• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Who won the debate?

Started by Mojo, October 04, 2012, 03:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who won the first presidential debate?

Barack Obama
7 (31.8%)
Mitt Romney
6 (27.3%)
Jim Lehrer
3 (13.6%)
Not Sure
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pacman Syu

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Al

Quote from: His Lordship on October 06, 2012, 03:48:45 AM
I don't expect to change your mind, but I hope you know that most of the world, looking in from the outside, is going for Obama.
I don't think much of America realises how awesome Obama actually is.

He once mentioned my friend from high school (out of notice) in one of his rallies for starting a microfunding club. It ended up on the news and everything. Showed how much he's paying attention...

It matters that people think he's awesome. Obama is someone a lot of people can relate to in America. He represents people from all walks of life. People can understand him clearly and he is articulate. With the bills that he passes and the decisions he makes, he DOES IT and doesn't hide details or backdoor tricks whether it fails or not. Because of that, he earns my trust.

Rambles:

He's a self-made man. Culturally diverse. He wants to support older women (from the debate). Same-sex unions. A recent poll showed that 62% of Americans now support lawful same-sex unions (http://cbsn.ws/KF9JnB). For those of you that don't know, Romney supports the Mormons, the church of LDS, which abolishes same-sex unions. Students. Obama has a plan to train and give teachers their jobs. The during the early years of his presidency (when I was in high school) many teachers were "pink-slipped," otherwise known as conditionally laid off. I had principals that came in to hand these to a few of my teachers during hs. Programs/classes like woodshop and culinary arts were cut. In my senior year, there were about 38 students in one of my classes, and there weren't enough desks for us to sit in.

Obama has made some decisions that were unsuccessful. One of them is Solyndra, a solar panel manufacturer that Obama helped pass funding for. The company itself ended up bankrupt, and the building that was once occupied by them is now up for sale. It was a business decision that ended up failing. Romney also had unsuccessful business ventures, its just the nature of business. It's a risk. People think that Obama is the one to blame for increasing debt, etc. etc. We're so quick to blame...it's always the president's fault, right? One presidential term wasn't going to be a one-shot solution out of our deficit. And quite honestly, I wouldn't expect this next one to be. But if we inch our way towards more jobs, more percentages cut off the unemployment rate...gain more and more momentum we'll starts seeing results. Recently the unemployment rate came to a 44-month low (http://yhoo.it/RG2hg2).
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Zeth007

Mitt Romney is a mormon. If a mormon would even try to candidate for anything big within politics here in Sweden, the person would get shut down so hard.
I find it absurd that such a big amount of people (anyone at all actually) believe in mormonism, but people can be brought up to believe pretty much anything under certain circumstances. The really sick thing is that all of these other people outside of mormonism now support this belief and tell the world that mormons can become leaders of the biggest countries in the world. Mormonism will probably never cause as much bad things as for say christianity, but it's still really sad to see it being accepted.

EDIT: OT like hell, but still pretty relevant in a bigger perspective.

Wayshow

Quote from: Colinwarrior on October 05, 2012, 05:30:24 AM
Quote from: Keith on October 05, 2012, 05:25:59 AM
Quote from: Colinwarrior on October 05, 2012, 03:14:36 AM
Quote from: Rachellove9 on October 05, 2012, 03:01:40 AM
Obama's wife said nasty stuff about Oprah being a bad example to American girls cause she is fat.

lol wut

Source please?

Btw, sorry for the double post.

Also if she did say that good for her, because we're the fattest friggen country and there's NO excuse

True. Every obese person in this country thinks they're a victim. "oh, I have a glandular problem".."oh, I have an eating disorder"...funny how we're the only country with all of these problems. Must be something in the water. OR MAYBE YOU CAN PUT DOWN THE FORK.

Anyways...this is getting off topic...
HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO!

Onathe

Got enough to moan about with my own shitty government let alone reading in on the US debate, how are these people in charge of anything...

Rachellove9

Wow to off topic.  I don't like that people are unhealthy because of being fat, but that doesn't make me hate them.  The number on a scale doesn't even come close to what a person may or may not be. 

I would like to see some reform on how the funds for advertising are done.  Like no funds from corporations or unions.  The funds that are raised in a state should have to be used in that state and not used elsewhere.  I don't like that other countries donate to our campaign  funds.  There should be a 5k limit to each household.  The election shouldn't be about who has the most money or who can get the most funds donated to them.  Some of this might allow us to have some third or fourth parties able to run and be successful. 

