• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

New Years Resolutions

Started by Keith, December 25, 2012, 10:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith

Post your new years resolutions!

I know it's a tiny bit early, but it's always good to think of new years resolutions beforehand if you have any plans to keep them. Most people don't stick with what they say. But keep in mind; if you DO follow through with what you plan, it could very well change your life for the better. I've never made real serious ones, but I decided to type up what I would like to do. They're all super specific and meant to be printed out and re-read for motivation for myself. Also, I completely intend to see mine through to the best of my ability.

1.   Focus primarily on class work. All else is secondary. Start assignments when assigned them, and complete assignments well in advance of the due date. Leave the room to study and do work in order to actually get things done. You need to make up for your entire life as a student by proving yourself this year.
2.   A close second, focus on working towards a career and a future in geology.  Make sure to be working on this in times of low class related work. Stay on top of AAPG events, and make an effort to learn things outside of the classroom. You'll get a great job and guarantee yourself a future that's more than worth the effort if you stick with it.
3.   Exercise with consistency. Important, but not important as the others. Think of where you can be if you don't fall off track. First goal: do well this summer in the triathlons you signed up for. The only acceptable excuse for not exercising is sickness, injury, and legitimately having too much work to do.
4.   Don't worry. Make yourself happy and make others happy. Don't think about things that get you down. Don't let your workload get you down, do the best you can and don't compare yourself to others. Don't get worked up about things you can't control, and don't dwell on the small things. Continuing being as positive you can, not only outwardly but inwardly as well.

Wayshow

1. Obviously the old school work goal. Gotta maintain my time management, improve my grades...etc etc

2. Audition and join an a cappella group.

3. Exercise and start doing some weights and not just run...gotta be ready for summer 2013 :D

4. Maybe plan a low budget trip to Europe with my friends

Will add more as I think of them!

Ts Stormrage

One IRL, and two RS related:

1. I will definitely start an education to become a highschool maths teacher 4 years after that...

2. I will see WG attain a lvl 5 Citadel including max upgraded skill plots (Woodcutting, Mining, Firemaking, Smithing, Crafting and Summoning), as well as a lvl 2 Avatar Habitat for a 2nd Avatar, so more worlds can enjoy an XP bonus...

3. I will make Gene find some time to hear out a fleshed out idea he asked me to work on and present to him so implementation can begin...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mister Kyle

Who needs a day to decide when to change your life?

Just do it.

Ts Stormrage

I didn't need a day... these are things I do plan to get done in 2013, and have been planning them for a while now :)
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Rachellove9

This year's goals:

1.  To redo filing system and clean out my desk and keep it in order.  Organization is key to having a good place to work.

2.  Take watercolor painting classes and expand on medias that I usually don't use with my art. 

3.   Be merciful, make peace, more loving, spread joy to everyone, show kindness, have self-control, be humble
          and generally be a good person that others can come to knowing they will be comforted, loved and helped.

4.  Continue helping Africa to have no more malaria in the world.

I know mine are pretty personal, but I really have passion about Africa and all those people dying when I have it so good.

Buns

1. Stop being so lazy

2. Try not to laugh at people when they fall.

3. Be more polite

4. Stop swearing constantly

Randy

1. Go back to the gym. I know everyone says this for new years but I really plan on it.  I stopped a few months ago due to stress and no motivation, but I'm going back.
2. Being more social. Trying to stop all my serious gaming habits, going to join a club or two, and definitely being there for my newly acquired girlfriend.
3. Good grades. My semesters have been average. Really want to finish college strong.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

BeeBee

Quote from: Randy on December 25, 2012, 06:06:55 PM
2. Being more social. Trying to stop all my serious gaming habits, going to join a club or two, and definitely being there for my newly acquired girlfriend.

Pics pls
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Keith

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on December 25, 2012, 06:57:01 PM
Quote from: Randy on December 25, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Pics pls

write randy on her forehead or fake  :wtf:

This Babylon

1. get olympic gold in all events.
2. single handedly revive rs to "glory day" status
3. maxed gano build
4. world peace
5. make over 100m rsgp.

pretty small stuff this year, sorry i didnt finish all of last years, had to stop the whole mayan end of the world thing.

Al

Quote from: Mister Kyle on December 25, 2012, 04:47:40 PM

Just do it.

said it. new year's resolutions are great, but this lol
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Keith

Quote from: Al on December 25, 2012, 11:46:49 PM
Quote from: Mister Kyle on December 25, 2012, 04:47:40 PM

Just do it.

said it. new year's resolutions are great, but this lol

Either way, anything either of you want to change in your life?

Al

Not really, but I guess it wouldn't be a "New Year's" Resolution. If there was something I wanted change, I'd change it the next day. Or at the most, I'd be like this was a bad week, next week's gonna be different. Most of my mine are things already in the works:

List:

-Keep going to the boxing gym at least 3 days a week. Start competing (fights) in a few months.
-Keep my grades up, specifically don't procrastinate on papers/projects.
-The company I've had in the works has to start and get filed in 2013.
-Separate my bank account (from parent's) and start watching the graph grow, instead of getting money then spending it like a kid.

RS:

-See the citadel make it to tier 5, and probably 7 will happen in 2013.
-Stop being broke in RS.
-Completionists by the end of the year. Might be a stretch, but I think it's possible.
-WG & DG at 50+ members stably.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Pacman Syu

All of your resolutions are so great, I'm sure you'll all do fantastic ^_^

Didn't really think of it as a resolution but I can pretend it is, but as stereotypical as it is...
1. Work out. Being skinny is fun and all, but I want to put on some muscle. I have a friend who exercises faithfully writing a plan.
2. Be super frugal. I always have been but I've been realizing little ways I could cut out even more spending.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Toby

My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat