• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Mod Mark talks Pre-EOC. Future of Runescape servers?

Started by Asaad, February 02, 2013, 04:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asaad

Forum Quick-Find Code: 14-15-503-64217453
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws

Mod Mark takes into consideration the communities voices about Pre-EOC and sums up his potential ideas in this forum post.
He notes 2006 servers and Old BH as well.

Interested in what they have to say?
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

I didn't see it happening, but now that Mod Mark's acknowledged it...I'm a bit nervous now.

I'm not for any other servers or changing the game drastically. All I want is the toggle removed or at least the wilderness revitalized. Idk, I could change my opinion but that's my stance atm.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Vio

In 2006 we wanted a clan wars arena, and we got it, and it killed the clan world.
Now we want 2006-style servers.
I can see no way in which this carefully-laid plan could ever fail.

BeeBee

If it does go back it'll show the dire state of the game.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Keith

Quote from: Kez on February 02, 2013, 07:25:44 AM
In 2006 we wanted a clan wars arena, and we got it, and it killed the clan world.
Now we want 2006-style servers.
I can see no way in which this carefully-laid plan could ever fail.

aka rs players are retarded

Jesse

I wouldn't mind this set up, however I think they'd need to do it as they did the Beta. Which would essentially have the same lay out as a private server... And hold no relevance to the real game. I think Jagex cares enough about peoples requests to do it, however, the request seems a bit hard to meet. I just hope they don't do something foolish just because fools think it'd be a nice change.

Jesus

Rammstein

I would honestly return to runescape, but it will never be the same, the memories will never be the same :(

Leffe

Yeah I liked the old rs, but then again if this would happen (But i'm pretty sure it won't) it would show what incompetent asses jagex are tbh...
It would destroy their image and I would think very little of them.
I just don't want them to make changes and then call them back. I want them to stick to their decision, and lets be honest eoc isn't that bad. More fun in some aspects

Proud core member of what used to be the best and most famous dutch clan - Michie Super

IlIScottIlI

imo they need to make pre eoc servers just like f2p servers.... no abilities and have new items un usable and untradable just like p2p items in f2p server but still in your bank in the oldschool servers...

BeeBee

If they make pre EoC servers, if it isn't to the 2006 style when the most OP weapon was a D long, I doubt I'll be interested.

I enjoyed p2p multi, but would hate for it to have claws, phoenix necklaces, God Swords and Ganodermic accessible as they pretty much ruined the fun of P2P.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Reece

Yh Dbaxe/Dlong were great fun. DDS was okay before all the overpowered bonuses which caused it to reach insane specs. Dscim wasn't too shabby either. But i'd stop it there.
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Asaad

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

SquelchyFish

Got a nostalgic shiver when you mentioned D long. Those were the days.

Mod Mark manages to ruin everything he touches, hes a midas of decay.