• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Melee vs Mage vs Range (PvM RS3)

Started by Mack, March 25, 2014, 05:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mack

So I'm having a hard time deciding what combat style I should use to PvM with... I've been told Magic is OP but others tell me Melee is better and all this other stuff so I'm here to ask the pros of RS3 PvM. What is better when it comes to bossing Magic, Melee or Range. Please explain why its better and what gear I should look to get etc. Thanks in advance friends.

Owen

Depends on the boss...

No point meleeing Armadyl.

Some bosses have weaknesses, some don't.  Depending on funds a level 90 weapon of a worse style is probably better than a level 80 weapon of a better style.

It's all situational.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Al

If you take GWD for example, it's pretty much melee all except range Arma. Mage also works at Bandos and Zamorak if you're not tanking (don't see why range wouldn't either). Just look at their weaknesses and guides on RS Wiki, it tells you everything.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mack

Thanks for the replies friends. Now since everything is situational which bosses are worth doing these days for the best money making/profit?

day i k0ed

imo QBD have worked pretty good for me, been doing some bandos and duo DKS, all decent cash rate /h

Owen

Quote from: Owen on March 25, 2014, 01:13:14 PM
Depends on the boss...

No point meleeing Armadyl.

Some bosses have weaknesses, some don't.  Depending on funds a level 90 weapon of a worse style is probably better than a level 80 weapon of a better style.

It's all situational.

Zammy/Sara have mage weakness.

I solo mage zammy and it's easy.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Novacore

Well QBD is pretty worth for money, but If you want to PvM with a group it's more fun and profitable to do Kalphite King or Nex