• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Calling All Musicians

Started by His Lordship, August 10, 2012, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

Making a playlist for my farewell party tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D4A644F657B35C5&feature=edit_ok
Only British music allowed.

Need you to decide a few things for me:

1. 8.5 hours is too long. Can you advise me which songs I should cut (based not just on your taste but what might simply not go down well with people)
2. Need to shuffle the order so that there's a good mix of energetic and slow music, with the most rousing ones in the first half, slowly adding slow ones in (not suddenly)
3. Need to shuffle the order so that the songs blend well, but also come from different eras. I don't want all the 2000's+ songs in one spot and all the 70's in another.
4. I'm trying to limit it to 3-4 songs per artist. If you think there's a song that's not on there that SHOULD be, tell me what to replace.
5. The Spice Girls and Harry Potter Songs are trolls. They are non negotiable.

EDIT: As tempting as it is for you to SUGGEST songs, I already said the playlist is too long... so we'll have to cut out a load of sings before I even consider adding any.

Wayshow

HOW ABOUT SOME ONE DIRECTION OMG

##

Bam

Golden Brown dude.....golden brown.....how could you not have picked this song?

BeeBee

All about The Jam and Sex Pistols.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Irock129

I agree with Wayshow
BRING IN THE ONE DIRECTION
WOOOT WOOOOT :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

His Lordship

Absolutely NO One Direction.
Bam... Golden Brown is in there.

EDIT: And if you'll noticed, I said to not suggest things to add. The playlist is already too long.

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

His Lordship

No more suggestions unless songs are removed from the playlist. I'm happy to add that Will, but you have to pick like... 2 songs to get rid of... and not just based on your taste but on overal tastes.

Vio

Replace Zep's "Kashmir" with "Rock n Roll".
And do NOT use the studio version of "Whole Lotta Love", use the Knebworth 1979- [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_DOA2AL7Q[/noembed].

Too much Amy Winehouse. Remove all but Back to Black.

Too much Coldplay. Remove Violet Hill, Yellow and The Scientist. Keep Paradise and Viva La Vida.

Replace Pink Floyd's "Time" with "Money" or "Have a Cigar".

Remove all the Dragonforce except "Heroes of our Time".

Replace Clapton's "My Father's Eyes" and "Change the World" with Cream's "White Room"

Too much Lily Allen. Remove Not Fair, Fuck You and The Fear.

Replace the 2 Judas Priest songs with "Breaking the Law" or "Green Manalishi"
Speaking of Fleetwood Mac, you need at least ONE song. Use "Landslide" or "The Chain".

Too much Blur. Remove "Park Life" and "Coffee and TV"

Get rid of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". The other 3 are fine.

Get rid of Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars"

Too much Arctic Monkeys. Get rid of Fluorescent Adolescent and Brianstorm.

Replace Muse's "Uprising", "Resistance" and "Undisclosed Desires" with "Butterflies and Hurricanes"

Vio

Reece

Remove scientist? Who is this guy ^^  :fp:
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Vio

Quote from: Reece on August 11, 2012, 02:06:12 AM
Remove scientist? Who is this guy ^^  :fp:

If it were up to me, I'd remove ALL the Coldplay songs and do 8 hours of Led Zeppelin.
Be thankful I decided to go easy.

Colinwarrior

Quote from: Kez on August 11, 2012, 03:17:45 AM
If it were up to me, I'd remove ALL the Coldplay songs and do 8 hours of Led Zeppelin.

^this

It's funny, cuz I was just about to post this:

Remove entire list. Replace with entire Led Zeppelin discography.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Elyxiatic

I'm actually quite sad you're going :(

PineappleTom

Looks like a really good mix you got there. I would be bias if I advised to remove any.

Elyxiatic

Cut out 42-49.
I've only listened to the first 50.

I'll listen to the other 75 soon/later.

Pacman Syu

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<