• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Guide to Blasting and Bind - The Dos and Don'ts

Started by » Mike «, May 03, 2014, 07:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

» Mike «

Alright so, there has been debate in the past that Naked Blasting and Binding is the way to go with F2P Maging. Others argue that the tankier Leather Chaps/Mage Robe Combo go better.

I've screenshotted the Gear bonuses between the two

Naked Blasting/Binding

1. The Mage Attack Bonus is actually Lower without the boost of the Mage Top
2. The Defensive stats are all LOWER but the Ranged Defense
3. The Strength Bonus is +3 GREATER than in Tank Mage - Always, in my opinion, The Melee/Binders should Bind Naked. Sacrificing -3 Mage Attack Bonus for +3 Strength Bonus. The Reason why is because the Melee/Binds keep their Melee Style Out Primarily and need the extra DPS, Along with the Blasters throwing Binds as well.
4. Remember to always have a Tank Switch for Tanking, Being One Shot is never acceptable.
5. Make sure you always have enough Runes and Runes for both Blast and Binds in your Inventory. Strong Mages Win Fights. Period.
6. Bring a Melee Switch if you have a Microphone on TeamSpeak, you never know when we may need callers, even if you think you're bad trying is never a bad thing.
7. Please Please Please try to Bring Anchovy Pizzas for tanking!

Tanky Blasting/Binding

1. The Mage Attack Bonus is boosted because of the Magic Robe Top, granting +3 Magic Attack bonus more than the Naked set up.
2. All Defensive Stats Bonuses are raised with the exception of Ranged Attacks.
3. The Strength Bonus is DECREASED by 3 with the tank mage gear but in exchange your Magic Attack Bonus will do more Damage by +3. I recommend this to ALL Blasters/Binders in the Pile. If you're Melee/Binding I Highly Recommend the Naked Style.
4. Be sure to Always have a tank Switch. Being One Shot should not be Tolerated.
5. Bring enough Runes for both Blasting and Binding.
6. Bring a Melee Switch if you have a Microphone on TeamSpeak, you never know when we might need people to step up and Call.
7. Try to Bring Anchovy Pizzas, Guaranteed better than Swordies

Brent147

Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

geoff_7th

Good man :D every clans needs a topic as such Thank you

Patty

Flames377

Its also recommended to change the color of your characters clothes to the blue similar to rune color so that you don't get sniped as much.