We can't afford to keep going deeper in debt.  If I ran my personal finances like the government runs theirs, I'd be in jail for fraud.  It is sad that we end up paying about one third to half of what we earn in taxes and still have all this debt. 

Colinwarrior

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Onathe on October 26, 2012, 11:20:28 PM
Got enough to moan about with my own shitty government let alone reading in on the US debate, how are these people in charge of anything...
What country are you from?
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Mojo

Quote from: Pacman Syu on October 27, 2012, 07:38:57 PM
THERE'S CLEARLY A UK FLAG NEXT TO HIS PROFILE NAME!!!!   :>
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Onathe

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on October 27, 2012, 07:40:33 PM
Quote from: Pacman Syu on October 27, 2012, 07:38:57 PM
THERE'S CLEARLY A UK FLAG NEXT TO HIS PROFILE NAME!!!!   :>

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

His Lordship

Americans can't be blamed.
Half of them have been brainwashed, and can't see why the rest of the world hates Romney.
They've been fed all the propaganda and culture.

We on the outside are just hoping enough of America isn't blinded.

Rachellove9

Quote from: His Lordship on October 29, 2012, 10:31:13 AM
Half of them have been brainwashed, and can't see why the rest of the world hates Romney.

There is so much advertising and things spent on this.
I am not sure I buy the culture thing but the propaganda stuff is insane for elections.
I would of preferred someone like Whoopie Goldberg or Oprah.

Mochacho456

Quote from: His Lordship on October 29, 2012, 10:31:13 AM

Why do you think romney would be bad? Romney has one real goal: Fix the economy. Obamas is bombing pakistan, afghanistan and parts of iraq. He has refused the keystone pipline that would create thousands of jobs, just to appease hippies. The spending needs to slow down, and i think romney is the best choice to do it.

Ts Stormrage

Cut spending on the one bloated budget: Defense... and thats the one thing romney isnt going to touch...

He's also going to create 12 million jobs, but he'll keep his methods a secret forever if he doesnt get elected (very patriotic), snd he wont tell you his plan untill after he's elected...

Obama might be lame, but at least he isn't wrong on most things, and he's also not flipping on things within the same scentence...

Episode 264
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Rachellove9

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on October 29, 2012, 04:51:35 PM
Cut spending on the one bloated budget: Defense... and thats the one thing romney isnt going to touch...

He's also going to create 12 million jobs, but he'll keep his methods a secret forever if he doesnt get elected (very patriotic), snd he wont tell you his plan untill after he's elected...

Obama might be lame, but at least he isn't wrong on most things, and he's also not flipping on things within the same scentence...

Episode 264

You know how you know that a politician is lying?  They open their mouth.  They all lie, cheat and in general are bottom dwellers of the moral ladder of life.  I think of it like spoiled apples, one can turn the whole bunch bad quickly.

jaZz

not sure cause i didn't watch  :D

Randy

Quote from: Rachellove9 on October 29, 2012, 06:10:58 PM
Quote from: Ts Stormrage on October 29, 2012, 04:51:35 PM

Episode 264

You know how you know that a politician is lying?  They open their mouth.  They all lie, cheat and in general are bottom dwellers of the moral ladder of life.  I think of it like spoiled apples, one can turn the whole bunch bad quickly.
Rachy 2012

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Colinwarrior on October 04, 2012, 04:03:12 AM
I'll tell you who lost...the American people

If you vote for either major party, you are what's wrong with this country.
Dug up this thread to say you were right.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

Keith

for reals, what's the point of an election if both sides still can completely impede the government? RIP america probs won't be missed

Mojo

in the UK we have an Act of Parliament that the Lower House (commons) can use if the Upper House (lords) reject a bill which allows them to pass the bill anyway so shit like this never happens :)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on October 15, 2013, 11:25:08 PM
in the UK we have an Act of Parliament that the Lower House (commons) can use if the Upper House (lords) reject a bill which allows them to pass the bill anyway so shit like this never happens :)
That sounds like a good system.

I think a decent way to solve this would to literally force more political parties into publicity. For example, in the political debates on TV require there be people representing at least the three most popular parties. Sadly however, every media corporation has their own side to take so this is unlikely to happen. If only.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

Mami Tomoei

Canada has something like that too. no president veto either.

However i think theres a governer general that has quite a bit of power.. I need to learn more about my politics.....

Also who the heck necro'd a yr old thread.

Zeth007

Everyone should look at how Sweden does things politically = win