• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Obama Wins

Started by Mojo, November 07, 2012, 04:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Well every TV network has called it about 15 minutes ago and he's gone over the 270 seats needed. It's pretty clear obama has been re-elected.

What surprises me is how fast Obama has won it, I read that most people thought it would take much longer to decide this election.

What are your thoughts on this victory and can Obama make good progress with his second term as president?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Patty

He's black.
I don't know if you noticed that but, yeah.

Anthony-

Romney was not going to win with his views on abortion, medical marijuana, planned parenthood and student financial aid. It just comes down to that

Once I rose above the noise and confusion; Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion...

Buns

now imagine obama as a gangsta president. O_o

Zeld Freelan

"You can't touch music, but music can touch you." -Mordecai

Randy

Thank you fellow Americans. Seriously though.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Vio

If people don't have anything constructive to say, then please refrain from posting pointless crap.

On topic, well done guys.

PineappleTom

Quote from: Kez on November 07, 2012, 06:23:54 AM
If people don't have anything constructive to say, then please refrain from posting pointless crap.

On topic, well done guys.

I would hate to see how inactive the forums would become...

Obama power. Although, I know nothing over the matter and don't have an accountable opinion.

Ts Stormrage

TBH, he will still have to deal with a devided congress with a GOP majority in the house and the dem's majority in the senate...

Nothing will change, as this has been the same situation as the last four (?) years where very little can be done on this "bi-partisan" basis...

The next major issue over the coming four years, besides the economy, will be immigration reform...
Latino and asian population is booming atm, both of which lean heavily towards the Democratic Party by a 3:1 ratio... White populations are shrinking because they are simply dying off... This is why states like Nevada, Colorado, Florida, maybe Arizona and possibly even Texas and Louisiana in the long run will become something for the Dem's to rely on just as they can right now with much of the north-east (save Indiana) and the west coast states...

That leaves the repooplicans with little else than the heartland and deep redneck areas to win some votes, making it impossible for them to win unless they change drastically (which, looking at romney during the campaign, isn't hard to do)... The Democrats can only fuck it up for themselves really...

Little sidenote:
Weed is now legal in the states of Colorado and Washington... This will hurt tourism in Amsterdam a lot..!

Back to the point though:
Changing demographics ar changing the U.S. as younger and most non-white people don't give two shites about who marries who, and dwell enough on the internets to not take religion too seriously (so abortion and evolution might cease to be an issue)... I'll hold my judgement before I declare america sane again, but there are some major indicators that it is going in the right direction...

TL;DR:
FOUR MORE BEERS!
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mochacho456

He didn't do enough to have warranted my vote. The debt is still climbing, and the fiscal cliff is coming. He needs to reduce spending, and do it now.

Ts Stormrage

He needs to start taxing companies that get record profits and pay no taxes (G.E. for example pays 0 taxes because they have a thousand tax lawyers that find loopholes), and people that earn more than a mill a year could probably also do with a bit less... Rich people and companies dont create jobs when they have enough money, they only hire people when they need to, and prefer to keep whatever cash they have in their own pockets... "Trickle down" economics basically means getting pissed on while being told it's raining...

Meanwhile there is a crumbling infrastructure, and a desperate need to switch to alternative energy (which is ONLY called alternative in the U.S. btw)... If you tax the people and companies that have the money, and use that to get a domestic economy going again, you end up making surplusses that end up reducing debt... You know, like Clinton did...

I doesn't even matter what big projects you start to invest in from the government: Maglev from NY to LA, switching to all wind and solar power, switching the entire country to electric cars... Once you got a goal like that and you properly invest in it, it boosts domestic economy all over the place...

On top of that; where spending needs to get cut is defense... And stop subsidizing unhealty corn syrup producers and oil companies...

Finally, the chokehold that Wall Street/Big Finance and other special interest has over both parties there needs to end as well...

I'll save my rant on the american election system for another time, but I'll give you a hint: The U.S. is not a democratic nation...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Rachellove9

He bought two swing states by bailing the car industry out.
Whose money was that he spent?
The future of America is that the unborn children will have to work til they are 80 to pay that back.

