• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Need a new computer

Started by Vephy, July 21, 2011, 08:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orthux

It doesn't include a screen or keyboard and mouse, a keyboard and mouse you could find for like £20 and for the monitor I'd suggest the Dell U2311h, you could get a cheap monitor off ebay to last you until you can afford a nice one like the Dell though.

The only main difference now between 32bit and 64bit is the maximum ram, drivers aren't an issue anymore and you'll find a lot of the Adobe suite requires 64 bit now. Go for the 64bit.

Edit: And no it's not difficult, there's so many guides about now. If you'd like a little more help with it and you own a webcam, I could instruct you from just seeing the camera feed.

Toby

If someone could help me and set everything together and just click buy i would be greatful!
With the screen and a keyboard :D

It does ship to norway ye?
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Orthux

I think I can set up a Scan basket for you to just click and buy, I'll take a look if they ship to Norway.

Oh and I can save you some money on the OS, my friend has a website selling Microsoft software I'm sure I could get it you for cheap or even free.

Edit: Scan don't but OCUK do, you'd have to find each product yourself though.

Toby

Do you have to pay with a credit card?
If not you could probs just make a account for me and just pick the parts and just ship it to me.
Wow if you could get it for free it would be fu*king awersome :D!!

They did ship to Norway?
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Orthux

Yeah they offer international shipping, and they accept Paypal and Credit cards, for the monitor this looks very cheap considering it's 1920x1080 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-019-PH
Can't really find reviews on it though so it would be a little bit of a risk.

Toby

Hmm, if you could find a good monitor that has good reviews and that's cheap it would be great but i'm okay with that monitor too :)

But does it work what i said in my last post? do i really have to pick the parts myself? I'm afraid I'll mess up :/

Btw David and JC i just really want to thank you guys for helping me out!

Orthux

JC

Quote from: Orthux on July 25, 2011, 03:41:09 AM
This is where I'm not sure, you'll have to decide/JC might have a better suggestion:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-019-PH - Budget monitor, can't find reviews.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-046-DE&groupid=17&catid=1425&subcat= - Excellent monitor, best you can get for the money. Heavily researched.

Personally I would go for the higher priced screen, my work has a variety of Phillips LCD screens and I have always found them fairly crap so was rather delighted when we recently updated to a set of high end HP screens.

I guess one thing to think about is most mid spec screens like Dell/Samsung/LG use similar or the same panels anyway so if the IPS panel of the U2311H doesn't seem necessary (IPS screens generally are considered 'better' as they represent colours more accurately, but it's unlikely you will notice when gaming) you could always find a good quality TN panel such as: This LG panel for 155 Pounds and get a bit closer to your budget  :P
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Planolocal

Opening up a new can of whoop ass, every hour on the hour.