and playing the piano formally for about 7 years. Right now, I sing in a chamber chorale choir at my high school and love it. For talents...I can't do anything like juggle, squeeze a nickel in my chin, or draw, but I guess you could say I'm more talented in the kinesthetic and musical areas :3.

4. How did you hear about us and what makes you want to join WG or DG? Also, which of these two clans are you applying for?
I literally found WG through the old Zybez RAW list and Googled it. I'm a returning member, so I'll be reapplying to WG ^.^.

Your PvP Experience
I've learned all PVPing from WG, from classic raiding to Rev caves. During the end of my first tenure in WG back in 2009, I joined Ancient Fury and fought in pretty big clashes. I know the basics like commands, hugging, tanking, and sniping. Since I'll be getting 99 magic soon, I'll have to practice freezing and teleblocking. All in all, I hope to utilize all my human capital in combat with you guys as much as I can.

5. What Multi-combat PvP Experience do you have? Be sure to mention any recent or past F2P or P2P PvP Clans you have been in.
I was a full member of Ancient Fury in 2009, and have fought with WG in both wars and raids.

6. Our warring times are usually between 3PM EST/8PM GMT and 5PM EST/10PM GMT on weekends, but sometimes weekdays, can you regularly be active at these times?
My playing times are sporadic, but I'll be on mainly during the late afternoon/evening in US.

7. Can you stock up on 10 sets of Full Rune as well as an equal amount of F2P Mage and Range sets? This only applies to applicants of WG.  Your gear will be checked via trade screen when you are being invited to the CC in game. - Please note a comprehensive list of the required items is posted as a sticky in the 'Join the Clan' Forums
I will stock up on these as soon as possible. I do have enough money for more than enough of required sets.

8. Do you understand that all PvP Events are Mandatory if you are online, and that you face removal from the clan should you blatantly skip these events?
Yes, I understand this.

Your Activity and Availability

9. Do you agree to check WG Forums daily and be on IRC at all times while you are in game, and to be on Teamspeak for all Wars and Raids? (Please note, these are third party programs, but clans have been using them for years and are crucial to our success, as such they ARE a requirement.  Further details can be provided on request.)
Yes. I will be active on the WG forums and IRC, especially because I can access both on my mobile. However, if I'm out of country that would be harder -- I will post a temporary leave if I do. I have TeamSpeak downloaded and can use it.

10. Is there anything in the near future that may impact your activity or ability to attend events?
My priority right now is graduating HS, and attending a college to transfer into my dream college, which I will start in July. I box and practice competitive team basketball in the evening on weekdays, and travel for basketball on certain weekends, but should anything be in the way, I will absolutely let staff know in advance.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

I would actually prefer to call you Alex to be honest.
Al is for older guys... like Alfred or Alan or Alistair.
I'm truly stoked to have to back here in WG mate.
Good luck with the interview.

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Frozen 10

Al

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've probably been in this clan for a total cumulative time of 4 months, but it feels like it's been forever.

Btw, on the name thing, would it be possible to change it to just 'Alex'?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Dieyou2000

Kevin

Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Zemus

hay alex welcome to WG i hope you enjoy your stay!

##