• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][Money Making][/b][/color] Ascension Dungeon Guide

Started by Dr Xion, January 11, 2014, 05:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a efficient moneymaking method for RuneScape 3?

Yes.
Nope.
Maybe but I rather go kill Vorago.
Yup but only for noobs.
I was just reading, gawd.

Dr Xion

Ascension Dungeon Guide

Map of the Ascension Dungeon

Requirements
81 Slayer and 80+ Ranged

Gear
Head: Sirenic mask > Death lotus hood > Pernix cowl > Armadyl helmet > Karil's coif  > Guthix coif
Amulet: Saradomin's murmur > Amulet of ranging > Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory
Ring: Archers' ring > Sixth-Age circuit > Berserker ring
Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > Ava's alerter > Ava's accumulator > Ava's attractor > Skillcape > Arrowstorm drape
Body: Sirenic hauberk > Death lotus chestplate > Pernix body > Aramadyl chestplate > Karil's top > Royal d'hide body
Legs: Sirenic chaps > Death lotus chaps > Pernix chaps > Armadyl chaps > Karil skirt > Royal d'hide chaps
Gloves: Tracking gloves > Pernix gloves > Swift gloves > Mercenary gloves > Armadyl gloves > Royal d'hide gloves
Boots: Glavien boots > Pernix boots > Armadyl boots > Demon slayer boots > Ranger boots
Main-hand: (Dual) Ascension Crossbows > Royal Crossbow/(Dual) Chaotic Crossbows > Zaryte bow > Hand cannon > (Dual) Karil's pistol crossbows
Shield (optional): Vengeful kiteshield > Elysian spirit shield > Eagle-eye shield
Scrimshaw: Scrimshaw of vampyrism > Scrimshaw of ranging
Aura: Equilibrium > Vampyrism

Note: Its highly advised to just to use a ring of wealth for a ring.

Monsters in the Ascension Dungeon

Rorarius

The easiest and highly sought after monster in the Ascension Dungeon. Good gear isn't needed here and it's a perfect starting place for newbies starting up in the Ascension Dungeon.

Method of fighting:
There is no exact method of killing them,  simply attack and either use  Soulsplit or Protect/Deflect Magic because if you kill one ALL OF THEM will attack. They hit low and can easily be avoided but there damage stacks overtime and its required to bring food.

Gladius

This monster is the new sought after creature in the Ascension Dungeon for its increased Keystone drops(Keystones are high valuable keys used to enter the Legio boss rooms). The competition for these are lower than Rorarius making them perfect for high level fighters.

Method of fighting:
Gladius are simple to kill but have a little strategy behind them. Their tactic is to move backwards like the ranged ability Escape multiple times then move forwards and stun you. So the obvious strategy is to use Fragmentation Shot to cause rapid damage on the Gladius and to use Anticipation when attempting to use Rapid Fire to avoid a stun messing up the ability. No prayer is need since most fights are short but food is required.

Scutarius

These creatures are rarely killed because they're very challenging but offer a widespread of rewards and increased Keystone drops.

Method of fighting:
Scutarius is one of the hardest non-boss creatures in the Ascension Dungeon. The method of fighting them is a mix of stunning and use of a ultimate ability. You start combat by simply using basic abilities until you reach 100% Adrenaline, then you use Binding Shot  to stun the Scutarius(beware that Binding Shot sometimes fails) then go behind the Scutarius and use {b]Unload[/b] which requires dual crossbows and 81 Ranged. This is the only current and easy way I've found to kill Scutarius, if you have another easy method please tell me.

How do I get here?

Start off by simply going to the Oo'glog lodestone.

Then walk north-west of the lodestone to get to the Monastery of Ascension.

Note: It is recommended that you activate the Oo'glog lodestone for efficient method to get to the Ascension Dungeon.

Patty

Nice guide :)!
I've done Roarius for money before, if I ever go for 20m slayer or something I'll be sure to look at these :p

Al

Nice guide. The font doesn't need to be that big though, lolz.

I've killed a few...Roarius? in the beginning of the dungeon for slayer tasks but haven't gone any deeper cause I'm scared. Once I start getting jumped I'm like oh shit lol.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Dr Xion

Quote from: Al on January 11, 2014, 08:08:52 AM
Nice guide. The font doesn't need to be that big though, lolz.

I've killed a few...Roarius? in the beginning of the dungeon for slayer tasks but haven't gone any deeper cause I'm scared. Once I start getting jumped I'm like oh shit lol.

I don't mind the font size when I have a ton of pictures mixed in, just seems normal x[).

Just prayer magic and bring food for Rorarius, they're pretty easy. Most people use Soulspilt and I would recommend it. I mostly kill Gladuis because of the no prayer requirement since I don't have Soulspilt.

PineappleTom

This is a great guide, thank you. Um... Where is this place? Could you add a tiny 'getting to' section for veterans who just returned ?

Dr Xion

Quote from: Rodney75 on January 11, 2014, 09:14:46 AM
This is a great guide, thank you. Um... Where is this place? Could you add a tiny 'getting to' section for veterans who just returned ?

Pretty common knowledge but yeah I'll add.

~Completed its now at the bottom of the guide, also added a map.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Patty

There's no yes it's efficent money making but there's 900010201210 people on every world, so i just went with yes on your poll :>.

Dr Xion

Quote from: Patty on January 12, 2014, 12:19:38 AM
There's no yes it's efficent money making but there's 900010201210 people on every world, so i just went with yes on your poll :>.

This is why I kill Gladuis ^^^^

Rorarius are overrated slayer creatures everyone kills.