• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Your Most Painful (Physical) Experience

Started by Wayshow, November 21, 2011, 01:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Kyle

The Crucible is the final test in recruit training, and represents the culmination of all of the skills and knowledge a Marine should possess. Designed in 1996 to emphasize the importance of teamwork in overcoming adversity, the Crucible is a rigorous 54-hour field training exercise demanding the application of everything a recruit has learned until that point in recruit training, and includes a total of 48 miles of marching. It simulates typical combat situations with strenuous testing, hardship, and the deprivation of food and sleep. A recruit is given three MREs (Meal Ready-to-Eat, a self-contained, individual field ration, previously two and half) and four to eight hours of sleep through the entire 54-hour event. For this event, recruits are broken into squad-sized teams (possibly smaller) and placed under the charge of one drill instructor. West Coast recruits are returned to Edson Range for the Crucible. Parris Island recruits will conduct the Crucible in the derelict Page Airfield on the south end of the depot.
Throughout the Crucible, recruits are faced with physical and mental challenges that must be accomplished before advancing further. Teamwork is stressed, as the majority of tasks are completely impossible without it; each group must succeed or fail as a whole. The others will result in failure unless every recruit passes through together, requiring the team to aid their fellow recruit(s) who struggle in the accomplishment of the given mission. Also stressed are the Corps' core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment; events sometimes present a moral challenge. Many challenge events are named after Marine Medal of Honor recipients or otherwise notable Marines, and drill instructors will often take the time to read the citation of the award and hold a guided discussion with the recruits to evaluate their moral development. Drill instructors are also vigilant for those recruits who succeed and fail in leadership positions.
Some of the challenges encountered during the Crucible are various team and individual obstacle courses, day and night assault courses, land navigation courses, individual rushes up steep hills, large-scale martial arts challenges, and countless patrols to and from each of these. Often, these challenges are made even more difficult by the additions of limitations or handicaps, such as the requirement to carry several ammunition drums, not touching portions of an obstacle painted red to indicate simulated booby traps, and evacuating team members with simulated wounds.

GOML

Keith

Quote from: Mister Kyle on January 05, 2012, 10:59:42 PM
GOML

I've run a few marathons, they hurt like a BITCH and then still for a few days after as well. Aside from being unable to use my legs, the....the...chaffing...oh god the chaffing

Green

50, 40, 30. 50 sit ups, push ups, burpies, then a lap around a 400m track. Then 40 of each, lap. 30, lap.

Oh, and when I ran the gauntlet while paintballing with some friends. Basically, everyone lines up on one side of the paintball field and you have to run across the whole field and back while they all shoot at your. :|

Mister Kyle

Quote from: Keith on January 06, 2012, 05:56:08 AM
GOML

I've run a few marathons, they hurt like a BITCH and then still for a few days after as well. Aside from being unable to use my legs, the....the...chaffing...oh god the chaffing

Dude do you have chaffing scars? I do. I DO.  :woeh:

JC

Quote from: Mister Kyle on January 07, 2012, 02:07:43 AM
GOML

Darth thats called a vagina, most women have one.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Kung_Man149

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on January 05, 2012, 10:30:28 PM
ummm...
Someone threw a chair at me in school this week
Ive also been hit in the head with a hockey stick

Must have been a really pissed off Canadian. LOL
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

Keith

GOML

I DO TOO ITS TERRIBLE AND NOT A VAGINA

Joey

Got hit with a bat, chain, got hand cuff'd pretty hard, got stabbed in my thy. And, that's it ..  :>
-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Brent147

My most painful physical experience... well I've had a lot of painful experiences so lets just go with my most recent one.

