• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Troll Invasion

Started by Snowstorm, August 21, 2011, 07:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowstorm

Just thought I would write a little guide about Troll Invasion. I think this is the best training spot in the game at the moment.

First of all, hehttp://forums.zybez.net/topic/1515779-major-update-100k-combat-xp-per-hour-for-free/re is the link that was the original posting.

Troll Invasion
Troll invasion is a minigame in Burthope where you fight trolls... Obviously. Once a month you get pretty decent xp rewards from this minigame, however, what most people do not know is that this game is great xp to just play.

Why? In Troll Invasion there is a "Potion" that you can drink five times each round. It refills your HP, Prayer and Special Bar. Essentially you can spec the entire wave. Using Dragon Claws, this can be abused and overused to gain 70k-160k xp per hour depending on Overloads and Combat Levels.

Requirements
43 Prayer
Dragon Claws
75+ Combat Stats

You dont need Bandos, Rune is fine.
For weapons, Claws can be replaced by Korasi's or a DDS.

Waves

(Will be updated later).

Strategy
If you use Melee prayer, you want to kill non-melee using trolls first. I kill them in this order (they don't all appear on each round but this is the way I do it.)

Dynamite>Mage>Father>Ranger>Melee Trolls>Karabawan

Trolls
I will do this later aswell.

Dynamite Dynamite is a troll who will run at your spec-refilling potion. He is evil and should be eliminated as quickly as possible. You just need to attack him and he will turn his attention on you and blow up. If he reaches the potion he will destroy it and you will be without the potion for the rest of the game (Not just one round... the whole game.)

Karambawan(?) He basically lowers your stats, deal with him last and just spec him if you can. Not a big issue, he is non-agressive and is sometimes found hiding in the valley or defended position. Just run over, attack him and run back to the main area otherwise you will get destroyed by Thrower Trolls. Ranger prayer doesnt really affect this.

Not Finished, will add pictures etc. later.

sulaiman400

You told me about this. It is quite epic.

Current Descendant Guardian

Think you're this great? You aren't. Be jealous. LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE!!!

Mark

Ya i did it yesterday and got 100k+ p/h lol.

I set the standard.

PineappleTom

If you are making a guide - maybe refer to this one? Joe made quite a complete one already :) Glad to see you thinking of it though!

http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?topic=302.0

Snowstorm

I cant see that one.  :o

Taibz

Quote from: Rodney75 on August 21, 2011, 09:27:33 PM
If you are making a guide - maybe refer to this one? Joe made quite a complete one already :) Glad to see you thinking of it though!

http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?topic=302.0
Only WG members can see that post - maybe want to change that :) Glad to see you thinking of it though!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

PineappleTom

Oh, sorry. Didn't know that! I can't change that but i'll question if it needs to stay that way.

In that case, good job with the guide :D

JC

Quote from: Snowstorm on August 21, 2011, 07:30:30 PM

Korasi's doesn't work very well as it's a multi-combat area so it uses it's weaker spec, in almost all situations you'd be better off using your spec bar on a DDS.

Also it's important to bring a ranged weapon of some description as NPC's occasionally go up the North-West pathway where you get hit by constant unblockable range attacks.  I normally take a Crossbow to lure them back when that happens.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Snowstorm

Quote from: JC on August 22, 2011, 12:32:09 AM
Quote from: Snowstorm on August 21, 2011, 07:30:30 PM

Korasi's doesn't work very well as it's a multi-combat area so it uses it's weaker spec, in almost all situations you'd be better off using your spec bar on a DDS.

Also it's important to bring a ranged weapon of some description as NPC's occasionally go up the North-West pathway where you get hit by constant unblockable range attacks.  I normally take a Crossbow to lure them back when that happens.

I didn't really think about crossbow, I usually just tank the damage. I will add that in when I finish this guide.

Mark

Lose like 500 HP getting hit in the valley. Fuck using a Crossbow, run back and get full HP anyway.

I set the standard.

sulaiman400

I use an air staff lmao.

Current Descendant Guardian

Think you're this great? You aren't. Be jealous. LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE!!!