• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Weight loss help

Started by Jayson, July 05, 2012, 12:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayson

So things got abit out of hand so im working on losing weight.

Just want to know some extra tips to speed up and improve the weight loss.

Starting weight: 130kg by the way

Rejoined the gym, doing cardio mostly, and i have cut out all soft drinks and fast food, aiming for about 1500 calories a day.

So just want some tips on what types of cardio i should do and alternating etc

So yeah any help will be nice, aiming to drop under 100kg

-1 me because you know I'm right

7th Highest Overall for Wars Attended.

BeeBee

I could do with some help too tbh.

GO OWEN HALP US.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mister Kyle

BeeBee

Quote from: Mister Kyle on July 05, 2012, 12:47:46 PM
Insanity workout go
Tried that in school. Shit is so retarded.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Bam

easy:

1) low carb food only
2) eat 4 to 5 small meals a day, this way you boost your metabolism
3) calculate your energy expanditure using PAL (physical activity level, google it, it's pretty easy to do), this way you will get your total need of callories for one day. You then subtract 20% --> this is what you need to lose fat. If you cut more than 20% you will also start losing muscle tissue and not only fat
4) cardio
5) cardio
6) cardio

pretty much it.

Zemus

Quote from: Bam on July 05, 2012, 01:56:42 PM
easy:

1) low carb food only
2) eat 4 to 5 small meals a day, this way you boost your metabolism
3) calculate your energy expanditure using PAL (physical activity level, google it, it's pretty easy to do), this way you will get your total need of callories for one day. You then subtract 20% --> this is what you need to lose fat. If you cut more than 20% you will also start losing muscle tissue and not only fat
4) cardio
5) cardio
6) cardio

pretty much it.
^ This, resistance training is good too

His Lordship

Please don't cut that much calories dude.
Calories are not bad.

One (or both) of two things will happen if you cut calories:

1. Your body will go into "starvation mode". "Oh shit, food is scarce, better slow down metabolism and conserve as much fat as I can in case I need it".
2. You'll get huge cravings and sooner or later your discipline WILL buckle and you'll binge and go back to where you were.

Ultimately, do what Bam said, but don't cut calories too much. 20% under what your body needs is perfect.
In addition to what Bam said I recommend 2 other things:

1. Cheat meals 2-3 times a week where you can have whatever you want. Why? Because if you don't satisfy your cravings, you also go into starvation mode.
2. Lift weights. Building muscle burns fat better than cardio in the long run.

Good on you for doing this man.
I'll come find you and we can set ourselves goals and do some teamwork.
Knowing you're in a team is a good way to do this.

Keith

Skinny fucker reporting in

Yeah you don't have to go into calorie cutting exactly, but lessen unhealthy food intake for sure. If you start to work out a shitload, a big key to weight loss is to NOT COMPENSATE; don't consume more food because you work out, unless you find that you actually do not have enough energy to work out efficiently - Once you're satisfied with your weight you can, I do it all the time now but from what I've heard it's a major help if you don't consume more because you do more. I've never had weight loss issues so I can't be a real valuable resource, but my dad has dropped over 50 pounds multiple times and it's important to exercise and eat right. You can go on many different websites to find out something that fits you perfectly. Play mad basketball and become a celtic, or run a shitload - swimming is awesome cardio too but running is doable at any time of the day really. I'm not a fitness pro but I can certainly outrun almost anyone i've met so you can trust me when I say that running will be a big help.

Oh and maybe sign up for something that you need to lose weight for if motivation's the issue. The only reason I even trained for my first marathon was that I signed up for it, realized there was no way I could do it and had to train my ass off in a super short time period. I'd say anything from a 10k up is a good goal if you actually pick up the running. Or maybe a sprint triathlon, I have one of those next weekend so i've been forced to train for that too.

Raging Mage2

Thats a long post bruv.

I have a short one.

eat right and lift, lost me 20kg over 6 months

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Kevin

Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Mister Kyle

Quote from: Kevin on July 06, 2012, 01:18:29 AM
Quit Runescape.