Two days ago I was in the basement building my wife a new bookshelf. I was dual wielding hammers because a piece of the fucking wooden structure pissed me off, so I proceeded to beat the piss out of the entire thing, until I felt rather confident that it had "learned it's lesson" and would go together in the correct fashion. lol. Anyhow, in my crazed madness, I mistakenly swung the hammer to hard and the teeth hit me square in the leg, just under my knee. Fortunately I had been so pissed off prior to hitting myself and had become so frustrated, that I hardly felt it. But I'll tell you this, I felt it the next morning. Now the god damn thing is black and and about the size of my fist. Lol.
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

Armybuilder

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Lth

i was 14 at the tim.when my two fingernails got crushed when someone slammed the classroom door on them :S i can admitt i screamed like a mother in labour..it was fuckin painfull much more painfull than broken bones.
I did the 11th Owen Pose :)

Brent147

I've done that before Mo. When I was six I was trying to walk down the stairs and was holding onto the door frame. My mom didn't realize my hand was in between the door and the door jam so she closed and locked the door. I sat there in shock for almost five minutes before common since finally kicked and and she unlocked and opened the door. Needless to say, I lost every single fingernail on my right hand. It was shitty.
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

Neef

The hangover and headache after my 20th birthday that I do not remember. It was last night, it is now 6:45pm and I'm starting to feel sober again

Lil rewind

<@Lordy|AFK> I wanna be the human snitch
<@Lordy|AFK> There's nothing like being chased by hot sweaty boys

Jake

<@Kez> I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out its an Etch-a-Sketch and I dont have an iPad.
<@Kez> Also, im completely outta booze.

Rachellove9

Fell at a roller skating rink and fractured my elbow. 
I almost passed out from the pain.
I no longer do dances on skates.  lol

Indivi2you

Umm... I have a high tolerance to pain

Middle of a basketball game in 9th grade, I was driving into the lane and took an elbow to the nose. That's when i broke it, but I just kept playing. 15 minutes later i do the same thing; just drop my head and lean in, take the foul and another shoulder to the nose. It was broken and i was in so much pain but I kept playing lmao, I never got surgery so now i have a big broken bumpy nose. But i still dropped 17 that game, so... get at me bro

Same thing, during a bball game 10th grade i broke 2 of my fingers. some fat douche was backing up into me and my hand got caught in between me and him and my fingers were hyper-extended. the burning sensation i got then was insaneeeee i was rushed to the emergency room. it was only the 2nd quarter and i already had 9 points. shit i wish i kept playing that game and rocked that kid.

in 5th grade, i collided with a kid during a kickball game and his teeth hit my ear and chopped off my ear lmfao. yeah... didnt hurt but i was just like WHAT THE FUCK?? its okay, i had a plastic surgery and now my ear looks brand new!

and not an injury... but i remember last year playing varsity ball we got blown out by one of the top teams in the state but apparently my coach doesnt give a shit. practice the next day... holy shit fellas. i promise you im one of the most athletic kids you can imagine, but not even the black kids on the team were fine. we ran soooooooo much. probably 40 suicides, TIMED IN UNDER 30 SECONDS, then run a mile outside on the track IN THE WINTER. then back in the gym to hit free throws and if we miss we run more sprints. not only could i not feel my body, i couldnt breathe, i had a migraine...

yeah so, hbu?
The First, the Last, and the Only ~FLO
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. ~Michael Jordan

Anthony69

Id say probably getting the single most paingful thing i ve had done was being tasered, however it only lasts for 5 seconds so it not to bad. However capsicum spray hurts like all hell and burns for 30+ minutes, so it's probably a tie between those two.

BeeBee

i lost 25k red chinchompa by dying
I am still emotionally scarred
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

heitorpacheco

WG Genesis

When I took a crap after like 2 days(don't know what I was thinking) and it hurt like hell as it wouldn't fit through XD
+Breaking my left hand for the 3rd time(goalie), my wrist still hurts and I don't think I can ever get it cured :/

52 Pray

I broke three ribs during wrestling practice. :3
Then the doctors told me they were just bruised so I rested a few days then went back.
Gf me.
Had to do physical therapy for 6 months because I had hella scar tissue.
- The OG t-girl peekayer

Asaad

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Alliteration

Quote from: JC on January 07, 2012, 03:22:52 AM
GOML

Darth thats called a vagina, most women have one.
Screenshots or it didn't happen.
They see me trollin'
They hatin'
I'm trolling
mods tryin' to catch me postin' dirty
Tryin to catch me postin' dirty
My lazors so loud
I'm spammin'
They hopin' that they gon' catch me postin' dirty

rednight637

i was skating a steep hill on my cruiser and halfway down my bourd flipped and I did a super man towards the ground got then had to walk back up the hill to my house with my sides skinned and bleeding and cloaths ripped  :<