• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Netbook for runescape?

Started by Zyruth, April 24, 2013, 04:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zyruth

Hey guys, im just wondering is it a good idea to play runescape 07 on a netbook? Will it lag because of its low performace? Because im thinking of getting a netbook to play runescape while i watch movies on my desktop.. And any recommendation on which netbook shall i get? Need some advice...  :woeh:
Patience is the key to Success.

Mojo

if rs lags any new computer then you have a serious problem.

Never had a netbook so can't advise you sorry
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Josheh

I have a netbook, RS07 works perfectly on it. If you're looking into net books I'd have alook at chromebooks.

Member since 8-8-8

Zyruth

Hey Josheh, thank you, i'll check that out.. :)

Chilli

How much do you have to spend? I can have a look at models which I'd suggest for easy gaming, I would highly reccomend you steer away from anything using onboard Intel for graphics, they are horrible for EOC, 07 yeah they work fine because its really no stress to them, but EOC the anti-aliasing is shocking, and you'll lag like a beast if you try and go fullscreen or play at some kind of high graphics settings, unless it has somthing like an i5 in it.

I work for an IT company, i can guide and suggest what would best work for you

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Zyruth

Hey chilli, thanks for the reply... my buget is around $500... Im actually looking for something as small as possible, And i dont play EOC anymore... Just purely for 07 scapping and surfing the webs, thats all.. Im actually looking at the google chromebook not sure if its the right choice for me.

Chilli

Alright, ill have a look on my lunch break mate, ill see what i can come up with for you.

Thanks babylon

-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Zyruth

thank you so much.. appreciated =)

This Babylon

Quote from: Josheh on April 24, 2013, 07:03:05 AM
I have a netbook, RS07 works perfectly on it. If you're looking into net books I'd have alook at chromebooks.
I luld. Honestly look at an ultrabook

Chilli

Quote from: This Babylon on April 25, 2013, 07:13:21 PM
Quote from: Josheh on April 24, 2013, 07:03:05 AM
I luld. Honestly look at an ultrabook

Lucky for less than $500

Thanks babylon

-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Asaad

Lenovo y580. Very powerful. Only 800.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

This Babylon

You can find ultras for 400 just go like one gen back. Max out the ram

Zyruth

Alrite, thank you all for the advice, i'll take a look at ultrabook before i decide..

RobbieThe1st

Chromebooks are cool, and will do fine... But they won't run Java. Chrome OS doesn't have Java support, so you'd have to wipe it and install Ubuntu... Which isn't too hard, but it won't work OOTB.

I am left handed, and proud of it! (Mostly)Retired from RuneScape.
Old forum posts: 2275(s4+s10+wg.com)+2233(z6)+770(wg.com IPB) Total: 5278
Join date: 4/16/05 | Get Firefox 6 now: http://www.getfirefox.com

Josheh

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 29, 2013, 04:57:17 AM
Chromebooks are cool, and will do fine... But they won't run Java. Chrome OS doesn't have Java support, so you'd have to wipe it and install Ubuntu... Which isn't too hard, but it won't work OOTB.

Hey thanks Robbie, I genuinely didnt know that, I have a HP netbook that I use for uni XD.

Member since 8-8-8