• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Anime

Started by KevinsLunchbox, January 10, 2012, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warcow1992

:nyan:

Best Student council!~

every one should watch it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Student_Council

:nyan:
Moo!~

Eregion2

Quote from: Eregion2 on February 25, 2012, 03:50:06 AMIkki Tousen
This was supposed to be Tenjou Tenge.

Couldn't remember the name so I googled a few things and the picture for Ikki Tousen looked similar.

But it's not.  :wtf:

Eregion2

So I randomly found a manga the other night, and ended up reading all 14 volumes in one sitting.

Anxiously waiting for volume 15 to be scanlated.

It's called Kokou no Hito, "An Isolated Man." It's about an intensely solitary high schooler who takes up mountain climbing after another student dares him to climb the side of the school building. As far as the manga goes, that was about 20 years ago. Almost immediately the story is intensely tragic, with several main characters dying in mountaineering accidents throughout the course of the manga.

And most of the people who survive are... well, dicks. Especially his old classmates.

The main character, Mori Buntarou, eventually makes a name for himself by becoming an accomplished solo mountain climber.

While it's all highly dramatized (think House M.D. compared to your average doctor), this series is also intensely no-bullshit. And the vistas are stunning.

I don't know if anyone involved in the series is an actual mountain climber, but they've obviously done an incredible amount of work researching it.

It reminds me a lot of Monster, and other very no-nonsense, psychologically-driven mangas. I'm pretty sure volume 15 is going to be the last one, and I'm petrified because I'm afraid they're going to kill Mori while he's climbing K2 (even in reality, K2 has a vicious mortality rate: 1 reported death on average for every 4 climbers who successfully reach the summit; it's the second highest, and second deadliest, mountain in the world behind Mount Everest and Annapurna, respectively). I don't want to drop any more spoilers, but it's an incredible story and I highly recommend it.

It's not all about the climbing, either. The stories involving his old classmates, and the woman he falls in love with, are beautifully done.

... and incredibly heartrending, at times.

If it gets a legitimate English translation it'll easily be one of the handful of mangas I've actually purchased.

Eregion2

Kind of a bummer how long you have to wait after a series is over for the truly incredible AMVs to start appearing.

This one's probably the second best for Guilty Crown I've seen so far (there's a spoiler or two, you're warned).

First best being the one I posted on page two, which is spoiler-free past the first episode.
[EVS] Who We Are

Abs L

Oh yeah I remember watching the first episode or two of Guilty Crown.
I'm such an impatient whore lol, I don't like waiting until the series gets good I like the first episode grabbing me & throwing me into everything like Steins Gate did.

I'll probably have to watch the rest later if it's so good =D

~Abs

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

Eregion2

Talking of Steins;Gate.

√Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Magic Eye AMV

I'm a bit more mellow about Guilty Crown than I was while it was airing, I don't think it's one I'll be buying or rewatch exactly. It was good, though.

Also had someone talk me into watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which completely blew me away.

Eregion2

So if you like FLCL, find/watch Diebuster (also known as Gunbuster 2).

It's FLCL in space.

[Full] DieBuster AMV - Metamorphosis (Thanks For 1100+ Subs! :D)