My future is now to support a group that looks to better America and I plan on being an independent in the future elections.
The election may be over but the American people can still stop his spending with protests.
I'm going to save some money up to go to Washington, DC.

I just hope in four years we see Ron Paul on the ballots.
He would of had my support this time had he been a real candidate.

I'll be praying for him to do the right thing for Americans and not his own agenda.

Ts Stormrage

What you guys need up there are a proper leftwing party...

Suggestion came from an unsurprising corner of course... But he's right...

Bill Maher Suggests A Liberal Tea Party- The Donner Party (VIDEO.mp4

Here's one just for fun btw:
Bill Maher- Obama is 'one black ninja gangster president'

His Lordship

Quote from: Mochacho456 on November 07, 2012, 06:51:36 PM
He didn't do enough to have warranted my vote. The debt is still climbing, and the fiscal cliff is coming. He needs to reduce spending, and do it now.

You're Canadian.
Also, I'm frankly quite astounded that so many Americans were uneducated enough to fall in love with Romney.
The rest of the world sees it:

And had America been stupid enough to elect Romney, they honestly deserved the shitstorm headed their way.

Now, I can't change your mind over the internet Rachel, as you've been fed a lifetime of misinformation, but I'm happy that you got the man you didn't vote for (I'm assuming). Won't bother trying to fight for a lost cause in persuading you.

TE-XFairy

He did good his 1st 4 yr why wouldnt they pick him again? and plus Mitt wants to raise the tax for da poor people? Get outta here they cant afford normal tax n ur gonna raise it?

Randy

Honestly Lordy I think the problem is not so much that half of America loves Mitt, it's just they will vote for anyone to get their party in the white house.
That's the issue with our two party system, it's vote-against-the-other-guy rather than vote for the guy you truly believe in...
We have other parties but voting for them is basically like nulling your vote. The system is flawed.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Rachellove9

Quote from: Randy on November 08, 2012, 01:26:31 AM
Honestly Lordy I think the problem is not so much that half of America loves Mitt, it's just they will vote for anyone to get their party in the white house.
That's the issue with our two party system, it's vote-against-the-other-guy rather than vote for the guy you truly believe in...
We have other parties but voting for them is basically like nulling your vote. The system is flawed.

Exactly this. . . It started after the Civil War.

The division was those for free rights and those against it.
Soon two parties formed and became the strongest making all the others to weak to compete.
Before that there were many parties that had a chance to win.
It has only gotten worse over the years.

Asaad

Quote from: His Lordship on November 08, 2012, 12:34:56 AM
Quote from: Mochacho456 on November 07, 2012, 06:51:36 PM

You're Canadian.
Also, I'm frankly quite astounded that so many Americans were uneducated enough to fall in love with Romney.
The rest of the world sees it:

And had America been stupid enough to elect Romney, they honestly deserved the shitstorm headed their way.

Now, I can't change your mind over the internet Rachel, as you've been fed a lifetime of misinformation, but I'm happy that you got the man you didn't vote for (I'm assuming). Won't bother trying to fight for a lost cause in persuading you.

America has been almost split into a two-party system for a while. Conservatives were not only afraid of all this major reform, but Liberals were scared of major rollback in legislation. What the Romney supporters really come down to is having decreasing government and cap a lot of the government subsidies that are deemed towards the poor. Also, whether the world see's a clear winner, old ways are hard to change. Beliefs of the way government should work typically comes from your parents, and ideologies that may seem "outdated" in a rapidly changing world along with a different economy that both Conservatives and Liberals may not quite understand but fall victim to ignorant assumptions on what must be done.

Also, Republicans don't like Obama's track record, but he was just getting the U.S. out of a recession. As for me, I'm happy Obama won as he is the lesser of the two evils.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Keith

Glad he won, cast my own vote his way. Don't feel like complaining about the state of the country though so i'll leave it at that

Ts Stormrage