HOLY SHIT KEVIN DO YOU EVER POST ANYTHING THAT IS NOT NEGATIVE ANYMORE

Indivi2you

Ramadan is starting July 20th, fast with me for a whole month and you'll shed all the weight you want. I promise
The First, the Last, and the Only ~FLO
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. ~Michael Jordan

Mojo

Quote from: Mister Kyle on July 06, 2012, 01:41:31 AM
Quit Runescape.

HOLY SHIT KEVIN DO YOU EVER POST ANYTHING THAT IS NOT NEGATIVE ANYMORE
:neg:
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Quit Runescape.

In your case it seems to have had the opposite effect to what you suggest.

Kevin

Quote from: His Lordship on July 06, 2012, 10:41:45 AM
Quit Runescape.

In your case it seems to have had the opposite effect to what you suggest.

Let's not resort to blatant lies in an attempt at humor, now.
Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Owen

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Wait, wrong forum.

http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh%27s_Worksheet_%28WIP%29#Losing_fat_.28aka_Cutting.29.

Lift weights 3x a week, fasted cardio 5x (fasted = without breakfast, have a black coffee).

Diet & Body Re-composition

Initial Body Fat and Body Composition Changes

General Philosophies of Muscle Mass Gain

Sample Diets
Read these articles, and decide whether you need to bulk (add muscle), cut (lose fat), or maintain.

Bulking Diet:
Calories: 16-18x bodyweight (in lbs)
Protein: 1+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Cutting Diet:
Calories: 10-12x bodyweight (in lbs)
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Maintenance:
Calories: 14-16x bodyweight (in lbs)
Protein: 1.25+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Adjust calories as needed based on your results. Another way of estimating this is calculating your maintenance calories from your BMR and the Harris-Benedict Equation. Add 500 calories to maintenance to bulk, subtract 500 from maintenance to cut. Adjust as necessary and use the protein levels from above.

^ The above is straight from 4chan, so you know it's legit advice.

Suggested workouts:

www.stronglifts.com

http://startingstrength.com/

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Colinwarrior

1. Don't stop eating or cut meals, just eat right. Eat fruits and vegetables. No alcohol, soft drinks, sweets, etc..

2. Drink water and (real) fruit juice.

3. Exercise. Go jogging, ride a bike, go swimming, go for a walk. You don't need to hit the gym to lose weight.

That's about it. You do those things and you'll lose weight.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Rachellove9

Don't go below 1600 calories on any day.
Eat at least 35 grams of fiber a day.
Eat at least 60 grams of protein a day.

Try to eat these foods when you can just cause they are the super foods.

Beans
    Blueberries
    Broccoli
    Oats
    Oranges
    Pumpkin
    Salmon
    Soy
    Spinach
    Tea (green or black)
    Tomatoes
    Turkey
    Walnuts
    Yogurt

Plan your meals before you get to hungry to control yourself and eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

It is proven that boring eating the same thing each day means that eat less food.
I suggest to stick to the same snack each day at the same times.

If you like popcorn put 1/4 cup in a brown lunch bag and spray some cooking spray in to the bag.
Microwave that for 2 to 3 minutes and sprinkle with garlic powder or some kind of seasoning you like.

Jayson

After one week: 128.3 - 1.7kg lost

Went up to a beach house. So ate abit bad and drank, so still glad i lost weight. Hope to drop 2+ by next week. 28 kg's to go!

Gl imaBAWSE

I'd suggest you just cutting down on the fast food and play some sports with your friends or as a team for loosing weight/ keeping fit

Indivi2you

Quote from: Indivi2you on July 06, 2012, 03:29:04 AM
Ramadan is starting July 20th, fast with me for a whole month and you'll shed all the weight you want. I promise
Im serious about this btw, starts next Friday. You'll lose the 28kg within the month no problem.
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. ~Michael Jordan

Jayson

Fuck that haha. I wont last

Reece

Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Indivi2you