• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Bonus XP Weekend Investments, What should you invest in for it?

Started by Raging Mage2, July 25, 2011, 01:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raging Mage2

Compliments of our old boards:
http://www.wildernessguardians.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22696

Currently I have another question, when do  they normally announce it?.. I've heard it is:

• During the month before
  • The month before's Behind the scenes

• The month of's behind the scenes
  • or 2 weeks beforehand
Quote<Raging>
Someone was talking about it a week or so ago, that the next Bonus XP weekend will be in September sometime? (Anyone able to confirm)

So I was wondering, since I'll just liquidate bank to take advantage of this, what should I buy in order to resell? What planks, herbs, pots (for extremes IIRC) What makes the biggest profits?

Also what do you plan on leveling? I'll probably do herb or construction.

Who has done this in the previous weekends and have you got tips?

Edit; If this should/could be moved to somewhere more private if you don't want people taking advantage of your ideas lol?
Quote<JC>
I guess it depends, are you going for pure profit or are you looking for skills you want to train yourself?

If you're training I'd suggest doing a Fruit/normal tree run first as they generally take very little time for a large chunk of (expensive) xp (I would expect at least 200-300k from my farm run during bonus xp).

Herb is probably the next most beneficial skill (as you get high xp rates/time) so you will save a fair bit of cash and will get a significant amount of bonus. I would suggest rather than stockpiling (unf) pots, you should go for supplies for the higher level pots that people commonly train with, such as papaya, Super energies, super attacks etc as the people who are buying these pots are more likely to be willing to pay more in the run up to Bonus Xp (rather than the welf herblore'ers who use prayer pots or w/e and won't be willing to pay much more).

Cons is another good skill, but again, go for the highest xp rate items, so Mahogany rather than Oak or w/e.

The key of it all is to be careful to watch when to sell it, in both previous Bonus Xp weekends the prices for supplies have actually peaked a fair while before the weekend itself (Like a week to 10 days beforehand) so if you hold your supplies too long you will find them hard to get rid of.
Quote<Raging>
Red Chins - Range
Not sure for magic, I would assume most AOE Runes will go up in price?
Oak and Mahog planks would rise more than teak planks?.. Because cheaper people use oak and the more intense players would be using mahogany?
Unf pots for herblore, along with Extreme potions materials?.. So ideally: (Unfinished: Snap, Avantoe, Dwarf Weed and Lantadyme, maybe Ranarr) Along with Cleaned herbs: Torstol, Dwarf weed, Avantoe, Lantadyme and maybe Papayas and mud runes/Grenwall spikes?
I'm not sure what to do with Crafting materials? Blue leathers I guess or what?
fletching AND FM? = Magic logs?
Smithing = Addy Bars I would assume?
Is it worth investing in anything for Cooking?
Farming would be investing the highest level seeds correct? Or do they tend not to rise because they are always in banks normally?

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Creeper975

Wayshow

hmm
i have 10k avantoe pots (unf) and 2k papayas.... should be enough to get me to 88 Herb. then if i have enough money i'll get 89 with super attacks

DestroyerDmc

I want to get supplies for this but not for the experience, i want to have supplies and sell them when the demand skyrockets per usual, and then sit back with a nice wee profit

Wayshow

DestroyerDmc

Il be training range or something, but bonus xp weekends are made to make money :D

Bgpgraebner

Mark

Yeah I'll probably just try and make profit off it, I don't have any stats that i really wish to train.

I set the standard.

Joey

I'd do range, and Defense .. get 90+ range and 99 def  ## . Then, prayer and range would be left to max out lolz.

I wish sum was the full double xp. But it think its like 1.1xp? Not much, but if you would get like 200k and invent, ull get like.. 300.3k an invent I THINK.

But yeah, i'd range and defense

-Joey
-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

James

should invest in herbs or unf potions or secondary ingredients for herby

Mark

Quote from: Theboy126 on July 26, 2011, 07:40:15 AM
I wish sum was the full double xp. But it think its like 1.1xp? Not much, but if you would get like 200k and invent, ull get like.. 300.3k an invent I THINK.

1.1x is 10% more, 300.3k isnt 10% more of 200k. Thats 220k :P

I set the standard.

Raging Mage2

I've decided on:..

Attack
Strength
Defence

Range - Red Chins, just to see what happens
Prayer
Magic - Astral Runes
Runecrafting
Construction - Mahogany planks and Oak Planks (majority Mahog)
Dungeoneering
Hitpoints
Agility
Herblore - Clean herbs/secondaries: Torstol, Avantoe, Lantadyme, Dwarf weed, Mud runes, Grenwall spikes, Crushed nests.
- Potions: Magic, Range, Super Sets (all 3 dose, not much room to rise on super sets though)
- Unfinished pots: Dwarf weed, (I guess Avantoe aswell)
Thieving
Crafting - Not sure for this one yet
Fletching - Trivial skill?
Slayer
Hunter
Mining

Smithing - Addy and Mithril bars
Fishing
Cooking - Another trivial skill, is it worth worrying about it?
Firemaking - Again, trivial skill, I guess magic logs could rise though?
Woodcutting
Farming - might sell a few seeds here and there, most people only buy 1 farming runs worth of materials.
Summoning - Just make sure you buy your shards (at 23gp or lower each) before the weekend comes, and don't forget to buy the secondaries, they will rise aswell, dunno how much by.

Originally WG 16/05/06

DestroyerDmc

either range or do livid farm to get farming and the other skills up :D. Investing in something but i duno what yet

Raging Mage2

I know this is necro, but I wanted to keep it from dying while I still remembered I posted it, did anyone get to take advantage of any of this I quit because I staked 800m before the weekend of this, and am going to maybe do it for the next bonus XP weekend.

Originally WG 16/05/06